Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD Supercharged: Track Times

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

jeze - thats real fast - ive never seen a s/c tc run faster then 9.6
Old 07-04-2007, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82

The real question is, is that 9.1 a One-hit-wonder, or is a consistent time. Back when we had just the exhaust only, 15.1/15.2 was the constant times. The absolute best time though was 14.8 in the 1/4 mile.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was hitting 14.8 consistently on the 1/4 mile on my current setup minus the crank pulley. 1/8 time was 9.5-9.6 consistently
Old 07-04-2007, 10:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

im thinking that the horrible scionvip track conditions have a big part in why the numbers were so much higher.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

The real question is, is that 9.1 a One-hit-wonder, or is a consistent time. Back when we had just the exhaust only, 15.1/15.2 was the constant times. The absolute best time though was 14.8 in the 1/4 mile.
For now it's a one hit wonder... because with the replacement of my s/c and the new unit having the tamper-proof bolt I can't put my NST 9.5psi pulley on...

Anybody come up with solutions to this bolt yet, ive been searching but no results yet.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im thinking that the horrible scionvip track conditions have a big part in why the numbers were so much higher.
yea your right. at the VIP track is unpreped, the very next day on the 1/4 track in the same complex I ran .6 seconds faster in the 1/8th!!
Old 07-05-2007, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06SuperWhite_SoCal_tC

For now it's a one hit wonder... because with the replacement of my s/c and the new unit having the tamper-proof bolt I can't put my NST 9.5psi pulley on...

Anybody come up with solutions to this bolt yet, ive been searching but no results yet.
Everyone is look for solutions for the tamper proof bolt.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that new bolt seems to be a pain in the a$$ for those that have it..glad i dont have to deal with that . i've seen some pics, but is it a bolt that looks like it's a wheel lock?
Old 07-05-2007, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yessir, thats exactly what it looks like, but smaller. Ive contacted both TRD and Vortech, neither of them seem to know what im talking about... I know if we can find the assembler of the superchargers then we know who has the key. any body know who that is? I don't think it's TRD or Vortech that actually puts them together.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yessir, thats exactly what it looks like, but smaller. Ive contacted both TRD and Vortech, neither of them seem to know what im talking about... I know if we can find the assembler of the superchargers then we know who has the key. any body know who that is? I don't think it's TRD or Vortech that actually puts them together.
One person who I wont name said the best bet would be to drill it out and fit a normal bolt into it. I wouldnt want to be the guy doing the drilling but im sure someone will do it.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya, I don't wanna do anything like that. but im still going to look into maybe a custom CNC machined Key from my buddy.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lets get some more 1/4 mile times with the s/c.....lookin to buy one but wanna see how the track times are to help me see if its worth it...
Old 07-08-2007, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Makes me think of the Matrix Reloaded........"Are you the Key Maker". Oh and Ghost Busters too. Do you need to find the Gate Keeper too?
Old 07-08-2007, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05FMXtC
lets get some more 1/4 mile times with the s/c.....lookin to buy one but wanna see how the track times are to help me see if its worth it...

If you haven't already figured out what the track times one is to expect from it, then I would advise doing a little more poking around in the F/I section. Only recently after the price drop has it's price matched to its performance qualities.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My friend that is a CNC Machinist looked at the bolt yesterday, he's going to measure it and see if he can make a program to cut it... So we'll see from here.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

If you haven't already figured out what the track times one is to expect from it, then I would advise doing a little more poking around in the F/I section. Only recently after the price drop has it's price matched to its performance qualities.

i dont agree but the price drop is another benefit. The old price plus another few grand of options (killing the warranty ...but im just saying) its a good deal. Not everybody likes turbo's. S/C's are a safer alternative for someone that is just getting into FI. I think you will agree w/ most of that. If you want to spend $5k ....a turbo is some nice power - I like both options but im still glad I bought the s/c so I could learn about FI more. Knowing about a car doesnt mean you know about FI. But im glad they dropped the price.... people that saved up enough to get the s/c ...then needed install money ....can now spend a total of $3k and get the s/c.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

i dont agree but the price drop is another benefit. The old price plus another few grand of options (killing the warranty ...but im just saying) its a good deal. Not everybody likes turbo's. S/C's are a safer alternative for someone that is just getting into FI. I think you will agree w/ most of that. If you want to spend $5k ....a turbo is some nice power - I like both options but im still glad I bought the s/c so I could learn about FI more. Knowing about a car doesnt mean you know about FI. But im glad they dropped the price.... people that saved up enough to get the s/c ...then needed install money ....can now spend a total of $3k and get the s/c.

No, actually I don't agree with that. The old price plus another few grand of options (killing the warranty) would be worthless, because it's still slow. For the price you could have paid for the bottom line turbo kit, and be faster. I'm a Horespower - to - Dollar ratio type person. If it does not perform at what I think it should for the price given, then it's worthless to me.

And the S/C'er for the tC is no "safer" than a turbo kit. With the Price drop....NOW I deem it a suitable performance upgrade. A "Get What You Pay For" price now.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

$400 methanol, $400 header, $750 exhaust, $700 cams, $90 pulley, $40 belt, $500 emanage, $300 pnp eman harness, $400 bigger injectors, + 2,100 s/c = 320whp ($5,600.00)

Either way I like the numbers and prefer the s/c for someone who is starting out. Im loving the turbos so dont get me wrong. If you have $6k upfront and can slap the dezod turbo on ... its pretty darn nice.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

$400 methanol, $400 header, $750 exhaust, $700 cams, $90 pulley, $40 belt, $500 emanage, $300 pnp eman harness, $400 bigger injectors, + 2,100 s/c = 320whp ($5,600.00)

Either way I like the numbers and prefer the s/c for someone who is starting out. Im loving the turbos so dont get me wrong. If you have $6k upfront and can slap the dezod turbo on ... its pretty darn nice.

You forgot labor to install all of that.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and dyno tuning..

but alot of those prices you mentioned are easy to beat if you get used parts with a couple of them i.e. exhaust (or get a custom one for alot cheaper) and header. and if you're going to boost more then 9.5lb, the pulley will cost about $150.

it's all about what you're looking for in FI that will make either a turbo or super right for you.

Quick Reply: TRD Supercharged: Track Times