Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Treadstone turbo NEW PICS & VIDEOS!!! 2/11 pg 20&21

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 01:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GEO
Looks really good! The GT Touring bumper would look sick with that IC. To bad your not closer or I would sell you mine which is just laying around.
actually thats the bumper I got. and im going to drive 2 hours to pick up my car right now. I got the IC piping done this pass weekend. cant wait.

hows the car feeling? threadstone seems like a pretty good kit
Old 11-21-2006, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Ambition760
I will do whatever you guys recommend me to do. I have read many forums about how important it is to run a wideband O2 sensor when running FI, but I specifically asked Jason who was selling these Treadstone kits and his response was pretty much against running these sensors. He told me that it is not worth it to run such a thing. I do not know if he was just trying to sell me on the kit more, when I already had the kit at my house. So I figured I would take his word for it, but from the looks of it I'm wrong and he is wrong coming from people who have FI experience. This is coming from a guy who also told me that you did not need to cut the OEM bumper (not crashbar) apparently he is wrong again. So now I will be looking into getting this kind of gauge since it is really a crutial part in monitoring this kind of a unit. KEEP ME UPDATED ON THE KIT, I'll be watchin for the latest.
You're trusting a sales/marketing guy? Not the actual engineer/manufacturer? Did they even test the kit out on a tC?
Old 11-21-2006, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krdshrk
Originally Posted by Ambition760
I will do whatever you guys recommend me to do. I have read many forums about how important it is to run a wideband O2 sensor when running FI, but I specifically asked Jason who was selling these Treadstone kits and his response was pretty much against running these sensors. He told me that it is not worth it to run such a thing. I do not know if he was just trying to sell me on the kit more, when I already had the kit at my house. So I figured I would take his word for it, but from the looks of it I'm wrong and he is wrong coming from people who have FI experience. This is coming from a guy who also told me that you did not need to cut the OEM bumper (not crashbar) apparently he is wrong again. So now I will be looking into getting this kind of gauge since it is really a crutial part in monitoring this kind of a unit. KEEP ME UPDATED ON THE KIT, I'll be watchin for the latest.
You're trusting a sales/marketing guy? Not the actual engineer/manufacturer? Did they even test the kit out on a tC?
or test fit at that?

Old 11-21-2006, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know all the pics of the intercooler install where on a tC with no bumper.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know that. I saw all the pictures. It's not that big of a deal that I have to cut my bumper to fit the IC piping. I just want to hide the kit as much as possible because this isn't the most legal thing where I live and with shiny piping sticking out of the bumper is going to make it that more obvious.LOL

LilTrublsm when do you plan on installing your kit?
Old 11-21-2006, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where is treadstone to chime in they thoughts on this?
Old 11-21-2006, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Counting the $$$ made selling OBX intercoolers and undersized turbos to Scion owners. Good luck lets hope Treadstone wont burn the Scion community.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea good question.....they were soooo involved on the thread that they started, but when it comes time to helping customers with questions on this forum they are responseless. Great customer service huh? If they wanted the good word to spread about their kit they would be involved on these forums. I dont get it either.....
Old 11-21-2006, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

need some ice for them burns>
Old 11-21-2006, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you know sharks can smell blood in the water from over 1/4 mile away?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does anybody know of a wideband guage that lights up blue in the night?
Old 11-21-2006, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

small update.

Wideband is in. I still havnt boosted yet. So no wot afrs yet
Idle AFRs are 17.5-17.9. Crusing AFRS are 14.8-15.0 perfect. When you come to a stop it does drop down to 10 then goes right back to 14/15, Thats the small stumble.

So Far the AFRs are pefect. I will update back when I start boosting
Old 11-22-2006, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Shouldnt your AFR's at Idle be around the high 14's say 14.7 to low 15's (15.3) ???
Old 11-22-2006, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

When the car is warming up it sits at 15.8. About.

its a little lean for idle but it is only idle so im not worring about it. As soon as you start moving it jumps to 14.s, 15,s.

anyone have stock idle afrs? no FI
Old 11-22-2006, 12:31 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

This is the first time i have looked at this thread, any questions i will try to answer and help out.
Ive been turbocharging cars for 10 years now, and that is all i do. The scion kit comes allready tuned and if you run our suggested amount of boost, you do not need to moniter AFR because we have allready done this for you and kept it at a safe level when designing this kit. If you plann on running more boost and tuning your self, of course you will need a wide band AFR as well as a pyrometer. For the intercooler installation the bumper beam needs to be cut, we do offer a smaller intercooler that fits with no trimming of the bumper beam, but it does not come with the same mounting points and hardware as the one that comes in the kit.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

just out of curiosity, do you have anything to say about the lack of mounting hardware for all the charge pipes, etc??

not bashing, just wondering if it was an oversight or what?

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:32 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

I myself did not fabricate the initial pipes, but from my understanding my partner did not see that they were needed. From installations i have seen on past cars, the only pipe that would need a bracket would be the intake pipe to keep the air filter from vibrating around. All other pipes are kept very tight with the mounting points, silicone and T-bolts provided. The intake pipe bracket i will definately look into fabricating on future kits, because this is something i have allready noticed that should be included.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How many more kits have you sold Jason?
Old 11-22-2006, 02:07 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

we have sold 6 total, one just shipped today.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Jason what about cutting the bumper to make the intercooler pipes fit. Not talking about the crash bar.

That wasn't said in any post. It doesn't bother me that I had to cut the bumper but at first It did because I thought this was a bolt on kit. Turns out It looks pretty cool but now if I want to sell this car I have to buy a new bumper.

Also what about the turbo sitting in the fan? There was no mention you need to move the radiator closer to the front. You have to modify the stock brackets.

If you didn't read the posts I made please do. There were a lot of problems. fitment problems are the big issue.

Be good to fix them for the people who will buy them in the future

O yea the only bracket we had to make was for the air filter pipe. That just sits on the body if you dont.

Also the lower hot side pipe sits about 1/8" from the cross member. Im going to have to cut that pipe about an 1" to move it up and away from the cross member.
Another thing is try to include a different oil return line. The red AN fitting on the line that connects to the turbo is sitting on the coupler. It is rubbing on it. Also makes it very hard to get the clamp on there.

Quick Reply: Treadstone turbo NEW PICS & VIDEOS!!! 2/11 pg 20&21