Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: Header First Or S/C
Install the S/C worry about the header later.
35.29%
Wait for the header.
64.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

TRD S/C, NST 9.5lb, MMW Complete.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc2nut4
yeah i'm the same way, no harm no foul i was just messing with you too... anywho Im VERY good friends with Brian Fox from Fox Marketing and Sajy Matthews and Aaron Banker of Fuzion Marketing so I get a lot of inside scoops on stuff which is why I've seen that over 14psi thing tried and it did not look puurrty LOL... Keep up the good work...

Just keep your eye out for that super hot super white TC when I'm out there next summer, I'll be lookin for ya
What are you gunna be out in this dirrection for, Shows or taking a Vacation?
Old 08-24-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

family, my dad was stationed at the Mira Mar base so I'm from San Diego and I got some friends I wanna visit that I haven't see in a while. My aunt lives just North of Fontana and she's the coolest lady ever, plus she drives an XB (I told her I was bringing maytag and whirlpool stickers to put on it LOL)
Old 08-24-2006, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LoL, thats cool. We should meet up when you come over here.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i'm not sure you know who you're talking too If you only knew.......
Michael Jackson? ..... no we dont know ...who are you?
Old 08-24-2006, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

yes i Have read and first hand seen an attempt at upgrading past the 14psi... i'm not sure you know who you're talking too If you only knew......
OK, I gotta call Bull$hit here.

Just where did you see an attempt to go beyond 14psi on the TRD SC? (Answer: you didn't)

Who made the pulley? (Answer: you don't know)

Here's the important question. Go back to whoever you saw "attempt" this: What belt did they use? (Answer: you didn't see this attempt, so you don't know)

So.... what kind of management was this person running with his "attempt"? (Answer: You still have no clue.)

Yeah. A custom pulley can be made for 14psi - but damn it'll be tiny. So far the only prototype I know of came from a company you have yet to name. And the purchaser isn't in PA.

Finding a belt for a 14lb application on the SC is almost impossible, but we'll see if you can pull a part # out of your a$$. (My guess is - you're a nobody, and you can't)

The TRD SC is an F-trim Vortech unit that's good for 20lb boost before internally heat-soaking - though there's other factors with the tC that prevent that level of boost. That means you're good for around 15lb safely - IF everything else is built to handle it, AND you can find parts - which isn't easy.

But gee, you already know that, right? After all, you saw it all before your very eyes..... right?

RIGHT??
Old 08-25-2006, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 08-25-2006, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This what I heard. " Some company is planning to make a 15lb pulley" I'm sure if it's true or not. I have been looking online and I still didn't see anything about the 15 lb pulley.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

dashon are you trying to blow ur engine?
Old 08-25-2006, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes I am Dave but not just yet. I'm going to look it ot me more. I want to have motor power so that just mean I'm going to work on the motor. I just don't want forced induction power. I want motor and forced induction power.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IceNine
yes i Have read and first hand seen an attempt at upgrading past the 14psi... i'm not sure you know who you're talking too If you only knew......
OK, I gotta call Bull$hit here.

Just where did you see an attempt to go beyond 14psi on the TRD SC? (Answer: you didn't)

Who made the pulley? (Answer: you don't know)

Here's the important question. Go back to whoever you saw "attempt" this: What belt did they use? (Answer: you didn't see this attempt, so you don't know)

So.... what kind of management was this person running with his "attempt"? (Answer: You still have no clue.)

Yeah. A custom pulley can be made for 14psi - but damn it'll be tiny. So far the only prototype I know of came from a company you have yet to name. And the purchaser isn't in PA.

Finding a belt for a 14lb application on the SC is almost impossible, but we'll see if you can pull a part # out of your a$$. (My guess is - you're a nobody, and you can't)

The TRD SC is an F-trim Vortech unit that's good for 20lb boost before internally heat-soaking - though there's other factors with the tC that prevent that level of boost. That means you're good for around 15lb safely - IF everything else is built to handle it, AND you can find parts - which isn't easy.

But gee, you already know that, right? After all, you saw it all before your very eyes..... right?

RIGHT??
The only thing I can say about it is(i know this isnt directed to me, im just giving some input.), KYTC is the purchaser of a 14psi pulley. Also dont quote me ont it but I believe Joe at Dezod was seeing if it would be feasable to do a pulley set-up to go beyond 14psi. But kytc is the only person I know of that has a 14psi pulley.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

you can get that hight but if you want to go higher you would need to change the crank pulley.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

which is very difficult as there is something in the way of the required pulley to achieve higher boost.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ice nine, he was running an AEM stand alone, the guy contracted his own work out for the set up since he has more money than what he knows what to do with, and I'm not allowed to tell who he is or where he got the set up made, its a secret However if you're thinking pulley for upgrading the boost you're way off, so next time you want to be a jerk atelast try to give some sense of trust to human nature. If you've spent one DAY at NOPI shows you'd know that they're are a lot of prototyping going on with the TRD charger... but then again.. maybe you're just clueless and you really don't you own business... because KYTC already has a 14psi pulley So let me just PM him and ask for that part number... As far as belt size i'm sure that everytime you see a setup you ask little tiny questions and get each and every detail, but then again you're so irritating by barraging me with questions that you just might. The answer to the belt size is that i'm not sure I'll have to see if Sazy or Aaron can get a hold of him and if I can I'll post the belt size for you. I saw it on a company's car and they said it wasnt working right so they were taking it off. Seeing as how it wasn't working properly I didn't ask questions or pursue the subject...people like you irrititate the hell outta me, next time you wanna run off at the mouth like that with out even contacting me first and asking me some basic questions just don't say anything.... either way back on topic...

yes it will be very difficult to up the boost on our setup past 14[psi) because of the crank set up
Old 08-25-2006, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

:whistle:

this is getting ugly guys. I think the personal attacks should be left to PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you're right, i edited out the "unnecessary" stuff...
Old 08-25-2006, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thanks tc2nut4, everyone appreciates that.

06SuperWhite_SoCal_tC good luck with that pulley and all. post back when you get it on and some results.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

bump to resubscribe me to the post.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I got the Pulley, it actually came pretty quickly. I thought it would come with some kind of sheet, but no luck. Does anybody know what size belt we are suposed to use, can we use the stock belt?
Old 08-26-2006, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bump, for belt size?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its posted at nst website

heres the specs
K070890

7PK2265
15/16"x89 3/4" OC
24mm x 2278mm OC

* thats what says on my belt's box. its made by gates and i got thru kragen. they dont stock it and you have to order it.

Quick Reply: TRD S/C, NST 9.5lb, MMW Complete.