Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD CT26 TURBO

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TRD CT26 TURBO

some1 ask me to buy a turbo call the CT26 im wonder if it is a good turbo and they said it workso n the my TC and are sellin for 800 is that a good offer for that turb
Old 11-27-2005, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now why would you do that?

The CT26 never really amounted to much. Most 2nd gen Supra owners swapped turbos as soon as possible. And if they're trying to rid themselves of turbos, they should be selling for less than 800. Toyota never was really good at making turbos. That's definitely not to say that a CT turbo never made for good or anything. People who've toyed around with the turbo or got ball bearing and ceramic blade upgrades to go along with a P&P job for the turbo got some pretty good numbers.

Mitsubishi, however, makes very good turbos. AKA ZPI's 16G on their first and second stage (stage 0 and 1) turbo kits. There was an attempt to mimic and surpass Mitsu's turbo's quick spool while enhancing the top end; the end result was a turbo that spooled just as quickly as the turbo and made a handful of whp up top - this turbo was very expensive.

Bottom line, there are better turbos out there.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

change the subject on your thread. The title of your thread got me all excited for shiit.

For a minute there i though toyota was going to bring back the CT26 turbo and slap it on the tC.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually that mayb useful its not only supra that uses that turbo also celi alltrac it uses with a 2.0 motor eng. code is 3sgte ppl who had celi alltrac has gotten over 300whp at like 15psi
Old 11-27-2005, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii

The CT26 never really amounted to much. Most 2nd gen Supra owners swapped turbos as soon as possible. And if they're trying to rid themselves of turbos, they should be selling for less than 800. Toyota never was really good at making turbos. That's definitely not to say that a CT turbo never made for good or anything. People who've toyed around with the turbo or got ball bearing and ceramic blade upgrades to go along with a P&P job for the turbo got some pretty good numbers.

Mitsubishi, however, makes very good turbos. AKA ZPI's 16G on their first and second stage (stage 0 and 1) turbo kits. There was an attempt to mimic and surpass Mitsu's turbo's quick spool while enhancing the top end; the end result was a turbo that spooled just as quickly as the turbo and made a handful of whp up top - this turbo was very expensive.

ok now your right about 2 things. there ARE better turbos out there, and yes, 800 is waaaaay to much for a almost 20 year old turbo design. but, it is definetly not a bad turbo. I know lots of my friends that ran a ct turbo boosting about 14-15 psi clocking low 14s to mid 13s. its definetly a well built turbo. now yes to put it on a tc, is maybe not a good idea. but its not a fully bad out of the question idea. but yes he should definetly change the price on the turbo though
Old 11-27-2005, 11:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

CT26 doesnt have great spool characteristics and doesn't really flow well on the top end. It's not a great turbo, but when matched well to its application can suffice. Yes, 800 is a rip off because I have one in my garage I'll sell you for faaar cheaper if you really want one.

Charles
Old 11-27-2005, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought ZPI used the EVO 3 GT turbo, a knockoff of the Real MHI Evo 16g.

http://www.turbochargers.com/Turbos/...rades/evo3.htm

So far it has been a good turbo, cheaper then the real MHI version, and ported with larger flapper to boot.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hehe yea that is tru 800 is 2 much i belive u could get a evo turbo 4 like 300-500 cause for ppl who has evo turbos they want bigger if u are goin 2 buy the ct26 make sure that is trim 50 dat is upgrade u could say i had a alltrac b4. if u really want a ct26 or evo i rec. buy one from forums from mr2. alltrac and supras rememba 88-89 ct 26 turbos are different they are they same as supra mk3 only
Old 11-27-2005, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by garyc_01
hehe yea that is tru 800 is 2 much i belive u could get a evo turbo 4 like 300-500 cause for ppl who has evo turbos they want bigger if u are goin 2 buy the ct26 make sure that is trim 50 dat is upgrade u could say i had a alltrac b4. if u really want a ct26 or evo i rec. buy one from forums from mr2. alltrac and supras rememba 88-89 ct 26 turbos are different they are they same as supra mk3 only
I hate to sound like an ___, but PLEASE take the time to at least use periods. I can live with the horrible grammer I see on here. Hell, mines far from perfect, but some of these post I have been seeing lately are so bad, I can barely comprehend them.

Again, I dont want to come across as an ___. Just getting frustrated that I have to read, and re-read a single post three times just to understand what is trying to be said.

Charles
Old 11-27-2005, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0

So far it has been a good turbo, cheaper then the real MHI version, and ported with larger flapper to boot.
yes, i wish it had ball bearings.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by crazy_kat_matt
ok now your right about 2 things. there ARE better turbos out there, and yes, 800 is waaaaay to much for a almost 20 year old turbo design. but, it is definetly not a bad turbo. I know lots of my friends that ran a ct turbo boosting about 14-15 psi clocking low 14s to mid 13s. its definetly a well built turbo. now yes to put it on a tc, is maybe not a good idea. but its not a fully bad out of the question idea. but yes he should definetly change the price on the turbo though
Well it isn't a bad turbo. In fact, with ball bearings, a port and polish, and ceramic blade upgrade, it's not bad at all. That is, if it's by itself. There are certainly better turbos out there and in relation to most of them, the CT26, to say the least, is nothing special.

If I got a really good deal for one then I wouldn't mind sporting a CT26 but in most cases I'm sure I'd just opt for a better turbo.

So far it has been a good turbo, cheaper then the real MHI version, and ported with larger flapper to boot. :Clap:
Well either way, it's basically the same thing as a 16G.. just ported and polished.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

For the price, you could buy a decent blitz or HKS turbo. used, or new.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by crazy_kat_matt
Well it isn't a bad turbo. In fact, with ball bearings, a port and polish, and ceramic blade upgrade, it's not bad at all. That is, if it's by itself. There are certainly better turbos out there and in relation to most of them, the CT26, to say the least, is nothing special.

If I got a really good deal for one then I wouldn't mind sporting a CT26 but in most cases I'm sure I'd just opt for a better turbo.

So far it has been a good turbo, cheaper then the real MHI version, and ported with larger flapper to boot. :Clap:
Well either way, it's basically the same thing as a 16G.. just ported and polished.
And larger flapper, dont forget that. The MHI 16g is prone to boost creap. Which sucks.