Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Treadstone turbo NEW PICS & VIDEOS!!! 2/11 pg 20&21

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ You can buy a crashbar from a junkyard for cheap. Especially salvage yards in the Northeast.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yeah I hope it all works out for you.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm beginning to think twice now.....eeeekkkkk this is not what I wanted to hear dammit. I like how I was told that the stock bumper did not need to be cut to get it back on the car.....
Old 11-19-2006, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Ambition760
I'm beginning to think twice now.....eeeekkkkk this is not what I wanted to hear dammit. I like how I was told that the stock bumper did not need to be cut to get it back on the car.....
Yea I reread the treasdstone post and no where on there did it say the bumper had to my cut to make the intercooler fit.

It only said the crash bar had to be cut to make room for the intercooler.

I don't care that I had to cut the crash bar. I knew I was going to cut it. I saw pics of it installed but never any pics with the bumper on the car.

I'm not trying to make it sound like a bad kit because it isn't. I think they need to update there sites and say it isn't a 100% bolt on kit may need minor fabrication and bumper needs to be cut to fit Intercooler pipes.

Going back to the shop in a few to finish it up. More pics and info tonight
Old 11-19-2006, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The intercooler in the kit is HUGE. Maybe a shorter e-bay FMIC could be substituted so less cutting would needed to be done.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I want to see what that IC looks like with that front bumper back on cause thats a huge FMIC.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I asked Jason specifically before I bought the kit. Does the actual OEM front bumper need to be cut to fit the IC piping? I got a response of NO it fits behind the bumper no cutting needed. Kinda makes me mad, but whatever/ I'm anxious to see the final product tonight!!!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 05:57 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

watching
Old 11-19-2006, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

done!! It lives.

Drives great. Few tiny things to fix.

Pics and more info little bit
Old 11-19-2006, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

^^can't wait...lookin forward to this. Glad to hear that it's workin out even after the troubles
Old 11-20-2006, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cant wait to see pics!!
Old 11-20-2006, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

OK here we go

Start at 9am. First thing we did was the injectors. Released all the pressure. Removed the rail. Injectors fit right in.
Put the rail back in and I saw I cant clip the new clips on the injectors. Very tight between the injectors and intake mani. No problem. Twisted the injectors in and easy fix.
Wired them up. Cut and splice.
Plugged them in. Started the car. Starts but now there is a problem. Idles like garbage. Wont stay at idle. Revs high then low. Then stalls.
I checked all the wires and clips. Check for any unplugged sensors. Nothing all good.
Found the Big vacuum line behind the valve cover not on the valve cover. Plugged it in, started it and perfect idle.
Runs like stock just very rich.

So now the turbo install is done.

Now the finishing work.

The big project and the one that made me the most nervous.
Cutting the bumper to fit the Intercooler pipes.
Lind up the bumper to get an idea on how much to cut. Looks like a lot. No real good way of marking it so we cut.
Little bit at a time.
After about an hour. We get both sides cut. A lot got cut off those fake side vents. You pretty much have to cut them off.
I left a little on the top to mount a grill or something.

Next was to make a gauge panel to fit where the radio is. Removed the radio and made up the panel to hold the Boost and UEGO. Later on something else.
Radio will be moved to glove box. Aftermarket radio. I don't need to see it. I just plug in my ipod and I'm set. I'll wire up the radio another day.

After that run the boost gauge line and wire it up. Works great. UEGO didn't make it for the install day so that will be put in later.

I also had to fix my projectors headlights i made. Little to much moisture in them. Have to fix that because I got HIDS.
Worked on that next. Mounted the ballast to the frame since the bumper was off. Wired them up. Fixed up the head lights, Re installed them, HIDS work great. Looks real sick.
Mounted the bumper. Even with all we cut it was still very tight but its on and Looks Great with the shiny pipes sticking out.

We also wrapped the AC line with heat wrap. Very close to the downpipe.

Started her up and let her idle for 20min or so. No CEL. Idle is smooth. Little poppy since it is running rich but i can deal with that for now.

Road test time.
Short roadtest around the block. Everything is great. Rides real nice. Didn't beat on it since I have to break it in. So slow ride no boost. kept in under 1psi. The RS blows off just a little under vacuum. Turbo has a small spool to it. Sounds great.
Exhaust is quiet for not having any cats. Megan drift style.

Small rattle coming from the exhaust from the back. Might have to loosen the front up a bit. Easy fix. 2 oil leaks. The pan is still leaking from the return fitting. Very slow leak. fix it this week at work.
Another is the oil feed on top of the turbo. the fitting was already on there. Forgot to check it to see if it was tight. Easy fix.
There is also another rattle from the engine bay. I think it is either the air filter hitting the body or the lower hot side pipe hitting the cross member. Got to figure it out and fix it.

Other then that. I'm very happy. Few setbacks but we got it in and works great. Made a lot of brackets and metal work but it was worth it.
Turbo looks really nice under there. Pipes in the bumper looks great and the IC is sick. Perfect size.

I will report back with any problems.

Also when I do a full boost run I will post up. Videos also.

any questions please email me or PM me.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

intercooler mount bolt

not pretty but it works

oil feed that has to be tapped. wont fit otherwise. Just a few threads on it now

Old 11-20-2006, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

More pics tomorrow after i wash it. so dirty. Pics of the HIDS with projector retro tomorrow also.

Old 11-20-2006, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm... the i/c doesnt look too big hiding under that bumper, any plans to cut it?

i love how the nissan/honda boys show the entire i/c,

also, are turbos legal in your state? i would never be able to run my i.c like that here in cali

looking good
Old 11-20-2006, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have no idea if it is legal. Im sure it isnt since I removed the cats. Cops around here dont care about that stuff. All they pull me over is for tints and no front plate.

Yea the IC is hiding behind the bumper. One day I will get a body kit. Something with a big open front. No im not cutting any more of my bumper. haha

Thanks alot of work but worth it
Old 11-20-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by nd4spd_4_a_tc
Also in between all of this I went out and bought a new car. 2006 Pearl White mazdaspeed 6. Then went back to work.
Such a nice car. replaced my other TC.
nice car, i'd throw a frontmount on, or get a hood scoop. from what i read they problems with overheating because they have a top mount intercooler, and no good way to get air to it
Old 11-20-2006, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man o man.......first off just want to say congrats on that install. All the fabrication came out pretty well. I'm glad that I have opted out of installing this kit myself. Like you said before this is not your first turboed car so it is good that you knew what the hell you were doing. I will be paying for my installation because I do not have the experience that you do and would not know what to do on some parts. However, on another note that installation is bad ___. the kit looks good installed on the tC. Just hope once you start driving it hard that more problems do not occur. I'll keep watching for videos.......I want mine in now!!!! I can't stand looking at all the boxes piled up in my room knowing what lies within.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Loving it, get a dyno soon.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

How did you remedy the turbo touching the fan shroud situation? Get aftermarket fans? We have an aftermarket fan on ours.

Quick Reply: Treadstone turbo NEW PICS & VIDEOS!!! 2/11 pg 20&21