Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD supercharger for auto!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by LiNxStEr
Im curious because before the S/C came out people and turbos for the M/T where comming out. I rememer a lot of people said if you have a A/T car to wait for the supercharger because A/T handle with a S/C installed then with a Turbo. Now that the S/C is finally coming out for the A/T you guys are saying it wont really make a difference. I think i got the wrong car LOL ><
of course it'll make a difference, im expecting the auto tC to dyno around 175whp.
thats a 45whp jump from its base WHP
Old 01-26-2006, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

so, zpi stage 1 or supercharger? any input for the auto guys?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think stage 1 might be pushing it..i dont know of any autos with even the stage 0 yet. zpi said that the stage 0 is perfect for autos but since nobody i know of has it for the auto, its all speculation. but like i said, it may be pushing it..especially if its 300+ whp and tq
Old 01-27-2006, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why do you all keep saying the kit is out for the a/t? it isn't.
mcgeorge has had the part number on their site because they are too lazy to remove it.

And I spoke to TRD this week. They also say it's still not out.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

I just ordered my Fit Kit, The company didn't say anything about a "Pre-Order" or anything. If the link below doesn't work go to
http://www.scioncrazy.com/trd_scion_tc_supercharger.htm and click on "Order Scion Parts Online"

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=3477

I'm not sure if I just got scammed or if I'm going to have to wait like the rest of us... But I will let you know when I receive my package Seems to come from a Reputable company, "Champion Toyota" is a Scion Dealership.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

some of you guys can be so rediculous, manual vs. auto baby! autos can beat maunuals, manuals can beat autos! give it a break..it can be so tiring some times reading these threads and everybody getting so territorial about their tranny. i have an auto. i would like the sc too. but i dont race. if i ever got pulled over for racing, my insurance would bend me over and stick it in dry. i just enjoy driving the car, just accelerating on an on ramp, or passing on the highway, or the occasional wot to mess with the ricers and wannabes'.
i wouldnt want to even think about turbo, that is so much wear and tear in the long run, but the sc was designed keeping torque gains lo, to go easy on the tran. thats great for everyday driving. i would get the sc, suspension, and other stuff to make my car feel good when i drive, but you would never see me going to the track or anything, because in the racing catagory, our cars fail. i knew this going into the auto back when i ordered it. would i go back and switch to a manual? no. just cuz i couldnt stand reverse, lol. but yea, manuals are fun. my svt contour would woop up on most of the cars around, i miss it, but fords were and are a peice. it just depends on the car. i would never buy a performance sport car in an auto. thats just dumb. but when it comes to "sporty" cars that arent performance, but "torquey", yea...i got an auto. plus it would be fair because my fiance cant drive manual. its just a cool car, and the best price in its class by far. just my .02, but i hate to see people getting in biccerments over silly things, like what tranny is faster...
we all bought our tranny for which best suits us...
Old 01-30-2006, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and please, no flame throwers pointed at me, and no calling me ignorant either, i think i would cry...
Old 01-30-2006, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
Originally Posted by SkaTG2k3
...ahem... slighty modded (I/H/E) civics fart canned up... that makes them feel their poopie don't stink guys... besides... im an auto, i have noticed lag over the manual i test drove... sorry for being unclear
its quite alright, im auto and ive beaten 325i's and i/h/e civics.
do you have a lot of mods in your car? i used to have a V6 accord and my friend at work is so proud of his 325i though i always beated him, now he keeps saying lets race, now with your post im wondering how can my tC beat a 325i with 215hp/185 tq (he keeps saying that) or do i have to do some mods? no SC or Turbo for me...
Old 01-31-2006, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05-RS1
i think stage 1 might be pushing it..i dont know of any autos with even the stage 0 yet. zpi said that the stage 0 is perfect for autos but since nobody i know of has it for the auto, its all speculation. but like i said, it may be pushing it..especially if its 300+ whp and tq
sciondad has stage 0 on his auto... that is what i meant... supercharger or stage 0?
Old 01-31-2006, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you dont really care about warranty and that stuff, i'd say stage 0. costs about the same mayb even less but you get much more power from the stage 0 than the s/c. if you are conerned with warranty and stuff get the s/c.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: TRD supercharger for auto!!!

Originally Posted by Joseph_Scion
This is true they have a fit kit from TRD due that will be available sometime this month. MSRP is about $52.00. Warranty will still apply. Part #PTR01-21060-89
month is up, wheres the SC for the AT?
Old 02-03-2006, 10:59 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by diablito
Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
Originally Posted by SkaTG2k3
...ahem... slighty modded (I/H/E) civics fart canned up... that makes them feel their poopie don't stink guys... besides... im an auto, i have noticed lag over the manual i test drove... sorry for being unclear
its quite alright, im auto and ive beaten 325i's and i/h/e civics.
do you have a lot of mods in your car? i used to have a V6 accord and my friend at work is so proud of his 325i though i always beated him, now he keeps saying lets race, now with your post im wondering how can my tC beat a 325i with 215hp/185 tq (he keeps saying that) or do i have to do some mods? no SC or Turbo for me...
no mods on my car, just make sure you can launch or you will lose. It WILL be a close race, and make sure the 325i is auto too!
Old 02-04-2006, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump to see if its still not out
Old 02-06-2006, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

probably will be as long as it took to finally see the supercharger in the first place....
Old 02-07-2006, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump bump bump!
Old 02-10-2006, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump again? any news from those that are more connected?
Old 02-10-2006, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

another bump and ill start deleting!

but seriously... cmon... we all know this thread exists and as soon as someone gets it done they will post about it. You saying bump isnt going to make it happen any faster.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true but still its worth knowing
Old 03-10-2006, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

trust me, when/if it shows up, you will not believe the amount of talk it will generate.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by gjpjr84
trust me, when/if it shows up, you will not believe the amount of talk it will generate.
this TRD fit kit will in fact be more popular than sliced bread, AND color TV, COMBINED!

Quick Reply: TRD supercharger for auto!!!