Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Treadstone turbo NEW PICS & VIDEOS!!! 2/11 pg 20&21

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow no management and having to cut the crash bar is a no no.....damn couldnt they find a smaller intercooler? because its not getting anymore airflow since the bumper is covering half of it...=/
Old 11-20-2006, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

just reading all this stuff is intimidating because I'm new to the whole turbo thing and I just want the best for my car because this is my daily driver. I wasn't planning on running a wideband o2 sensor but i was going to be monitoring my kit with (boost, EGT, and oil pressure) gauges. I'm just going to hold off on installing my kit because I want to see the complete outcome of all this. Still angry about having to cut the bumper and now that fabrication on the fan blades is needed irritates me. Only option for me now is just to wait and observe your thoughts and recommendations on what you think I should do.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by nd4spd_4_a_tc
I had to make new holes in the fan shroud brackets and cut off these clips on it. Pulled the fan back 1/4" or so. Still very close and it will still hit when the engine jerks.

I will figure out something else.

I dont have my wideband in yet. Im going to weld on the bung tomorrow night if it comes in tonight.

It does run very rich at idle. When you come to a stop after cruising the car bogs for a sec then corrects itself.

Im going to get FM soon. I want to see what i can go without it first. Not talking crazy boost. 7psi max

I will kepp this updated with any new info I have
thanks!!
ryan, I have 2 extra o2 bungs sitting at my house doing nothing if you want them this way you can just put the wideband in. Im off tommorow anyway so I wont be doing anything crazy.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thanks vito..
I was hoping the wideband kit would of been here today but its not. I have a extra bung somewhere. I'll just weld in that one.
Should all be the same thread.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

gotcha...didnt realize you didnt have the gauge yet. Well, if you need em for an egt or anything just let me know...I have no use for them with the Acura
Old 11-21-2006, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by tcholic
wow no management and having to cut the crash bar is a no no.....damn couldnt they find a smaller intercooler? because its not getting anymore airflow since the bumper is covering half of it...=/
I dont care about cutting the crash bar. In my srt4 is didnt even have a crash bar. Took it out to fit the FMIC

Fuel managment isnt needed at the moment. Im running low boost. Im going to watch the afrs closely. I hope they will be in the 11 range under wot with 7psi.
I will update back when i get the afrs.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

huntington ay... the LIRR transferrs there when i go from teh City to Stony brook how far away from stony brook are you? i would love to see the car in person. plus its always fun to meet new people (right vito )
Old 11-21-2006, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you still have the factory s-pipe you could always install the wide-band where the 2nd 02 sensor currently resides. At least short term until you can get a new bung welded.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by davedavetC
huntington ay... the LIRR transferrs there when i go from teh City to Stony brook how far away from stony brook are you? i would love to see the car in person. plus its always fun to meet new people (right vito )
def cool to have you here and meet you on Saturday dave. it worked out pretty nice that a few people from the club were here working on the xA so you could actually hang out for a lil and not watch us sit at our desks lol.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I found the extra bung. Tomorrow night I will weld it in and try to install it if i have time. If not then I will install it wednesday night.

Davedavetc: Yea I always pass the Huntington Train sta. I live about 5min from there. Come to DPA this friday. I'll be there
Old 11-21-2006, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i wont be there this week, ill be in MA for thanksgiving, but im always up on LI, one of these days ill bring my car, and if the gf cares, ill go by. or maybe if its not too far outta ur way if we could meet up at Smithtown Scion. i know how to get there
Old 11-21-2006, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
def cool to have you here and meet you on Saturday dave. it worked out pretty nice that a few people from the club were here working on the xA so you could actually hang out for a lil and not watch us sit at our desks lol.
haha yea, too bad i couldnt say my gf had a good time, she hates anything to do with cars
Old 11-21-2006, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i wont be there this week, ill be in MA for thanksgiving, but im always up on LI, one of these days ill bring my car, and if the gf cares, ill go by. or maybe if its not too far outta ur way if we could meet up at Smithtown Scion. i know how to get there
sure thats not to far from me.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ambition760
just reading all this stuff is intimidating because I'm new to the whole turbo thing and I just want the best for my car because this is my daily driver. I wasn't planning on running a wideband o2 sensor but i was going to be monitoring my kit with (boost, EGT, and oil pressure) gauges. I'm just going to hold off on installing my kit because I want to see the complete outcome of all this. Still angry about having to cut the bumper and now that fabrication on the fan blades is needed irritates me. Only option for me now is just to wait and observe your thoughts and recommendations on what you think I should do.

please, please. please, NEVER run FI without a WB. that is a vital tuning tool.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yea running FI without a wideband is bad news. Loose the Oil pressure gauge and put a wideband in there.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by nd4spd_4_a_tc
sure thats not to far from me.

nice, ill let you know next time im up here.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ambition760
You do know that there are a lot more turbo kits out there such as Turbonetics, Dezod, ZPI, World Motorsports, TBK Performance...a few more just can't think right now. Most are pretty basic installs with no fabrication needed. Maybe you should go for one of these
Old 11-21-2006, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will do whatever you guys recommend me to do. I have read many forums about how important it is to run a wideband O2 sensor when running FI, but I specifically asked Jason who was selling these Treadstone kits and his response was pretty much against running these sensors. He told me that it is not worth it to run such a thing. I do not know if he was just trying to sell me on the kit more, when I already had the kit at my house. So I figured I would take his word for it, but from the looks of it I'm wrong and he is wrong coming from people who have FI experience. This is coming from a guy who also told me that you did not need to cut the OEM bumper (not crashbar) apparently he is wrong again. So now I will be looking into getting this kind of gauge since it is really a crutial part in monitoring this kind of a unit. KEEP ME UPDATED ON THE KIT, I'll be watchin for the latest.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You do know that there are a lot more turbo kits out there such as Turbonetics, Dezod, ZPI, World Motorsports, TBK Performance...a few more just can't think right now. Most are pretty basic installs with no fabrication needed. Maybe you should go for one of these
I know I have researched all of these kits. I have already purchased the Treadstone kit. If it was as easy as just returning it and getting all my money refunded I would do just that, but I only have one way out right now and that is to stick it out and hope for the best with this kit, unless someone was willing to buy it from me. I do have a feeling that this kit has extremely high potential to match up to those other kits and thats why I went with this kit, let alone the price at the moment was awesome.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are u kidding me? dont run a wideband? send ur kit back. this guy is fired.

Quick Reply: Treadstone turbo NEW PICS & VIDEOS!!! 2/11 pg 20&21