Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD S/C Questions (S/C owners, PLEASE help me out)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HighlanderMac
Cat back is going to be a waist. You need to get header back best to do 2.5". That will yeild you more power. Plus make an intake too... The Unichip will help, but you better make sure you have a UniChip tuner near you...
Ya, there's one in Denver and I live a hour away from it. I want to try to a Catback so I can't void the warranty and when I have used up some time, I'll boost it up. How much can a Unichip help?
Old 06-18-2006, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you get the tC yet?
Old 06-18-2006, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Did you get the tC yet?
No, because they're getting me a 07, and I found a 06 SW tC like a hour away. And they said they couldn't find one, how lame.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

which means the supercharger won't fit. The 07 has a redesigned exhaust manifold.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exactly ^^

So basically his questions can be answer'd a year or 2 from now... go TRD!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So you would be spending a total of over 6000 to do it.
Same as a turbo after all is said and done I would think, or near enough to the point where all it would matter is personal preference. The difference in cost would be negated by the fact that if you're spending over 5,000 on a setup you wouldn't hesitate to drop another few hundred to make it work right.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattvs
So you would be spending a total of over 6000 to do it.
Same as a turbo after all is said and done I would think, or near enough to the point where all it would matter is personal preference. The difference in cost would be negated by the fact that if you're spending over 5,000 on a setup you wouldn't hesitate to drop another few hundred to make it work right.
But the thing is, you can get over 300whp with 6000, and we dont know what you can get with the S/C.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:20 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

BTW, I think I am gonna save this because Josh said he can't argue with something I said.. lol...

Josh, I think you and I see eye to eye more than you think, I just think everything happened during a bad time for the both of us. I hereby call a truce....
Yeah I think I might save it to. lol A truce it is then.

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
No, because they're getting me a 07, and I found a 06 SW tC like a hour away. And they said they couldn't find one, how lame
You can't get the S/C yet anyway. It won't fit the 07 tC YET. They are working on the redesign right now. I know that doesn't mean a whole lot to most people (everyone) out here because of the delay of the S/C to begin with but it is coming.

To be honest with you I don't know if it's going to act the same way with aftermarket goodies so all of the answers you got may not hold true. It's just a theory and hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by josh_trdsparks

BTW, I think I am gonna save this because Josh said he can't argue with something I said.. lol...

Josh, I think you and I see eye to eye more than you think, I just think everything happened during a bad time for the both of us. I hereby call a truce....
Yeah I think I might save it to. lol A truce it is then.

No, because they're getting me a 07, and I found a 06 SW tC like a hour away. And they said they couldn't find one, how lame
You can't get the S/C yet anyway. It won't fit the 07 tC YET. They are working on the redesign right now. I know that doesn't mean a whole lot to most people (everyone) out here because of the delay of the S/C to begin with but it is coming.

To be honest with you I don't know if it's going to act the same way with aftermarket goodies so all of the answers you got may not hold true. It's just a theory and hopefully I'm wrong.
Yea, that's what I am afraid of, it won't be good as the 06. Or not have as much potential. Could be better tho.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

josh_trdsparks - i was at the funk flex car show today - there were no turbo or s/c tC's there. I should have brought mine in from the parking lot ..ha.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm usually the only FI TC at the meets I've gone to.... you need to start showing up to some

Basically from everything i've read, a 9.5lb NST pulley is "quite safe" for a daily driver, and that a Bosch 110 BPV won't do anything detrimental either.

The turbo'd TC's I've read about seem to regularly throw CEL's and generally tear up the motor more.

Yeah, you have that warranty issue - but from a daily-driver/reliability standpoint, I for one do NOT think going turbo is the answer In fact, if you want >200hp on your daily driver, the SC and smaller pulley/swapped BPV is the ONLY answer for the tC.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IceNine
I'm usually the only FI TC at the meets I've gone to.... you need to start showing up to some

Basically from everything i've read, a 9.5lb NST pulley is "quite safe" for a daily driver, and that a Bosch 110 BPV won't do anything detrimental either.

The turbo'd TC's I've read about seem to regularly throw CEL's and generally tear up the motor more.

Yeah, you have that warranty issue - but from a daily-driver/reliability standpoint, I for one do NOT think going turbo is the answer In fact, if you want >200hp on your daily driver, the SC and smaller pulley/swapped BPV is the ONLY answer for the tC.
That's exactly what I want. A TRD S/C with warranty, Magnaflow Catback, Forge 007 BPV, and 9.5lb or 12lb pulley. Hoping to get at least 225 WHP.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah that pulley kinda does bad things for warranty though. Lol.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Oh it sure does...

But I would trust my engine with a SC, NST pulley and Bosch 110 over ANY turbo kit at 6psi in a daily driver.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

That's exactly what I want. A TRD S/C with warranty, Magnaflow Catback, Forge 007 BPV, and 9.5lb or 12lb pulley. Hoping to get at least 225 WHP.
just so you know - 12psi is not safe unless you have a different management and a way to keep it cool (prob meth injection) ....just so you know.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82

just so you know - 12psi is not safe unless you have a different management and a way to keep it cool (prob meth injection) ....just so you know.
Well, it's a daily driver, so it won't be run too hard. I might get a Unichip or Emanga Ultimate or whatever it's called and some meth/water injection, I know nothing about those anyway.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

yeah, a 12lb pulley is a no-go, do the 9.5 NST. Forge 007 may not even be necessary over a $55 Bosch 110. 225 WHP is definitely attainable with the magnaflow catback.

And there you have it. The perfect daily driver that should be just as reliable as stock (note the word, SHOULD).
Old 06-26-2006, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, it's a daily driver, so it won't be run too hard. I might get a Unichip or Emanga Ultimate or whatever it's called and some meth/water injection, I know nothing about those anyway.
hmm maybe you shouldn't be considering modding the SC setup just yet if you don't know anything about it. not trying to dog on you, just trying to be honest here.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I mean about the injections.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, a 12lb pulley is a no-go, do the 9.5 NST. Forge 007 may not even be necessary over a $55 Bosch 110. 225 WHP is definitely attainable with the magnaflow catback.

And there you have it. The perfect daily driver that should be just as reliable as stock (note the word, SHOULD).
Hmm, what's the difference between a Forge 007 and a Bosch 110? I hear that the Forge 007 keeps the boost more...

Quick Reply: TRD S/C Questions (S/C owners, PLEASE help me out)