Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD sc install question.. compresser mounting bracket??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 12:04 AM

Default TRD sc install question.. compresser mounting bracket??

I'm doing a Supercharger install on a buddies tc, so far its been pretty straight forward except for the head unit mounting. The kit came with two spacers but are not mentioned anywhere in the instructions. I tried searching but came up empty I'm sure there for the head unit bracket but not sure if there used on the 5 spd cars or only automtics.

Its a 5spd car , the top ear of the bracket, above the starter does not sit 100% flush with out any spacers, it sort of binds on the trans before bottoming out , its not fully a 90* angle if you understand what I'm saying. It looks like the shorter of the two spacers should go between the top ear of the bracket and the bellhousing This keeps the bracket from binding but the longer spacer will not fit in the small space left on the other ear of the bracket.???

Are these two spacers only used on the automatics? it is a newer kit with the revised bracket, the one thats not supposed to break if it matters. I'd like to finish the install to night as I have to work on my own car tomorrow, so if anyone knows for sure please reply to the noob looking for help.

Thanks

Old 08-10-2007, 12:47 AM

Found this pic in another post, what are those two spacers for? this is a 5spd car and they came in the kit, without a dipstick since it doesn;t have an auto? Are they not used at all ?

Old 08-10-2007, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

you dont need those spacers or dipstick if its a 5 spd. only need em for the auto. it doesnt matter if its the new mounting bracket or not, they both have the same mounting locations, just the newer one is made out of higher strength metal. so you dont need those. good luck.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:53 AM

so those two spacers are only used on the compresser bracket in automatic cars then? Thanks you.... should have uit runing in a hour.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

actually if I remember correctly those are used to mount the bracket that holds the snail half of the supercharger assy to the area the starter is. You use those spacers to make it so the U shape piece is evenly lined up.