Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD SC OWNERS ... is there enough interest?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:14 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TRD SC OWNERS ... is there enough interest?

I have been getting this question A LOT lately...

"do you guys build custom SC pulleys for boost levels higher than 9.5psi?"

Obviously, the answer is yes! As you see them around these forums from time to time. People are using our 55mm (12psi) and 50mm (14psi) pulleys along with engine management, more fuel, and extra cooling options.

The above brings us to this question... Is there enough interest around here, for us to start a limited Group Buy thread, for our 55mm (12psi) SC Pulley for you TRD SC guys.

Let's see a show of hands please... who would join a GB within the next couple weeks, and be able to come up with some cash to pre-pay for a custom 55mm pulley?

MSRP on such a pulley is usually $149 plus shipping
SL GB Price would probably be around $125 plus shipping

Anyone interested?

Old 09-05-2008, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

50MM for me ...
with the corresponding belt...
PM me whenever you need money send ...
Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member

If I wasn't on my second SC or at least had more faith in and miles on this one I'd be all over this.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wish you post this up when I was supercharged. lol
Old 09-05-2008, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've had mine for a while now and lovin' it!
Old 09-05-2008, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wish i had a 14 pound pully!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

im get a s/c soon and these much smaller s/c pulleys intrigue me

what ive been wondering is this.
right now i have the nst underdrive pulley kit and i don't really wanna change them out. couldn't you just run a higher psi pulley to equal out for the psi drop of the underdriven pulley causes?

how many psi do you lose with the underdrive pulley set ?
where would a 12psi pulley put me if i decided to stick with my underdrive pulley set?
Old 09-05-2008, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by unxpectederror

right now i have the nst underdrive pulley kit and i don't really wanna change them out. couldn't you just run a higher psi pulley to equal out for the psi drop of the underdriven pulley causes?

where would a 12psi pulley put me if i decided to stick with my underdrive pulley set?
I think someone needs to get that pulley make some big horses and give you guys something to think about.

and i gues the pulley is made to go with that set. so no aditional in my thinking needs to be done to it.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by TCFROEZEL

I think someone needs to get that pulley make some big horses and give you guys something to think about.

and i gues the pulley is made to go with that set. so no aditional in my thinking needs to be done to it.
naa normally everyone switches to the CR lite pulley instead of the underdrive that way they don't loose boost pressure. what im trying to figure out is how do you get the equivalent to a 9.5 pulley while still using and underdrive crank pulley.

i think one of these smaller pulleys would be a solution to that situation. i think that it would appeal to people who still wanna utilize the benefits of a underdrive crank pulley while still boosting at 9.5psi.

the question is what size s/c pulley would allow this
Old 09-05-2008, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I heard TRD is comin out with intercooler this year for supercharger, this would be great if you upgrade to a smaller pulley.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We havent done any testing with the combination that you are suggesting... so I'm afraid I can not give you an exact answer on this one. I'm sure you can try a couple of combinations and get pretty close to where you want to be.

The CR-Lite, NST02148, was designed specifically for use with the TRD SC and is the pulley that we would recommend using once you go with the TRD SC.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So back to the original topic... Anyone here interested in a 55mm SC Pulley Group buy? We would need at least 12 people to make this happen...

Old 09-06-2008, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

am i being ignored ?
look at the first answer to your thread.

i think instead of going with the 55MM go with the real deal the 50MM ...
Old 09-06-2008, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'm in for more boost!! I already have the methanol injection kit, just need the pulley, injectors, engine management, and a tune from Ptuning. :D
Old 09-06-2008, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK we have 2 here.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCFROEZEL

naa normally everyone switches to the CR lite pulley instead of the underdrive that way they don't loose boost pressure. what im trying to figure out is how do you get the equivalent to a 9.5 pulley while still using and underdrive crank pulley.

i think one of these smaller pulleys would be a solution to that situation. i think that it would appeal to people who still wanna utilize the benefits of a underdrive crank pulley while still boosting at 9.5psi.

the question is what size s/c pulley would allow this
sounds like you understand why people switch to the CR-lite when getting the s/c so i'll just explain from there. to reach the desired 9.5psi, you already know you're going to have to get either the 12psi or 14psi pulley. i dont think anybody has ever ran the underdrive pulley with the s/c, and if they did, i dont know if anybody has documented how much boost was actually lost. so that's the biggest problem for you right now.

another thing to keep in mind is the belt size. NST will probably be able to help you more with this info, but you'll probably have to test out a couple of belts to see which is the best fit for that setup of the s/c and the under drive pulley. after you do figure that all out, you might experience some belt slippage, resulting in loss of boost. i have the 12psi, and still not slipping (can't remember what belt size i have), but with the 14psi pulley, the slipping issue might be of more concern.

sooo to sum it up, underdrive pulley + 12/14psi pulley MIGHT get you that 9.5psi you want..could be more. but throw in the slipping issue you could very well still end up with less than 9.5psi. it might be an inconvenience to change out that underdrive to a CR-lite, but i think changing out to the CR-lite is the least problematic way to achieve what you're looking for. not only will you avoid the hassles of finding a perfect belt (belts are expensive), but you can pick up the 9.5psi pulley and get what you want and pretty much not worry about anything else but the install. another plus to this would be less wear on the s/c by running the 9.5psi pulley instead of a 12psi to try to get 9.5psi.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is this dead ? no one interrested in this ? come on guys.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For some reason people here are affraid to mod there s/c now because of the select few who had problems and made them seem bigger then they were!

Since the day i got supercharged i put the nst 9.5 pully on! 15K MILES later, i had one tiny oil leak that was easly fixed!

a turbo car with 15k miles would of had much more problems!

But ill be updating my other s/c post soon as my froozen boost intercooler should be here any day!

I mean 14psi pully with built motor and head revving to 8,200 rpms! HMMMMMMM
Old 09-16-2008, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ would be nice LOL. and how about a Stroked engine reving to 8000 RPM ? HEHEHE
Old 09-16-2008, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sure, i would be interested...if i didn't already own it.

Quick Reply: TRD SC OWNERS ... is there enough interest?