Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Tuning issues with emanage

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IAmTheProdigy
Ah gotcha, I knew I was missin something. Thanks for the clarification. Now if only we could find a good deal on both the Emanage and harness, hmmmmm......

4. IAmTheProdigy - Emanage Blue and tc PNP harness + Greddy Pressure
your number 4 already, ur getting the extra harness with dezod built-in.

http://dezod.com/pd_scion.cfm

sorry for the thread jack
Old 08-20-2006, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha yeah, I thought I'd drop a subtle hint

Okay sorry back on topic...
Old 08-22-2006, 09:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Don't mean to thread jack but this brings up a related question for me and my greddy kit. I'm getting mine tuned by a shop, I have the Dezod PnP harness. So I would need the greddy pressure sensor for the shop to tune it correct or would they have that or what? I also assume because I have the Dezod PnP harness if I do need the greddy pressure sensor I wouldn't need the harness for it (the greddy pressure sensor harness) cuz it's built into the dezod PnP harness?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Don't mean to thread jack but this brings up a related question for me and my greddy kit. I'm getting mine tuned by a shop, I have the Dezod PnP harness. So I would need the greddy pressure sensor for the shop to tune it correct or would they have that or what? I also assume because I have the Dezod PnP harness if I do need the greddy pressure sensor I wouldn't need the harness for it (the greddy pressure sensor harness) cuz it's built into the dezod PnP harness?
You do not NEED the pressure sensor, but it does make for a more "precise" tune. It basically allows you to tune off boost instead of throttle position. The Dezod PNP harness comes with main, injector and ignition harnesses, so the pressure sensor harness would be an add-on.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
Try leaning the csr out pretty far in the middle range of Air flow map then compensate with the injector map. You have to lean out the MAF then over compensate with the injector map. This will allow the tranition to happen smoother. You can run these cars a little leaner at part throttle than a typical car due the the factory 5 volt 02 that pulls timing based on AFR not on knock. If this is your first time tuning a tC i would suggest getting a scan tool that can display timing in real time this will help with the off boost curve and keep the car safe.

As far as the AFR in the lower gears are you tuning this on the street? Is the car spinning tires? The AFR should stay consitent between gears. Also are you reading a TPS signal with the emanage?
so will I need the pressure sensor like they are all saying? Shouldn't I be able to use the voltage clamp and additional injection map and go by maf signal as the load to compensate like you were saying at part throttle? The car is spinning in 1st gear and a little in 2nd, but in those 2 gears you can tell the afr's are in the 13-14's at full throttle. Its weird.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine Turbo tC is the same way -leaning out in lower gears while I'm accelerating. I've read the emanage programer manual twice -now it's clicking. MAF table correction based on TPS and RPM. Injector table uses pressure sensor and RPM as the driver.

I already have a GM 2bar 0-5v pressure sensor on my car so at least I don't have to get the $100 greddy one.

Remove fuel with MAF correction table, add fuel with injector harness and 0-5V pressure signal...Got it!