Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

TT or dezod

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

^^rythm will own you dude.. quit while he only made you look dumb.. he didnt destroy you yet.....
Old 10-04-2008, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol i said 2-3 .. thats pretty sad.. a MANUAL s/c.. thats what like 180 whp..? vs my auto with ____ mods which is what 140 whp? lmao... sad..
Old 10-04-2008, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lmao i wouldnt argue with travis.

btw.. a turbonetics kit TUNED at 8.5 psi will make more than 270 whp easily.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JrTcs
Originally Posted by SoFloTC
ima laughing my butt off at whoever said those S/C comments.. bro.. i had intake exhaust and pulley and IM AUTO! and a stock s/c manual beat me by 2-3 cars and hes a good driver. thats pathetic. the s.c would honeslty need that tiny butt 14 psi pulley to even come near a tuned 8 psi turbo (that is a good setup). which is usually 270-290 whp.
lmfao what is turbonetics making at 8.5psi how the f*ck is 9.5 gonna make 300 whp rthymn so 1.5psi is 60 whp lmfao ? where are you getting that? Turbos gain boost s/c constant! btw go ask dezod who builds kits for a living they will tell you if s/c where cheap to build as turbos, turbos wouldnt exist. AnD where are getting that maximum hp is at 3000rpm for a turbo what dyno have you been looking at? BTW didnt the untuned 05 s/c'd tc from scikotics nashville vs the zpi stage 0 and won the first race?
Are you assuming that the same pressure in two different turbos will make the same power? Where are you getting at?

A supercharger might be constantly building boost, which, they're not necessarily, but the boost is driven up by the crank so obviously boost is directly proportional to crank speed. Only when the boost pulley is going max speed is there max boost and the boost pulley is only going max speed when the crank is going max speed (aka redline.) By then, on a properly sized turbocharger the waste gate will have been sitting open for like, 2 to 3000 RPM. You know, already at maximum desired boost so you let the WG open so you don't build more boost than you want.

To review, a good sized turbocharger will be fully spooling by 3k RPM while the supercharger will be waiting another 3.5~k RPM to hit peak boost. So even if a SC has higher peak boost, a TC will on average be putting more power to the ground.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and therefore pulling the ____ outta a s/c.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Banned
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

s/c = ____ bro look on here with so many problems with the s/c why would i waist 3-4 g's on a s/c? turbo is sexy as fuc k put aside the power from turbo or the s/c BOV on a turbo makes all the lady's cream not mentioning the fat intercooler on the front can't wait till january till i order my kit
Old 10-04-2008, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

intercooler ftmfw. lmao. whos wants a superdryer in there car. lol the slang down here dry = ___/lame/stupid/out of style/slow lmao...

so therefor the supercharger is really dry yo..
Old 10-04-2008, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Get the Dezod kit...

it fits better
Old 10-04-2008, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lmfao what is turbonetics making at 8.5psi how the f*ck is 9.5 gonna make 300 whp rthymn so 1.5psi is 60 whp lmfao ? where are you getting that?
T'netic's "low" hp results are due to a very conservative tune - much more than Dezod's tune when they supplied it with the eManage. AFR is extremely rich and lots of timing is pulled.

There's a member here who's brother has the T'netics kit but replaced the Unichip with a Hydra - and makes 310whp at 10psi.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The supercharger has its place. When you're doing a lot of shifting you lose boost. Not too big a deal but when you're battling for the last tenth or hundredth of a second that little bit more consistency with a supercharger can win it for you.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:12 AM
Banned
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

what kit was it that had the intercooler pipeing almost scrapeing the ground? im on s techs so yea...
Old 10-04-2008, 04:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude just dont get anything as yet...

Wait for the Ptuning kit... It'll decimate everything on the market!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 04:15 AM
Banned
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

end of january is when ill be placeing my order
Old 10-04-2008, 04:21 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii
The supercharger has its place. When you're doing a lot of shifting you lose boost. Not too big a deal but when you're battling for the last tenth or hundredth of a second that little bit more consistency with a supercharger can win it for you.
Finally someone here without the biased review of owning a turbo, all the people that are calling the s/c garbage have turbos therefore what they say is irrelevant, no one is gonna tell you hey my turbo is not as good as your s/c, BTW as said numerous times the issues are at the 05 PTR 01 builds the PTR 41 builds are fine and i havent seen any probs posted on here for that build. I feel that both means of forced induction have there ups and downs you just have to evaluate them both and find a safe and reliable means of reaching the HP your trying to make, BTW im not bashing turbos but have you noticed a S/C hasnt blown an engine on here but turbos lol, we could make a category in the forums for people who blew there motors.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:25 AM
Banned
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

ok when i go boost i live in ft myer's there is a track down here you can brin ur s/c and ill line my tc vs ur's andwe can settle it on the track?
Old 10-04-2008, 04:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
How about S/c with 9.5 psi or 12 or 14psi instead of teh turbo? i ahve one for an 07 selling brand new for 2750 shipped to anywhere in the US

It probably would take a 14 PSI S/C'ed tC to keep up with a 9 PSI Turbo'ed tC.
come on man you know thats not true 9.5psi alone is getting 245 whp when tuned look at ice9 311whp on 12psi 9.5 psi on a turbo non-constant, split second peek in dyno would be about 250 whp, face it the only reason turbos are so popular because there cheap to make unlike s/c but in no way is a turbo better, might be easier to tune up but 280whp s/c will destroy 280whp turboed anyday. Not to mention maintenance on turbos 0 for s/c.

You sir are incorrect on so many levels. Lets start off first by addressing how much power you THINK a 9.5 PSI turbo tC makes. First off on 9.5 PSI a turbo tC would be putting down in the ball park figure of 270-300whp depending on the turbo. But no where NEAR as low as 245whp. When I first turbed my car I dynoed on 7 PSI and put down 250whp/260wtq, and that was on a 16G which is the Smallest turbo found on the tC.

On the second topic about Ice9's 311whp on 12 PSI. Do you know how the S/C'er even works. His 311whp is 311whp at Redline ONLY. A turbo that has 250whp maybe 260whp would run with that 311whp. Why, because turbos (again, depending on the turbine), are not Linear producing applications. If that was 311 Turbo whp, it would not be 311whp at redline. It would be 311whp at like 3,000 - 4,000 RPM. It would hit 311whp before the S/Cer did, and take off on it. That is why it would take a 14 PSI S/C'ed tC to keep up with a 9 or 9.5 PSI tC.

Thirdly is the question of Torque. S/C'er vs Turbo making the same whp the Turbo tC is making Double the amount of Torque, hence another reason why it trounces on a S/Cer.

You need to educate yourself on how the TRD S/Cer works. Cause I've been there and done that.

You want more proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNKaOD86wOE

FYI....the S/C'ed tC in this video later raced my boy's Stage 0 tC that was on 6 PSI. He had 3 people in the car, and Rich with the S/C'ed tC had his girl only. And he lost still.

Consider yourself educated.
ait let me step in on this 311whp S/C tC... bring it down to Ptuning and we'll see exactly how much it makes to the wheels!
im not bashing on his car... I love it but by Ptuning's dyno hes not passing 220WHP max!

Ptuning has had an insanely modded S/C'ed tC come down and tune/ dyno it and it put down 215whp... mind you my turbo tC put down 137whp N/A... and now I'm up to 258whp/ 273wtq! a stock STI (supposed to be 300hp/300tq) put down 221Whp... so what does that put my tC at... 350+ HP by regular dyno???

and if by any chance u do get to that Hp level on the S/C... its not gonna last you a week before the S/C needs rebuilding.

I've discussed the 250+hp S/C topic countless times with Mike (owner, Ptuning- aka MrC on SL) and Its physically impossible for that S/C to make that much HP safely
Old 10-04-2008, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea all the super fast 1000 hp indy cars of the late 70's and 80's were running super chargers cause they're the most efficient means of forced induction. (note the sarcasm) turbos blow superchargers out of the water
Old 10-04-2008, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Finally someone here without the biased review of owning a turbo, all the people that are calling the s/c garbage have turbos therefore what they say is irrelevant, no one is gonna tell you hey my turbo is not as good as your s/c, BTW as said numerous times the issues are at the 05 PTR 01 builds the PTR 41 builds are fine and i havent seen any probs posted on here for that build. I feel that both means of forced induction have there ups and downs you just have to evaluate them both and find a safe and reliable means of reaching the HP your trying to make, BTW im not bashing turbos but have you noticed a S/C hasnt blown an engine on here but turbos lol, we could make a category in the forums for people who blew there motors.
Turbo's blow motors because the owner is usually power hungry and their tuning company just want to make their money! and b/c the owner drives the car like a Buthead!

SuperChargers break just because they are not 100% reliable for high HP applications.

Turbo's are completely safe and reliable... all it comes down to is how the driver drives it and how the tuning is performed
Old 10-04-2008, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
PTuning doesn't mess around. Why do you think I do nothing but suggest the PTuning exhaust to everyone, lol. They use nothing but the best and beat the living crap out of it on the track. Travis and I can vouch for how much they beat the living crap out of their products before they finally start producing them.
^^Amen to that.
X3!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 04:41 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionkidd
Turbo's blow motors because the owner is usually power hungry and their tuning company just want to make their money! and b/c the owner drives the car like a Buthead!

SuperChargers break just because they are not 100% reliable for high HP applications.

Turbo's are completely safe and reliable... all it comes down to is how the driver drives it and how the tuning is performed
I agree with you on the fact its meant for high hp but what im saying is for people looking a reliable means of reaching up to 280 whp on a normal dyno s/c is an excellent option.

Quick Reply: TT or dezod