Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Tuned S/C sometimes faster?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

By the way forpinks, you should go back to that dealership and ask the S/C'er guy for time slips, since he can walk away from turbo's with ease. Curious to know what he runs.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yeah i been leaning towards the s/c'er but still would like that turbo under the hood hmmmmmm
Old 06-18-2007, 02:35 PM
SL Member

a superchager in my opinion will never be able to compete with or make the same power as a turbo. simple as this. a supercharger steals power from your engine to spool. it has to be spun by your srpentine belt. think of it this way. what happens when you remove your alternator, ac pump, and water pump from a drag car?? you gain power right? thats cause the crankshaft can spin alot easier when it doesnt have to spin the serpentine belt. (this is why people get lightweight pulleys) now what do you think would happen if you started giving the serpentine system more pulleys to turn? its not gonna make as much power. with turbos, they are spooled off spent exaust gas. the engine barely looses power to make power with a turbo.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
if trd made it a turbo...i don't know, turbonetics, or garett probably.
I will say turbonetics or Descendent Turbo Kit if they ever come. World Racing said they making Descendent Turbo Kit for the new xB, the martix , the corolla and the scion tC.

Here is a link to a video of supercharger vs a turbocharger on the 1/8. The supercharged tC is white and the turbocharged is the black tC.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoID=892386899
Old 06-18-2007, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

back to the topic of this discussion "it all goes down how deep is your pocket" enough said. i dont hate either or i had a turbo car b4 and i just want to see what i could push out on a sc for the tc.. the money i have spent for my mods on the sc if was turbo i would make about 270-290whp.. with about same boost and the turbo guys could back me up with that...
Old 06-18-2007, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cessblood
I will say turbonetics or Descendent Turbo Kit if they ever come. World Racing said they making Descendent Turbo Kit for the new xB, the martix , the corolla and the scion tC.

Here is a link to a video of supercharger vs a turbocharger on the 1/8. The supercharged tC is white and the turbocharged is the black tC.

Umm, yeah, that video is pretty much useless. Was that a camera phone ?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by 06SuperWhite_SoCal_tC
Originally Posted by tC9o9
Originally Posted by garyc_01
1st time on track and my 60 was like 2.6, my react. was like .500s
BS, thats a perfect time.
Theres two different types of Tree's one works on .500 the other on .001 so that was prob what he was reffering to. but 10 anything in the 1/8th with the s/c is pretty bad, before I was s/c, with only hks exhaust and a Injen CAI I was running 9.9s at Irwindale.

Yeah, 10 anything with S/C'er is rather poor performance, but what do you expect. My boy Nick with bolt-on's runs 10.1 in the 1/8th, and I don't even consider him a good driver.

And last time I checked, Icenine did do an 1/8th mile pass resulting in a mid/low 9 area. He said the track was crappy and that he wasn't a good driver.
Dunno, but Garage netted a 9.22, which was the only other time ive seen in the same area as mine. Im sure as hell if Carl was on a well prepped track he would see close to mid 8's atleast.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Im sure as hell if Carl was on a well prepped track he would see close to mid 8's atleast.

I would beg to differ.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:59 PM
SL Member

Im sure as hell if Carl was on a well prepped track he would see close to mid 8's atleast.

I would beg to differ.
mid 8 1/8 mile is a high 12 sec 1/4
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?i...runsallrf8.jpg
Old 06-19-2007, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i believe that the problem with most SC TC owners-noticed i said most not all- is that they are so wrapped up on adding more power that they dont notice that they are only hurting themselves. For example, someone buys a tc then overnight that person adds a supercharger, i/h/e, sc pulleys, cams, tune,etc. next thing they know they are putting out 250-260whp and all of the sudden they want to go to the track to test it out and guess what, they pull a 14.8 1/4mile. So now they are all upset and want to sell the SC and buy a turbo or buy another car. What i'm trying to say is that it takes more than 2 passes at the track to get the most ot of the car. Before you add all these power adders, study your car, try to pick up the weaknesses and add the right modifications before you go all out on the motor. This is not intended for anyone in specific, just skeaking my mind.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by guerro
Originally Posted by cessblood

Umm, yeah, that video is pretty much useless. Was that a camera phone ?
I dont know homie. I'm not the one who made the video.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1tc4u2nv
i believe that the problem with most SC TC owners-noticed i said most not all- is that they are so wrapped up on adding more power that they dont notice that they are only hurting themselves. For example, someone buys a tc then overnight that person adds a supercharger, i/h/e, sc pulleys, cams, tune,etc. next thing they know they are putting out 250-260whp and all of the sudden they want to go to the track to test it out and guess what, they pull a 14.8 1/4mile. So now they are all upset and want to sell the SC and buy a turbo or buy another car. What i'm trying to say is that it takes more than 2 passes at the track to get the most ot of the car. Before you add all these power adders, study your car, try to pick up the weaknesses and add the right modifications before you go all out on the motor. This is not intended for anyone in specific, just skeaking my mind.
Good point. People need to study and add the right mods. Some people will add anything.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

10 secs on 1/8 mile is pretty bad, esp. if your pushing 230+whp on the s/c. i'm auto s/c and my first time at the track i got 9.5s on the 1/8 with a 2.3 60'. the best 1/4 time i got my first time out was 14.8s =/.

Originally Posted by 1tc4u2nv
agree with you 100%. putting good numbers out on the dyno is one thing, but getting the most of it out on the track is a different issue. many other things come into play when trying to get good track times such as traction, launchng, weight reduction, and for the 5spd guys, hitting those shift points.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

guys my 1st time on track was just a supercharger and draxsas spipe back exhaust that i installed few weeks b4 10-16-06 scion vip, last time i went down i went on the 1/8th mile was the last scion vip at e-town but i was learnin how to launch right and that is and durin that time i was runnin sc, pulley, full exhaust and meth and intake didnt care about time was just learn the car down 1st, now this time im goin down with full bolt ons and tuned, i dont know what is the out come yet.. but will let you know on the 30th if i get there on time... also when the 1st time on track i raced a buddy of mine and i won everytime and he had full exhaust and 9.5psi, so even if u have all the power there is and u cant control it its worthless, so.. i think i should just take the 10.1 1/8th mile out cause every1 is gettin confused stock sc with just exhaust 1st time and now no clue havent went down the track to see wat i run..

and i do agree with 1tc4u

im just gonna do cams and then stop...
for power output after that is clutch, fly and lsd,
sus.. with brakes last
Old 06-19-2007, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett

I would beg to differ.
mid 8 1/8 mile is a high 12 sec 1/4
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?i...runsallrf8.jpg

Exactly, I just don't see a 311whp and less tQ Supercharged tC doing that. I would have to see that with my own eyes.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill race a s/c!

I wanna see some quick S/C ....have any hit 13's yet?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
ill race a s/c!

I wanna see some quick S/C ....have any hit 13's yet?

We have YET to see one run 13's. Icenine's car could do it. But the key word is "could". Still has to be done.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn
Old 06-19-2007, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How fast can a 3500 bucks make you if you install an SC yourself?

What add ons can make 250+ whp? Also will adding an EMS, larger fuel injectors or Emanage void the Toyota warranty?
Old 06-19-2007, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by forpinks
How fast can a 3500 bucks make you if you install an SC yourself?

What add ons can make 250+ whp? Also will adding an EMS, larger fuel injectors or Emanage void the Toyota warranty?

I'm going to have to lean heavily on the YES side for voiding your warranty. It's not fair, but the dealer is very good at screwing people over by blaming mods you do, so they can skip out of the warranty work.

How fast for 3500 is subjective to how you utilize that money, what mods you do, and from what company you do them.

Quick Reply: Tuned S/C sometimes faster?