Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Treadstone turbo NEW PICS & VIDEOS!!! 2/11 pg 20&21

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ambition760
rythmnsmoke
PS....And where is the FIRST video? Did I miss that one somewhere?
on the first page is the first video..........but here i have copied it for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F-YV75iXQo
hey ambition, when are you getting urs put in again? I am trying to decide between the Treadstone or the ZPI Stage 0.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by nd4spd_4_a_tc
As of right now with no FM, Im running 5psi. At WOT the AFRs are 12.6-11.5. The higher the rpms the richer it gets. Starts out very lean.

And I can remember the days when they gave ZPI hell for making the Stage 0 kit with no management....talking about how crappy it was going to be...

Kit looks sick in person...sounds real good too
The reason why he's running no management is cause this kit comes with injectors, plugs and an intercooler...all of which the stage 0 doesnt come with, hence the ability to run the car at a decently safe level

The Stage 0 runs richer than that, so it's not UN-safe either...

Also

Treadstone $3199.95

Stage 0 $2670.00

Difference of $529.95, so your paying for that extra equippment (injectors, plugs and IC) with the Treadstone kit. Where you would spend the same $500 bucks in optional equippment with the Stage 0, and run the same gear.

Soooo.....Like I was saying, find it ironic how the "experts" were saying it was a poor design, and out right stupid to run...
Old 01-24-2007, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BEUTIFUL!
I miss my bossted tC
Old 01-24-2007, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BEUTIFUL!
I miss my boosted tC
Old 01-24-2007, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

As of right now with no FM, Im running 5psi. At WOT the AFRs are 12.6-11.5. The higher the rpms the richer it gets. Starts out very lean.

And I can remember the days when they gave ZPI hell for making the Stage 0 kit with no management....talking about how crappy it was going to be...

The reason why he's running no management is cause this kit comes with injectors, plugs and an intercooler...all of which the stage 0 doesnt come with, hence the ability to run the car at a decently safe level

Also

Treadstone $3199.95

Stage 0 $2670.00

Difference of $529.95, so your paying for that extra equippment (injectors, plugs and IC) with the Treadstone kit. Where you would spend the same $500 bucks in optional equippment with the Stage 0, and run the same gear.

Soooo.....Like I was saying, find it ironic how the "experts" were saying it was a poor design, and out right stupid to run...
it doesnt matter if the kit was $20,000 or $3,000 both cars run without management...one is just setup to run better than the other without management...so yea, Id rather run a car with injectors, plugs and an IC over one without...wouldnt you??
Old 01-24-2007, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ambition760
rythmnsmoke
on the first page is the first video..........but here i have copied it for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F-YV75iXQo

OH YEA....ok, I remember that vid. Yeah, definitely time for some new ones.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Also

Treadstone $3199.95

Stage 0 $2670.00

it doesnt matter if the kit was $20,000 or $3,000 both cars run without management...one is just setup to run better than the other without management...so yea, Id rather run a car with injectors, plugs and an IC over one without...wouldnt you??

Point was, people were blatanly overlooking the fact that you could have gotten the same stuff as OPTIONAL equippment. Therefore, the complaint was invalid. Got it now? I was comparing the prices in reference to the Treadstone is already equipped with the otherwise OPTIONAL gear with the additional price added into it. People griped because the Stage 0 was just stripped down and IT'S price ALSO reflected that. Therefore, buying this Kit, or Buying the Stage 0 w/OPTIONAL gear..... EQUALS the same thing.... This kit is NO different, if you took away those extra components and brought the price down, it's the same thing.

Again, double standard, as when the Stage 0 came out, the acceptance of it was rather UNaccepted, and considered poor design. But when you said you can ADD the extra gear if you wanted, STILL got the cold shoulder.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

forget price, forget optional equipment
lets just say you had no idea who treadstone or zpi was...when you put it down on paper on what the kit comes with what looks better and safer to run to you? Kit #1 is a turbo, manifold and a few pipes....kit #2 is a full kit minus management.
Now lets go back to my original statement of which would you run if you compared the 2 without having any previous knowledge on either companies...
**neither is not an acceptable answer for this type of question**
Old 01-25-2007, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ok I will try for more videos Maybe another quick one to hold you over untill spring time.

Also I was going to add to this post few days ago...I installed a EMAN blue,
Car is running great with it. Perfect AFRs. 10.0-11.5 wot @7psi

Without it I was a little worried about the afrs running lean. If I punched 3rd from a roll it would run very lean.
I'm sure I could kept running it like that but I don't want to blow my engine just yet.
I'm pretty sure if the kit was running 5psi the afrs would be fine. Seems to me at 7psi it is running out of fuel. Border line safe.

Anyway eman is in, I'm using the injector harness, I still have the ignition harness to install.
I uploaded the greddy 8psi map. Works great. Plenty of fuel now. More room to up the boost if i wanted to.
This spring I'm going to the dyno to get a full tune and up the boost. Going to try to get meth injection by then.

For now I love it. A lot of power at 7psi.

Everything else is fine with the kit. No new problems.
I'm very happy with my purchase.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

why do u guys car so much what kit people like? are u guys making money of it or something? some people want one thing other people want another...
Old 01-25-2007, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by prettystandard05
why do u guys car so much what kit people like? are u guys making money of it or something? some people want one thing other people want another...
Good question.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

this isnt a matter of what kit people like better...its a matter of what kit is safer thats all...I could care less who favors what kit, I dont even own a Scion anymore.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this isnt a matter of what kit people like better...its a matter of what kit is safer thats all...I could care less who favors what kit, I dont even own a Scion anymore.
Good answer. LOL Who doesn't want a safe kit ? I sure want a safe kit,
Old 01-25-2007, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

lets just say you had no idea who treadstone or zpi was...when you put it down on paper on what the kit comes with what looks better and safer to run to you? Kit #1 is a turbo, manifold and a few pipes....kit #2 is a full kit minus management.
Now lets go back to my original statement of which would you run if you compared the 2 without having any previous knowledge on either companies...

You know exactly what I'm saying, you can't forget price NOR optional equippment. You know the message I'm conveying, so stop being hard headed...
Old 01-25-2007, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

You know exactly what I'm saying, you can't forget price NOR optional equippment. You know the message I'm conveying, so stop being hard headed...
you cant answer the question
Old 01-25-2007, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

you cant answer the question

No, you are just upset that you were one of the people who was saying how poorly engineered the Stage 0 was, and now your eating those words, as there are tons of Stage 0's rolling around.....guess what, NO engine problems....

PS....to answer your question, I always go for the best anyone has. Therefore I have a Stage 1 and not a 0, I'm spoiled like that... But if money was a constraint......

I still would be sporting the Stage 0, cause I live only 3hrs away from ZPI, kit is proven, and they put up the #'s on it. That's just my situation though.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by cessblood
Good answer. LOL Who doesn't want a safe kit ? I sure want a safe kit,

Point was, both Kits are Safe to run, it just so happen that both kits ran without management, and one was rather bashed on for not having management.

But what difference does it make anyway now, I'm pretty much just saying...."Told You So", as there are tons of Stage 0's rolling around with none of the engine problems that have plagued some of the other F/I applications around SL.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

nope, I still think its pathetic to sell a turbo kit without engine management no matter who it was, but to each is own
enjoy your day fellas
Old 01-25-2007, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^You can always buy it as an OPTION...
Old 01-25-2007, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member