Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

treadstone turbo kit/ anyone have it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know they say it. but i didnt know any other engine management except hondata, what other piggybacks are good?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

AEM and map ECU. google magic my friend
Old 06-18-2007, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Treadstone owner hear that is happy with his kit. I highly recommend getting a piggy back of some sort. I myself am gonna pick up the AEM F/IC to tune my car. Yes the kit can run safely on the stock ecu, it will run rich. As others have said, the piggy back will allow you to lean out the fuel curve and obtain more power while still being safe. But to get you started, its not absolutely necessary for ur car to run off the bat. But I must say, if ur gonna boost ur car, do it right and get a tuning device. GL, and keep us posted on what you decide to do.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm looking seriously at doing the same thing; getting a treadstone kit - does this kit work on an Auto? (assuming iget a tranny cooler as well)

since i only make money for the summer, do you think it would be safe to run this kit for a year to see how i like it and then possibly add the emanage later?

what about exaust? they say it runs ok on the stock one, but better on a bigger one.... how helpful would upgrading my hks axleback be? and should i change the whole thing or just get a midpipe and s pipe?
Old 06-18-2007, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrodTc
Treadstone owner hear that is happy with his kit. I highly recommend getting a piggy back of some sort. I myself am gonna pick up the AEM F/IC to tune my car. Yes the kit can run safely on the stock ecu, it will run rich. As others have said, the piggy back will allow you to lean out the fuel curve and obtain more power while still being safe. But to get you started, its not absolutely necessary for ur car to run off the bat. But I must say, if ur gonna boost ur car, do it right and get a tuning device. GL, and keep us posted on what you decide to do.
good to hear.. i heard about that new aem piggyback.. is that out yet? if not ill just get emanage atleast its better than nothing.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the kit will run fine on its own as long as you don't go over thew recommended psi till you get a piggyback.

of course a good exhaust will work wonders, a turbo exhaust prob even better.

Hey i'm digging this AEM F/IC can it be used as a "as a stand alone piggyback" or does it have to be paired with a EMS or AFC?

what about just using something like a HKS super AFR to run a turbo kit like the treadstone?
Old 06-18-2007, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NycMiner
I'm looking seriously at doing the same thing; getting a treadstone kit - does this kit work on an Auto? (assuming iget a tranny cooler as well)

since i only make money for the summer, do you think it would be safe to run this kit for a year to see how i like it and then possibly add the emanage later?

what about exaust? they say it runs ok on the stock one, but better on a bigger one.... how helpful would upgrading my hks axleback be? and should i change the whole thing or just get a midpipe and s pipe?
It does work on an Auto. I'd keep the boost to 5-7 psi though. Anything higher and ur tranny will not like it. Also, you can run the kit without the emanage, although id tell you to have the money for one just in case. The kit will perform fine on your stock exhaust. Upgrading to 2.5 turbo back will definately increase your power. but for the time being, if money is that tight i'd say wait on it and use that money for an emanage or something similar.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrodTc
Originally Posted by NycMiner

It does work on an Auto. I'd keep the boost to 5-7 psi though. Anything higher and ur tranny will not like it. Also, you can run the kit without the emanage, although id tell you to have the money for one just in case. The kit will perform fine on your stock exhaust. Upgrading to 2.5 turbo back will definately increase your power. but for the time being, if money is that tight i'd say wait on it and use that money for an emanage or something similar.
this is coming from the guy with the kit! take his word for it.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Mugetsu
I think the kit will run fine on its own as long as you don't go over thew recommended psi till you get a piggyback.

of course a good exhaust will work wonders, a turbo exhaust prob even better.

Hey i'm digging this AEM F/IC can it be used as a "as a stand alone piggyback" or does it have to be paired with a EMS or AFC?

what about just using something like a HKS super AFR to run a turbo kit like the treadstone?

a piggy back requiers the stock ECU to work at all. a stand alone is just that it works alone you remove the stock ecu completly.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

(sigh...) i knew some one would get confused about how i worded that...

what i meant was, CAN the AEM be used to run a turbo "by its self" or does it need to be paired up with some thing else(other than stock ecu) example: how DEZOD pairs up the apexi neo with their Black Box...

another question, Has Treadstone corrected the fitment issues? such as the turbo touching the fan shroud and the down pipe being too close to the oil line...
Old 06-18-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

(sigh...) i knew some one would get confused about how i worded that...

what i meant was, CAN the AEM be used to run a turbo "by its self" or does it need to be paired up with some thing else(other than stock ecu) example: how DEZOD pairs up the apexi neo with their Black Box...

another question, Has Treadstone corrected the fitment issues? such as the turbo touching the fan shroud and the down pipe being too close to the oil line...
My turbo doesn't hit the fan shroud, nor does my downpipe hit an oil line. It does, however, touch the AC line. Just heat wrap it and no problem. Yes, you CAN use just the AEM.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, the AEM FIC is just a piggy back but controls AFR, you do not need to pair it with anything. Unless you want a boost controller, that is a different situation.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the replies! Its the manifold that sold me on this kit...
Old 06-19-2007, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the advice guys... now to earn some more dough....

isnt the AEM piggyback like 1700 dollars? I hear its really good, but that seems prohibitively expensive to put on a 18000 dollar car
Old 06-19-2007, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope you are thinking of the "stand alone" the AEM F I/C is only about 480$ bucks mang!
Old 06-19-2007, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im waiting until Dezod plays with the AEM FIC then, i will be ordering it STAT!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the replies! Its the manifold that sold me on this kit...
yea, cast iron is nice. it ain't breakin, thats for sure. lol
Old 06-19-2007, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha its true. Ive felt that thing, its not going anywhere.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

thats actualy the same reason i was looking at this kit. i might just end up ordering just the manifold. that actualy helped me mighty thanks.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that manifold is sexy. also check out the Turbo Toyota's one... its making some power as well.

Quick Reply: treadstone turbo kit/ anyone have it?