Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TRD Supercharger question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 02:53 AM

Default TRD Supercharger question.

Does anyone know if they will finance the TRD SC when purchasing a tC?
Old 03-01-2009, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They aren't supposed to afaik. That might end up varying by dealership though. I don't recall if I've heard of anyone being able to do it or not though.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:01 AM

I thought so. I am still waiting for a call from the dealer. I put in a message and they have not got back to me yet. When I bought my first tC they said they wouldn't finance it into the cost of the car but now that its been on the market for a while I thought it might have changed. Getting my new tC before the end of the month and I want it to feel completely different.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

I was going to when I bought my 08. They told me that they couldn't but would take it out of my deposit. They were probably trying to make more money out of my purchase but who knows. I didnt end up doing it anyways... and im glad.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
They aren't supposed to afaik. That might end up varying by dealership though. I don't recall if I've heard of anyone being able to do it or not though.
x2
Old 03-01-2009, 06:02 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

They do have financing for the supercharger, however it is separate from the financing for the car.

When I got mine, it was before that was announced, and mine was rolled into the financing for the car as an accessory lol
Old 03-01-2009, 06:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

They are supposed to through Toyota Financial. They advertised it like crazy for the tC and the Tundra.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:11 AM

great responses gives me some high spirits. Love it. I hope they do it for me... Dang. I am so stoked on the possibility. anyone have any feed back on the sc's? worth it or not?!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no personal experience with it, other than getting beat down by one back when the car was a week old that left me thinking "i don't want that to happen again....", so dezod hooked it up. I hear the 05-06 models SUCK due to pretty much everything you can think of having an issue. The 07-up models, however, i haven't heard many complaints. be prepared to void you warranty when you want more power though. the nst pullies are great but you have to jack up the bolt that holds the stock pulley on and bam, if the supercharger breaks, it's out of your pocket. there's a couple guys on here that reubild them though, way better than trd does, so there's that option. good luck man.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

Yes there are many upgrades for the super charger, but you need to ask youself how much power you want from your car. Sometimes its more cost effective and reliable if you go turbo.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bradaven
great responses gives me some high spirits. Love it. I hope they do it for me... Dang. I am so stoked on the possibility. anyone have any feed back on the sc's? worth it or not?!
Oh, uhm. IMO, not worth it! My motor blew because of it and now im getting an Si lol. If you dont plan on modding the supercharger then get it because of warranty, but if you want to mod beyond warranty coverage, stay away!
Old 03-01-2009, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by HEYitzMEEE
Originally Posted by bradaven
Oh, uhm. IMO, not worth it! My motor blew because of it and now im getting an Si lol. If you dont plan on modding the supercharger then get it because of warranty, but if you want to mod beyond warranty coverage, stay away!
very interesting that you say that. Most my friends who have FI have gone with the turbo instead and say its way better. I just don't wanna have to throw down cash to have a faster car. total bummer.. I am definitely a fan of reliability. If not so, I'd just get a DODGE SRT4 or Chevy COBALT SS...

Ughhhhhhhhh Such a hard decision.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well let's just say the supercharger is no way reliable. I always loved toyota for reliability, but sad to say Honda wins.

With the money you spend financing a supercharger, you'll probably spend enough money for a turbo kit and a half. =\
Old 03-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

don't get a supercharger. its crap. not reliable too many issues, and to many horror stories about them.. SC is crap I wouldn't even waste money on that thing. that's why there discontinuing them and watevers left at the dealers are the only ones being sold nomore are being made
Old 03-01-2009, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Look for all the blown motors on this forum because of the supercharger. I'll be the first to admit, it blew my motor!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:16 AM

dang thats wild.... Forced induction is just dangerous period huh? How can I get like an extra 40 - 60 hp with out jeopardizing my motor? possible? lets get this going. tell me all I have to do without spending 3 g's and having my motor blow...
Old 03-01-2009, 08:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is no way to do it without any risk. the only possible was is to get a turbo and run it at 6psi or less but even then there is always risks!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I think ur best bet is going turbo>supercharger. with a conservative tune and everything ull easily be around 250/260ish. and aslong as u have a nice low boost like 6/7psi ur golden with no problems ofcourse if everything is installed right tuned right etc.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

toyota won't let you finance through them on the new vehicle as part of the vehicle sale.
but if you finance on your own, like through a credit union --- that's your work around.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

See - I had my first s/c and because my car was stock I got a free charger when it broke. Then I did a bunch of work and i blew my engine and it wasnt covered. The thing is ..... I messed with my car. If it was stock I would have a new engine from toyota. Point being, if you only have X amount of money and arent going to mess with the car ....whats wrong with the s/c? You will have a warranty and if things break it will be covered. So how bad is that?

Quick Reply: TRD Supercharger question.