Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD S/C FM/IC..

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
The numbers themself are not as difficult as made out to be but I just dont know why people are getting FMIC's still. Its proven that they are a decent amount of money and lose performance. Spend $300-500 on the Methanol and you will have something proven to work.

This is pretty much strickly a show car. It's for the Bling..
Old 03-10-2007, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

ahhh - well then it caught my attention because I thought it looked pretty darn nice.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dub thee gojira #2
Old 03-18-2007, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

sure
Old 05-21-2007, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So... just to clarify, since everyone on the Internet is such an expert at tuning cars...

We did the intercooler install as a test. Everyone asked about it, so we did it. There's only so much you can believe on the forums, and we had to test it ourselves. The kit was fully custom, we did a lot of measurements and Bell Intercoolers did a great job working with us to ensure that the intercooler was optimal in design for the TRD Supercharger on the Scion tC.

As many have you had mentioned, it does take a lot of piping and yes, it does lose boost pressure. However, the point of an intercooler is to allow you to put more boost into the car in a safe and reliable fashion.

Many people wanted to know exactly how the car worked with just the intercooler installed. This is what we did, and that is the results we got. The goal of the project was to keep it a full daily driver and not sacrifice daily reliability. With that being said, we weren't going to go and install a lighter pulley on the supercharger kit (especially one that would void the supercharger's warranty and no one has had any real guarentees on these pulleys beyond 50,000 miles) and we weren't going to go so far as to install a separate fuel management system to fully tune the car.

For those that have really messed with the TRD supercharger on the tC's you'll realize that there are limitations to the kit, but it was designed that way so that TRD and Scion could reliably have a kit that made reliable horsepower for the demographic they were reaching to. The last thing any reputable dealership or manufacturer needs is a "factory add-on" that starts blowing up motors.

So yes, we didn't dyno the car because as it was mentioned it didn't run perfectly. Without investing into heavy duty fuel management and finding a way to reflash the (already flashed) TRD Map we let it be. We reported our findings so that we could let everyone know that's been wanting to do it, but doesn't know the clear facts on what happens except for what they read online in the forums.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ but there have been a few guys who have done different styles of IC's and it just didnt work out. Eventhough I wouldnt do it ... Ide like to see what yours dynos's at and at what boost level.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thought id give this thread a little resurection to let you guys know, the Modified mag Bell FMIC is now in my ownership. It's going to be going on the car with a list of other parts, but im considering throwing it on there with my stock set-up and straping it to a dyno to put everybody's wonders to rest.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

do it .... ide love to see
Old 06-08-2007, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya, im going to do it, just because I was kinda upset myself no results were shown. It was kool though however that, Jason, did the article and showed that it's not difficult to accomplish. Really the point they were trying to get at, but performance results would have been nice too.

Hey Jason, when I do dyno it... you guys ,Modified , wanna do a short article on the results everybody's wanted? haha