Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member

Default TRD Supercharger

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have an 06 Scion tC BCP, auto transmission. I just got a card in the mail from one of the Scion dealers around me saying they now have the TRD Supercharger: $3250 for autol trans and $3200 for manual trans (uninstalled). Has anyone actually gotten the Supercharger for an Auto tC? If so, what was the final price? Thanks!!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

order it from Sparks. 2950 + shipping for a grand total of 2997 or some obscure number.

http://www.trdsparks.com maaaaarvelous service. When I ordered mine they called and asked me if I could wait an extra day before shipping so the box it came in was presentable instead of dented to hell and gone.

When a company asks for your input on the freakin' BOX, you know you made the right choice.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

hes getting his installed today and tomorrow! He should have it back by thursday?

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...2794&start=300
Old 06-28-2006, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member

i was wondering more how much the total was through dealer installation and if anyone had gone that route. My issue is I don't want warranty voided and hence would like to have it dealear installed and covered. Thanks
Old 06-28-2006, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Buy from TRDSparks, install it at your local dealer - that's what I did with both tC and Matrix - never had any warranty issues, saved upwards of $500 on each blower ($200 price difference plus $200-300 in sales tax that you don't have to pay).
Old 06-28-2006, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member

R2K2D2 Posted: 6/27/06 4:30PM Post subject: TRD Supercharger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have an 06 Scion tC BCP, auto transmission. I just got a card in the mail from one of the Scion dealers around me saying they now have the TRD Supercharger: $3250 for autol trans and $3200 for manual trans (uninstalled). Has anyone actually gotten the Supercharger for an Auto tC? If so, what was the final price? Thanks!!

Welcome to Scion Life!
I'm one of the auto/Supercharged tc on the forum.
I got mine from my local dealer for 3050 including the autofit kit.
but had it installed by a couple of friends of mine at there shop.
Listen to what the other's are saying about finding a place that sell's the supercharger at a lower price.
you will enjoy it alot when you get it.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

^^ how do you like it?
Old 06-28-2006, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

got mine from trd sparks and the fit kit. install was 650 for me at the dealer
Old 06-28-2006, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

the auto supercharger is 3250 from the dealer here in orlando
Old 06-28-2006, 03:00 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by mattvs
order it from Sparks. 2950 + shipping for a grand total of 2997 or some obscure number.

http://www.trdsparks.com maaaaarvelous service. When I ordered mine they called and asked me if I could wait an extra day before shipping so the box it came in was presentable instead of dented to hell and gone.

When a company asks for your input on the freakin' BOX, you know you made the right choice.
Yeah what he said.

Yes this is a shameless plug.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It'll be a little bit more for the supercharger in your case because you need the automatic tranny fit kit (but it's only a negligible increase)

it's another $50 so it'll be 3,000 plus shipping.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I would love this item, but wow 4g's? They should introduce a after-market finance plan similar to what Yamaha does. I just see all the kids that are scrounging for pennies just to afford the car and don't see many Superchargers being sold unless they allow the kit to be financed.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Kathryn
I would love this item, but wow 4g's? They should introduce a after-market finance plan similar to what Yamaha does. I just see all the kids that are scrounging for pennies just to afford the car and don't see many Superchargers being sold unless they allow the kit to be financed.
You'd be surprised at how many people have bought them. I mean I wish they would do financing on them as well. I know there would be way more people with S/C'd tC's.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member

I plan on going F/I once I leave Guam in Aug. Was planning on going turbo'd but now thinking of s/c. Cuz I plan on getting a WRX soon,too. I have seen alot of posts about s/c problems. Has anyone had any type of problems with just the s/c with header and full-exhaust?
Old 06-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by tarheel_tc
I plan on going F/I once I leave Guam in Aug. Was planning on going turbo'd but now thinking of s/c. Cuz I plan on getting a WRX soon,too. I have seen alot of posts about s/c problems. Has anyone had any type of problems with just the s/c with header and full-exhaust?
So far it seems as though the problems are cause combination of things. No one has really pin pointed the problem. There are guys with a header and a pulley that had a leak. But there are a lot of people who have both and have no problems at all so far. I haven't seen anyone with just the header have a problem so far but I could have missed something.

All I can say is if you're going to do it then either wrap or jet coat the header and make a heat shield.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I want a finance plan so I can get my Supercharger NOW!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by josh_trdsparks
Originally Posted by tarheel_tc
So far it seems as though the problems are cause combination of things. No one has really pin pointed the problem. There are guys with a header and a pulley that had a leak. But there are a lot of people who have both and have no problems at all so far. I haven't seen anyone with just the header have a problem so far but I could have missed something.

All I can say is if you're going to do it then either wrap or jet coat the header and make a heat shield.
What we need is sombody that had that problem is take the thing apart and post pics of the issue so we can all put our head together and fix it the actual problem.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by -NEMESIS-

What we need is sombody that had that problem is take the thing apart and post pics of the issue so we can all put our head together and fix it the actual problem.
Been done already. HighlanderMac took his apart and greenbox actually resealed his and it's working fine so far.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

^^ did he have pics and part numbers of what he used?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:05 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I think greenbox is working on posting the pics and I know highlander posted pic of it taken apart. If you want to see on taken apart I have on dismantled in my living room.

Quick Reply: TRD Supercharger