Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: Header First Or S/C
Install the S/C worry about the header later.
35.29%
Wait for the header.
64.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

TRD S/C, NST 9.5lb, MMW Complete.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TRD S/C, NST 9.5lb, MMW Complete.

So I finally have the S/C installed. Im satisfied with it, it's nowhere near Turbo fast but it pulls pretty nice on the freeway. I had a 2006 v6 Solara try to do a Ricer FlyBy on me, I down shifted caught up to and started to pass him but I got stuck behind another car... It was on the freeway not the streets. I also took my tC to my new highest speed, the freeway was empty and a friend that was riding with me wanted to see what it could do, I stepped on it and before I knew it I was already at 120mph, I immediatly let off when I saw how fast I was going. My friend didnt think we were going that fast untill I told him and he looked over. It should be nice once I change the Stock Pulley for the NST 9.5lb Pulley. Nobody around my area has seen a S/C tC so when they saw/heard me coming they all swarmed me and made me pop my hood...haha I even drove around with my Radio off so when I came to stops I could hear the S/C.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

header first.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you are doing the header, do it before the supercharger. You may want to reconsider though. If you have a problem with the supercharger, TRD will not honor the warranty if you have a header installed. Just ask Highlandermac.

Ryan
Old 07-27-2006, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you care about the warranty? If not, install the header first and then go supercharge.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as stated by others... if you don't care about your warranty... get the header on now because working around that SC will wind up ____ing you off... trust me i've been there and done that... if you do care about your warranty... wait and make sure you get yourself another OEM gasket to put back on if something blows in your motor...
Old 07-27-2006, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd just wait for the headers man, it'll be easier then. Whatever you do though go to lowes or somewhere and get a GEARWRENCH FLEXHEAD 12MM. It'll make life much easier when installing the nuts onto the manifold studs, trust me.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also with the wait for headers. I honestly have no idea how you would fit the MMW into the engine bay with the supercharger installed. Between the shaft over the manifold on top and the oil line (assuming that's an oil line :p) on the bottom, you'd be pretty much screwed.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well the S/C is going to be installed at my Uncles work. He's a parts manager at a SoCal dealership, one of the mechanics is going to do it as a side job, but at work so it will keep the warantee. Im getting the S/C for $28XX (his dealerships price), when they sell it for $3400 at normal cost.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did it about a month ago when I replaced my a/w headers with them, I just put the two pieces together once I got it in there, pretty big pain to fool with.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But ive also thought I may not want to use the Header at all, Either sell it on the side, or if it's not to late cancle the order.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get the header man, it's awesome. I love it.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06SuperWhite_SoCal_tC
But ive also thought I may not want to use the Header at all, Either sell it on the side, or if it's not to late cancle the order.
Probably a good idea to cancel if you hate a raspy sound. Extra power may not be worth driving around in a car that sounds lame.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, I know, I should wait till it arrives. Which im hoping is very soon!!! My only hold up is the Header. :-( ive been waiting for about 4-5 weeks, and when I ordered it they said it was in stock and ready to ship, but the next day they E-Mailed me and said they were waiting on a Gasket...the S-Pipe to Mid-Pope gasket.

Is this gasket something I could find on my own, like at a auto parts store or the dealership?
Would you know kytC?
Old 07-27-2006, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Schuller
Probably a good idea to cancel if you hate a raspy sound. Extra power may not be worth driving around in a car that sounds lame.
Sound is no issue to me, besides I dont think it will be that loud, with my HKS Hi-Power and Stock Mid-Pipe. Driving on the freeway and cruising I can't even hear my set-up the way it is now.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, I know, I should wait till it arrives. Which im hoping is very soon!!! My only hold up is the Header. :-( ive been waiting for about 4-5 weeks, and when I ordered it they said it was in stock and ready to ship, but the next day they E-Mailed me and said they were waiting on a Gasket...the S-Pipe to Mid-Pope gasket.

Is this gasket something I could find on my own, like at a auto parts store or the dealership?
Would you know kytC?
Yeah it'd just be a generic 2.5 inch two hole gasket. Check some auto parts stores they should have it. If not search for verocious motorsports on google. They're cheap and would get it to you in about 2 days or so. I order from them often.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I called MMW right now and they said im #1 on the priority list for shipping right now, and that for being so pacient they will send me some "goodies"...LoL

License Plate Frame Maybe, Shirt...
Old 07-27-2006, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kytc

Would you know kytC?
Yeah it'd just be a generic 2.5 inch two hole gasket. Check some auto parts stores they should have it. If not search for verocious motorsports on google. They're cheap and would get it to you in about 2 days or so. I order from them often.
So it's not some "Special Size Gasket" as the Asian lady on the phone claims? If thats the case im going to tell them to just ship it and ill worry about the Gasket.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey kytc you'll probably know the answer to this one is the megan s pipe and midpipe 2.5"???
Old 07-27-2006, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^I think one version of it is. Now the OEM version is 2.25 I believe, I don't if it's the whole pipe or just the axle-back part but their "race" version or w/e is 2.5" if I remember right

Oh and so_cal, no it's not a special asian gasket, lol. If you can't find one at an auto-parts store just get this and they should have it to you in 2 or 3 days, I get my couplers and clamps from them.

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/ver...tems/EG-250-2?
Old 07-27-2006, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc2nut4
hey kytc you'll probably know the answer to this one is the megan s pipe and midpipe 2.5"???
Pretty sure the spipe is 2.25. and the drift spec has 2.5" piping with 2.25" inlet from the spipe. According to the their site.

Quick Reply: TRD S/C, NST 9.5lb, MMW Complete.