Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD Supercharged: Track Times

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 06:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: TRD Supercharged: Track Times

Manual
R/T - .344
60' - 2.347
330 - 0.000
1/8 - 9.701
MPH - 75.37
1000 - 0.000
1/4 - 14.88
MPH - 95mph
Street tires, stock suspension. I stayed side by side with a g35 until 4th gear (he beat me with me right at his rear bumper at the end of the 1/4). Launching involved slipping around 2000-2500. Anything higher and 1st gear spun like crazy. Wheel hop was prevalent in 1st gear as well as really bad when going into 2nd (bounced the front end a couple times even o_O). A stiff suspension and mounts should be good to get me into the mid 14's. With DR's I'm sure I can scratch low 14's.

Edit: btw, for people only running the 1/8th mile with an S/C tC... it's kind of a waste given the S/C setup makes for a heavily top end inclined car. My 9.7 1/8th is generally only good for a low 15 in the 1/4 but I ran 14.8's all day with the same 1/8th lol.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, but given how small a schedule the "almighty" California Speedway has... Irwindale is my only option. I'd like to think given my time in the 1/8th... 13's arent to far cry a stretch ahead of me. 9.19 in the 1/8th is good for 14.0-2 in the 1/4... and I was on street tires. Drag radials could very possibly yield 13's for me.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I still have some left in my tires but they only have a 3rd left .... I am just waiting a few months and need to go back to a few old posts i had. Should cost me around $110/tire for some good tires rated higher in every point (as per tirerack). Tires deff make a big difference because when people were at lower hp's people would talk about how hard they can hit the gas before spinnng ...etc etc. W/ higher hp setups and tires that are getting worse and worse as the months pass ... it deff matters. Sucx because to do things right you need to do hp mods and match them w/ performance mods. I think the stage2 stoptech kit will be a nice replacement. New fluid and steal lines will help a lot. I wouldnt get the drilled rotors ...just the slotted. I was thinking about painting my rotors either black or blue ... im thinking black. Maybe a dark blue wouldnt be bad.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06SuperWhite_SoCal_tC
Yes, but given how small a schedule the "almighty" California Speedway has... Irwindale is my only option. I'd like to think given my time in the 1/8th... 13's arent to far cry a stretch ahead of me. 9.19 in the 1/8th is good for 14.0-2 in the 1/4... and I was on street tires. Drag radials could very possibly yield 13's for me.
I bet you could scratch a high 13 even with street tires. Your last 1/8th mile is going to be faster than your first 1/8th mile, especially since you ran street tires (I'm assuming 2nd gear wasn't very agreeable with you... certainly wasn't with me and I make 30whp/14wtq less). DR's are easy 13's for you, I bet you'll nail high 8 1/8th miles easy.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1tc4u2nv
The launches were at 2k but this time i was getting wheelhop in 1st and half of 2nd and i decided not to continue racing. I'm in the process of getting some suspension mods in and i think a 9.5 is very possible on my stock tires.

To take care of that wheel hop.

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/s...roducts_id=341
Old 05-14-2007, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VitViper
Manual
R/T - .344
60' - 2.347
330 - 0.000
1/8 - 9.701
MPH - 75.37
1000 - 0.000
1/4 - 14.88
MPH - 95mph
Street tires, stock suspension. I stayed side by side with a g35 until 4th gear (he beat me with me right at his rear bumper at the end of the 1/4). Launching involved slipping around 2000-2500. Anything higher and 1st gear spun like crazy. Wheel hop was prevalent in 1st gear as well as really bad when going into 2nd (bounced the front end a couple times even o_O). A stiff suspension and mounts should be good to get me into the mid 14's. With DR's I'm sure I can scratch low 14's.

Edit: btw, for people only running the 1/8th mile with an S/C tC... it's kind of a waste given the S/C setup makes for a heavily top end inclined car. My 9.7 1/8th is generally only good for a low 15 in the 1/4 but I ran 14.8's all day with the same 1/8th lol.
those are pretty good times, and we are aware that the sc tc is more of a 1/4 mile car. Seems like a lot of us are having trouble getting to a 1/4 mile track, for example, the 1/8 mile track is about 15 minutes from where i live and they only open wednesday,friday and saturday nights, $20 all you can run,you can get 8-10 runs in 3 hours. On the other hand, moroso is 1.5 hours away, on test and tune days is $20 all day, but be prepared to wait 30-45 minutes between runs.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
The launches were at 2k but this time i was getting wheelhop in 1st and half of 2nd and i decided not to continue racing. I'm in the process of getting some suspension mods in and i think a 9.5 is very possible on my stock tires.

thanks, i was looking at that yesterday but before i buy it i would like to hear from people that have it.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Manual
R/T - .344
60' - 2.347
330 - 0.000
1/8 - 9.701
MPH - 75.37
1000 - 0.000
1/4 - 14.88
MPH - 95mph

those are pretty good times, and we are aware that the sc tc is more of a 1/4 mile car. Seems like a lot of us are having trouble getting to a 1/4 mile track, for example, the 1/8 mile track is about 15 minutes from where i live and they only open wednesday,friday and saturday nights, $20 all you can run,you can get 8-10 runs in 3 hours. On the other hand, moroso is 1.5 hours away, on test and tune days is $20 all day, but be prepared to wait 30-45 minutes between runs.
Thanks. I hadn't been to this specific track before (PIR in Portland). Let's just say I'm not going back, I'll stick with the track in Woodburn. The launch pad isn't prepped for ____, first time I launched my wheels hooked onto some ruts and the car bounced. The left lane (where I ran the majority of the time) was slanted to the left... shifts to second generally involved the car going sideways from wheelspin/wheelhop/torque steer. lol
Old 05-14-2007, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks, i was looking at that yesterday but before i buy it i would like to hear from people that have it.
Me too. I wonder what kind of vibration that introduces to the car at idle? Polyurethane motor mounts on my ZX2 eliminated the wheel hop I used to get on the car but the stock idle created enough vibration to rattle your teeth (so I raised my idle to 1200 rpm lol)
Old 05-14-2007, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

PM Brett, he has it.

Just a little story on the development of the product. This product came about because of Brian (Jester)'s car. It has a built motor in it, running a ZPI Stage 1 turbo kit. Kenny and the crew was on the dyno doing a little tune. When the car would hit, the TQ was so much that the motor would rock and the piping would ding the hood. Also causing the shift linkage to pop the car out of gear. Finally they said to hell with this and created out of pure engineering R&D this solid bar to take advantage of the screw holes that are already in the Transmission. Instantly, no more motor movement and gear popping!

You can Also PM Brian about it if you wish. I'm getting one soon as the Clutch/Flywheel combo is done on my Z.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:03 PM
SL Member

PM Brett, he has it.

Just a little story on the development of the product. This product came about because of Brian (Jester)'s car. It has a built motor in it, running a ZPI Stage 1 turbo kit. Kenny and the crew was on the dyno doing a little tune. When the car would hit, the TQ was so much that the motor would rock and the piping would ding the hood. Also causing the shift linkage to pop the car out of gear. Finally they said to hell with this and created out of pure engineering R&D this solid bar to take advantage of the screw holes that are already in the Transmission. Instantly, no more motor movement and gear popping!

You can Also PM Brian about it if you wish. I'm getting one soon as the Clutch/Flywheel combo is done on my Z.
i dont have an engine limiter but if someone wants to hook me up with one, i'll gladly take it off there hands.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bet you could scratch a high 13 even with street tires. Your last 1/8th mile is going to be faster than your first 1/8th mile, especially since you ran street tires (I'm assuming 2nd gear wasn't very agreeable with you... certainly wasn't with me and I make 30whp/14wtq less). DR's are easy 13's for you, I bet you'll nail high 8 1/8th miles easy.
Actually on that run I bogged off the line... if you watch my video you cant even hear any wheelspin from me. I had my tires aired down to 20psi, and launched at 2300rpm... bogged just bearly and it managed to get back on it's feet quite quickly. It looks like a awesome launch from the vid... but in the car it felt like I launched to low for the tire pressure I was running. My first runs were done on 36psi and resulted in nothing but wheel spin 1-2 gear.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually on that run I bogged off the line... if you watch my video you cant even hear any wheelspin from me. I had my tires aired down to 20psi, and launched at 2300rpm... bogged just bearly and it managed to get back on it's feet quite quickly. It looks like a awesome launch from the vid... but in the car it felt like I launched to low for the tire pressure I was running. My first runs were done on 36psi and resulted in nothing but wheel spin 1-2 gear.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That was also pre Fujita CAI... when my baseline was at 222whp and 192tq.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was running 28psi in my tires. Was a little edgy about taking them any lower. Street tires don't like that low of a PSI, especially in the last half of the quarter where they just create more drag than anything else (so I've been told).

And yeah -- bogging definitely nets you a few tenths in the 1/8th as opposed to a solid launch.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

that picture on their webpage is so ZOOMED in .... you cant really see how its setup. Is there a shock on there or just a strait bar?
Old 05-15-2007, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett

PM Brett, he has it.

i dont have an engine limiter but if someone wants to hook me up with one, i'll gladly take it off there hands.

Hmm...I could have sworn you mentioned having one. Oh well, my bad.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

9.1 is a great ET for supercharged. anything above 9.5 is pretty bad. I can hit 9.8's and I'm NA with 2.2 60' and .501-.600 RT's pretty consistantly.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ you are running the 1/8th in 9.1?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ALaS
9.1 is a great ET for supercharged. anything above 9.5 is pretty bad. I can hit 9.8's and I'm NA with 2.2 60' and .501-.600 RT's pretty consistantly.

9.8 and 9.9 is what we ran in the 1/8th, back when all we had was a full exhaust system as a power mod.

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
^ you are running the 1/8th in 9.1?

I think he was just saying that it's a good time for a Supercharged tC.

Quick Reply: TRD Supercharged: Track Times