Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD S/C Questions (S/C owners, PLEASE help me out)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, I say "prove it".

It's been shown that the Bosch leaks less boost than the stock BPV.

I haven't seen anything that compares the 007 to the 110.

I'm big on proof. You wanna sell me something, prove it's better in some way.

There's threads here on SL that PROVE certain intakes ROB horsepower on a dyno - but people buy 'em anyway. I'm not one of those people.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not trying to sound cocky, but there was someone who had the Forge 007 and said it held in better boost than the Bosch 110.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

there has to be people that have a view on the two ... please speak out.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

forge 007 is the way to go. it's a much better constructed unit in my humble opinion.

the way ice nine wants it, i cannot prove it. im not going to waste money buying a 110 and installing it and then buying a forge; however, i've seen in person a 110 compared to a 007, and can for sure say the forge is a much better unit.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one benefit to the 110 is it still appears stock under the hood, which is good enough for me ( hmmm, i mean my "friend" )...
Old 06-27-2006, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, buy a black forge 007, instead of a polished one.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, it would be a black one. Where could I get one for cheap? And could it fit the new S/C?
Old 06-27-2006, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
I'm not trying to sound cocky, but there was someone who had the Forge 007 and said it held in better boost than the Bosch 110.
Yeah, anyone can say that... My point is, back it up with real data.

People will spend money on a product, and simply because they spent that money they will claim it's "better" than something else. People still buy those umnitza or whatever intakes, yet someone proved on a dyno that it caused a LOSS in horsepower on a dyno. It hasn't stopped people from CLAIMING they're better than stock.

Same goes for this 007 vs. 110 business. Unless someone has actually shown PSI #'s on a dyno pull, I call BS. There's dyno sheets here on SL that show the stock 102 BPV teetering at around 4-5lb boost, and the addition of the 110 making it a solid 6lb with the stock pulley.

I see no such numbers on this 007 part, and I really want proof before I part with my money.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yeah, I know nothing about the 007, however when I was at the dyno, I ran a max of 5psi on the 102. I swapped out to a 110 to see if there was any difference. Let the motor and s/c cool to the same temp it was when I ran the 102, and saw 7psi at redline and an extra 8HP. Then I swapped the 102 back in for warranty purposes. ~cough~
Old 06-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

That's exactly what I want. A TRD S/C with warranty, Magnaflow Catback, Forge 007 BPV, and 9.5lb or 12lb pulley. Hoping to get at least 225 WHP.
You're not making a whole lot os sence here. Warranty and a NST pulley do not go hand in hand. What are you more concerned with 200+HP or your warranty? Because you can't have both.

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
josh_trdsparks - i was at the funk flex car show today - there were no turbo or s/c tC's there. I should have brought mine in from the parking lot ..ha.
LOL that's funny.

Originally Posted by IceNine
Yeah, you have that warranty issue - but from a daily-driver/reliability standpoint, I for one do NOT think going turbo is the answer In fact, if you want >200hp on your daily driver, the SC and smaller pulley/swapped BPV is the ONLY answer for the tC.
If you're looking for the 250hp mark then the turbo is a better idea IMO. But if you're looking for a daily driver with a little more kick then yeah changing the BPV and pulley would probably be a better idea than the turbo. But I still don't recommend either if you're truly concerned about warranty.

Sorry but I have to add the disclaimer.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Oh absolutely. If you have to have 250hp, and don't care about the little niggles and finesse a turbo requries day-to-day, by all means, get a turbo.

I personally don't want to deal with the issues surrounding turbos. At this point, I don't want to swap out my exhaust manifold. I will go cat-back. I don't want to throw CEL's or install O2 simulators. Those are all hassles I don't need.

I'm not hardcore, i've never claimed to BE hardcore, and I will never become hardcore. This is the vehicle I drive to work each and every day And with everything that's done to it thus far, I'm 100% confident it will pass inspection in 49 states without having to flat out lie to the ECU
Old 06-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Oh absolutely. If you have to have 250hp, and don't care about the little niggles and finesse a turbo requries day-to-day, by all means, get a turbo.

I personally don't want to deal with the issues surrounding turbos. At this point, I don't want to swap out my exhaust manifold. I will go cat-back. I don't want to throw CEL's or install O2 simulators. Those are all hassles I don't need.

I'm not hardcore, i've never claimed to BE hardcore, and I will never become hardcore. This is the vehicle I drive to work each and every day And with everything that's done to it thus far, I'm 100% confident it will pass inspection in 49 states without having to flat out lie to the ECU
ditto.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by josh_trdsparks

ditto.
+2
Old 06-27-2006, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For the comment about the different BPV looking different than stock, it doesn't matter.

Dealer won't do anything to you for replacing the BPV. Hell, the local dealership I'm getting my charger installed it is going to install my Forge for me :p
Old 06-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by mattvs
For the comment about the different BPV looking different than stock, it doesn't matter.

Dealer won't do anything to you for replacing the BPV. Hell, the local dealership I'm getting my charger installed it is going to install my Forge for me :p

Until they read the warranty sheet and find out that it will directly effect the warranty on the S/C.

Don't get me wrong I don't see how it could hurt anything but I didn't engineer the thing so that isn't saying much.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well if the stock one is defective, ill be damned if i'm keeping it on my car. forge goes in, one way or the other ;)
Old 06-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by mattvs
well if the stock one is defective, ill be damned if i'm keeping it on my car. forge goes in, one way or the other ;)
Oh no doubt. Just giving you a heads up in case they try to pull something funny. If they'll put it in for you you're golden. That makes them 100% responsible.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by josh_trdsparks
That's exactly what I want. A TRD S/C with warranty, Magnaflow Catback, Forge 007 BPV, and 9.5lb or 12lb pulley. Hoping to get at least 225 WHP.
You're not making a whole lot os sence here. Warranty and a NST pulley do not go hand in hand. What are you more concerned with 200+HP or your warranty? Because you can't have both.

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
josh_trdsparks - i was at the funk flex car show today - there were no turbo or s/c tC's there. I should have brought mine in from the parking lot ..ha.
LOL that's funny.

Yeah, you have that warranty issue - but from a daily-driver/reliability standpoint, I for one do NOT think going turbo is the answer In fact, if you want >200hp on your daily driver, the SC and smaller pulley/swapped BPV is the ONLY answer for the tC.
If you're looking for the 250hp mark then the turbo is a better idea IMO. But if you're looking for a daily driver with a little more kick then yeah changing the BPV and pulley would probably be a better idea than the turbo. But I still don't recommend either if you're truly concerned about warranty.

Sorry but I have to add the disclaimer.
Actually, I am going to wait for awhile until the S/C gets broken in and see if there's any problems and then wait for awhile again and if there's no problem, I'm gonna install these parts.