Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD supercharger for auto!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TRD supercharger for auto!!!

This is true they have a fit kit from TRD due that will be available sometime this month. MSRP is about $52.00. Warranty will still apply. Part #PTR01-21060-89
Old 01-11-2006, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats cool but it'll probably only give the auto 170whp which isnt worth even a warranty to me.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unfortunatly, I haven't received the stats on it yet. I'll keep you posted.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

170 whp for the auto? i dont think it would be that low..i HOPE it isnt that low! lol
Old 01-11-2006, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XD40tC
Thats cool but it'll probably only give the auto 170whp which isnt worth even a warranty to me.
Yeah, because getting more HP would be so worth paying for an engine overhaul and a new transmission
Old 01-11-2006, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05-RS1
170 whp for the auto? i dont think it would be that low..i HOPE it isnt that low! lol
manuals dyno around 185-190whp. (with just the supercharger, no other mods) So an auto with just the s/c would probably dyno somewhere around 170-175whp. Get the ZPI "stage 0" kit if you want more power than that. It will put you over 200whp.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not to mention you are going from the lowere stock hp of the auto in the first place.... So you will prolly have around the same % gain
Old 01-12-2006, 07:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i just saw the part on mcgeorgeparts.com
Old 01-12-2006, 07:28 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i'm going to say its going to dyno at 175whp.

thank god this is coming out soon. if all goes as planned, ill have my supercharger by this summer.

175whp wont be so bad, i mean, we do stay in our powerband for longer than the manual, and our tranny shifts less.

maybe the 20 less horsepower will give us better traction through the 1st 2 gears as well.

sorry for rambling.... lol
Old 01-12-2006, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

It does not matter much what it will dyno at - peak hp and torque will still be at redline, "sweet spot" will still be way up high in the RPM range. So since auto does not usually shift at redline and with longer gears it drops RPMs pretty low on every shift, the acceleration will be nowhere close to MT SC.

Kinda like celica GT-S auto...
Old 01-12-2006, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by zoltiz
It does not matter much what it will dyno at - peak hp and torque will still be at redline, "sweet spot" will still be way up high in the RPM range. So since auto does not usually shift at redline and with longer gears it drops RPMs pretty low on every shift, the acceleration will be nowhere close to MT SC.

Kinda like celica GT-S auto...
no way this car will be like the GT-S auto

the GT-S hit lift at 6k and the auto shifted at 7.2K

the manual shifted somewhere around 8K

the auto tranny [tC] will shift at redline during WOT

we will be putting down less power throughout the whole powerband, but that doesnt mean we wont hit the same boost as the manual transmission.

i see the longer gears as an advantage for the auto, along with a tranny that shfts faster than any human possible can.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

An auto that shifts faster than any human can? Uh.. I really didn't want to have to sign in and make a fuss, but my friend owns an auto, and I have a 5speed. I've driven his, he's driven mine. The MT will shift faster any day of the week (given a decent driver). Not only does the AT suffer from "long gears", but from the lag generated when it shifts. The AT is a good highway car. As for performance, I wouldn't even bother with a SC for the AT. Doesn't seem worth it. And don't get me wrong, autos have there place, but racing isn't one of them.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:18 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by serith
An auto that shifts faster than any human can? Uh.. I really didn't want to have to sign in and make a fuss, but my friend owns an auto, and I have a 5speed. I've driven his, he's driven mine. The MT will shift faster any day of the week (given a decent driver). Not only does the AT suffer from "long gears", but from the lag generated when it shifts. The AT is a good highway car. As for performance, I wouldn't even bother with a SC for the AT. Doesn't seem worth it. And don't get me wrong, autos have there place, but racing isn't one of them.
i would love to see a human that can shift faster than a computer.
an automatic tranny vs a manual tranny given the same horsepower will beat the worlds best stick driver. its a known fact that automatic transmissions shift faster than humans.

there is no lag through shifting, it just doesnt shift hard.

the longer gears make this car a good "racer" since it wont have to shift, and at the same time stay within its power band.

i have the auto, and i would say the sweet spot starts at 4k and pulls all the way through, when WOT, the car shifts at 6250 and falls to 4000 in the next gear.

there is lots of hope with the auto tranny, i wouldnt put anything past it.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay, I'm not going to fan a fire, but here me out.

I drive both, all the time. The M/T is "quicker" than the auto. I've raced my car against my auto counterpart numerous times, with sprints from a dead stop, 20, 40mph, etc. The auto has me for a split second until I get traction to my wheels, then I tie it up in first, and eat him alive through second, and shut it down in third. I can also shift gears much faster than the auto can with hard acceleration. I understand that SOME cars with an A/T CAN shift super-fast, but this isn't the case with the tC. Now I'm only sayin that when comparing the m/t tC to the a/t tC. I'm NOT comparring a ferrari with an auto to our car--or some other exotic car for that matter. I know top end cars have fast as hell auto trannys, or ridiculously fast manuamatic transmissions. But IMO, reguardless of speed, taking away the drivers ability to shift the car (and control how and when the engine engages, and at what engine speed), takes all of the fun away from driving. I don't care which is, or can be quicker/faster, or which car has more potential with a super or turbocharger. I drive my 5-speed daily and I wouldn't want it any other way.

IF my buddy gets his auto tC supercharged (which i HOPE he does!!), I'll post the results of future races. But IRL, I don't think it's a smart financial decision on his part atm. I'm going to SC mine in may, when I can take off my ____acular snow tires/steel wheels and slap my 18" enkis/pirelli's back on.

Everything aside, I just don't like the gearing of the A/T. That's one of the reasons I'd never buy an auto tC. I'm not super happy with my gearing either. Toyota really f ucked up my final drive ratio.. 3000rpm @ 70, who the hell were they kidding. And first gear is way too short.. I have my complaints too. Do I think the A/T has more potential as far as who will run a better 1/4 mile time with a SC? Uh, no. You simply loose too much power through your torque convertor. M/T tc's are getting what, 190+ to the wheels, and the A/T is said to put down 170+? Um, those are easy figures. Will they be close? sure. Will the A/T out perform the M/T? I really have my doubts. If you can prove me wrong, do it.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:14 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

im not saying that the automatic transmission will run faster quarter mile or 0-60 times, im just saying its IMPOSSIBLE for a human to shift faster than a computer.

Nope, the auto tranny wont outperform the MT, but i'd put money on it that the auto tranny will run a 15 flat in the 1/4 mile.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's about damn time this thing came out, geezus. I dont care what anyone says, I'm getting mine, and I'll get a dyno to show the numbers
Old 01-14-2006, 08:25 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by eujin
It's about damn time this thing came out, geezus. I dont care what anyone says, I'm getting mine, and I'll get a dyno to show the numbers
go for it

as for me making the tC a performance car...

saving up for a new 350Z

300HP BABY!
Old 01-14-2006, 08:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

350Z is nice, but I'd prefer a G35 myself
Old 01-14-2006, 12:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ LOL
When ZPI installed the supercharger they got 195whp, I havent seen any in the 180 range.
Although I'm guessing the Auto S/C will be right around 185.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Majority of drag cars are auto.... With the right mods, An auto will beat a manual.... shift kits, stall converters... things of that nature.... jsut a little input... that's all

Quick Reply: TRD supercharger for auto!!!