Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD Supercharger Q?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TRD Supercharger Q?

I have a 06 Auto Tc with 53k miles in it. Am now ready to boost my Tc and I am leaning towards the S/C, am not looking to make crazy hp or anything but I want something to make my Tc more fun to drive. Am not to worried about the warranty unless I get one of them faulty blowers, is there any fix to that problem yet? Anyway if I get the S/C I would like to get the NST 9.5 and crank pulley, the Ptuning turboback exhaust, the MMW S/C intake? or should I make my own out of something else? replace the BVP to a 50/50 bpv which one would be good? the Go Fast Bits, Forge Hybrid?I know I might run lean with some of the things mentioned above so I know I will need a tune, what piggyback should I go with the Emanage Blue, Ultimate or the AEM F/IC? I would probably keep the stock manifold on but am not sure yet. Any help or recommendations would be great on my journey to F/I. And yes I have searched and I found some pretty helpful info. If I missed something more to upgrade the S/C let me know.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member

Actually you might now run lean. Or very lean. That would have to be checked.

It has been proven that intake will not make you run lean.

I have never heard of anyone saying that the pulley would.

Together - Maybe a little.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Am guessing a good tune will fix that??
Old 10-01-2008, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by plmars

Its true about not running lean with a intake? I didnt know that. I was really wondering about that but i have one question. Does it void your warrenty if your remove the supercharger air box with a aftermarket intake?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. u dont have a manifold with the S/C u have headers. Get new headers and dont go with ptunings exhaust. Its 3" all the way through u dont need that. get headers, invidia s-pipe and a nice midpipe and axle back exhaust. Go with emanage blue. u dont need anything serious. get the s/c intake from MMW (weapon R). Forge DV, 9.5 pulley and ur good to go.

PS. spending over 600 on ptuning exhaust for someone thats not gonna make more than 250 whp is a waste in my eyes. go to an exhaust shop like midas or exhaust depot and ask for a custom 2.5" headerback exhaust with a resonator on the midpipe .. itll be 300 or less i bet. throw on some MMW (weapon R) headers they are NICE.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
1. u dont have a manifold with the S/C u have headers. Get new headers and dont go with ptunings exhaust. Its 3" all the way through u dont need that. get headers, invidia s-pipe and a nice midpipe and axle back exhaust. Go with emanage blue. u dont need anything serious. get the s/c intake from MMW (weapon R). Forge DV, 9.5 pulley and ur good to go.

PS. spending over 600 on ptuning exhaust for someone thats not gonna make more than 250 whp is a waste in my eyes. go to an exhaust shop like midas or exhaust depot and ask for a custom 2.5" headerback exhaust with a resonator on the midpipe .. itll be 300 or less i bet. throw on some MMW (weapon R) headers they are NICE.
PS you dont have headers, you have a header. You can call it a manifold if you want, as thats what its really called. Get the MMW header/s pipe combo. Dont bother with the ptuning exhaust you will loose a bit of torque out of it. At 230whp your auto tranny is going to start slipping.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

even with the header, full exhaust, 9.5 psi pulley and intake u wont make that much power.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
even with the header, full exhaust, 9.5 psi pulley and intake u wont make that much power.
I beg to differ.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol.. my friend has the setup with dezods exhaust, custom 2.5 spipe. emanage, header and pulleys and he doesnt. (auto).
Old 10-02-2008, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I currently have a magnaflow exhaust with stock spipe and stock *headers* lol reason why I havent changed the headers and or spipe is because of the rasp it will produce. From the sound videos on youtube the ptuning sounds nice without any or little rasp with the stock headers which is my main reason to get one. Now if I go with the MMW headers with spipe and my current magnaflow what resonator would be good for that setup that wont give me to much rasp? or should I get rid of magnaflow and go custom?
Old 10-02-2008, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GhoZt
I currently have a magnaflow exhaust with stock spipe and stock *headers* lol reason why I havent changed the headers and or spipe is because of the rasp it will produce. From the sound videos on youtube the ptuning sounds nice without any or little rasp with the stock headers which is my main reason to get one. Now if I go with the MMW headers with spipe and my current magnaflow what resonator would be good for that setup that wont give me to much rasp? or should I get rid of magnaflow and go custom?
I'm not SC but have the mmw header w/ spipe and magnalfow exhuast, I also have a magnaflow highflow cat and a 18" resenator

Id suggest getting 24" resenator and highflow cat, and you should be fine. you will only get a lil rasp when you slam the gas, for me, its only from 2k-3.2k it cleaers out an sounds nice.. but i also built my own, welded and all, i'm checking this weekend to see if i can fix it a little
Old 10-02-2008, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do w.e setup u want just make sure u get a resonator on the midpipe u buy.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member

Originally Posted by plmars

Neither alone will make you run dangerously lean on the TRD tune. Both, however, will when used together.