Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Which Turbo Charger to chose??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 04:15 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Treadstone
http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/view.phtml?f_cat=Turbo+Kits%3A+Treadstone%3A+Scion+Turbo+Kit+and+Components
were selling the components separately now, need a downpipe?
yea, after i snet like 50 emails asking you to sell it seperately

i'm not bitter, just sharing my experiance. if i was bitter i wouldn't buy bolts and clamps from them

even though in hte end the bolts were too long/manifold holes weren't tapped long enough

and the clamp broke while i was screwing it in.

aside from little tiny things, i do like the treadstone kit.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so to aviod problems with the internal wastegate what do i do??
Old 11-17-2007, 04:17 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get a kit with external wastegate =P

or convert the internal wastegate to external.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

duh!!!! hahaha
Old 11-17-2007, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KINGxOFxSKA
not another one of THESE threads.....

can we get a lockdown before it gets worse?
I can tell by your little red bar that you have been around for a while BUT ( take this how you want to) i have never seen you help anyone or give advice. All i see you post is SEARCH!SEARCH! and OR some sarcastic remark like the one above.

this is a POST FORUM new people come and some people leave, the same stuff is eventually going to get repeated over and over again there is no avoiding it. being a jerk and posting the lil SEARCH button pic is not going to help. thats the nature of these forums deal with it.

and Malloynx i thought the same thing at first but lets face it, you will have a hard time finding a shop to fabricate you a down pipe for less that 350$
its kinda like pre cut fruit you pay 4$ for it peeled and sliced in a container or you pay 2$ for it whole from the produce section

and yes the ATP pipe is a fluke BUT if people keep preaching Dezod and TT instead
of simply pointing people in the direction of different products they may not be around for long.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So you are saying we should stop pointing people in the direction of places that offer reliable products and great customer service? This makes no sense. I have had one of the WORST F/I experiences with countless headaches and too much time in the shop fixing Turbonetics' mistakes. To see people on this site having a great time with their Dezod kits and making serious power with their Turbo Toyotas kits makes me not only envy them but support those companies much more to ensure my experience isn't replicated.

The reason Dezod and Turbo Toyotas are supported is because they are active in the lives of us Scion owners and they take care of us. Why be against this? This is beneficial to all us owners and we recommend them because they are the most trustworthy and reliable companies out there.

Greddy does have a nice kit also, it just seems like the owners don't post on here in support of the kit.

Please, prove us wrong. Go buy a Treadstone, Turbonetics, or ebay kit and tell us how awesome it is that you didn't listen to us.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:40 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when we want to help, we get _____ed at

when we don't. we get _____ed at.

let's just give vague answers
Old 11-18-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where can you look at some kits from Turbo toyota? or dezod?
Old 11-18-2007, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PlayinWithFire
So you are saying we should stop pointing people in the direction of places that offer reliable products and great customer service? This makes no sense. I have had one of the WORST F/I experiences with countless headaches and too much time in the shop fixing Turbonetics' mistakes. To see people on this site having a great time with their Dezod kits and making serious power with their Turbo Toyotas kits makes me not only envy them but support those companies much more to ensure my experience isn't replicated.

The reason Dezod and Turbo Toyotas are supported is because they are active in the lives of us Scion owners and they take care of us. Why be against this? This is beneficial to all us owners and we recommend them because they are the most trustworthy and reliable companies out there.

Greddy does have a nice kit also, it just seems like the owners don't post on here in support of the kit.
relax there buddy, no one is hating on Dezod or TT or saying you should stop recommending them.

All i'm saying is that there are other products out there besides those 2, some times you come across posts of people asking for "affordable" kits with decent power, and all you get is Dezod! TT! and most of the time the people recommending them don't even own a kit by said company.

neither of those kits qualify as "affordable" while on the other hand treadstones kit is just that "affordable" ALSO i have never heard anyone having MAJOR issues with this kit BEYOND not following their instruction.

as far as this...
"Please, prove us wrong. Go buy a Treadstone, Turbonetics, or ebay kit and tell us how awesome it is that you didn't listen to us."

if i already had not bought a ZPI kit i would definitely buy a treadstone kit and be fully confident to have minimum issues.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's ok man I wasn't worked up. I was just trying to tell you where I was coming from. You just gotta see that since these two companies go above and beyond with their customer service that they are bound to have a lot of support.

I have heard some issues from a shop in MA that installed the kit and they said it was crap. Mind you this is just hearsay and I have no information regarding the details, I just trust their judgement.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand what your saying.

the treadstone kit is a little "mickey mouse" but i wouldn't go as far as crap, shops can be very critical of things they deem as "crap" such as turbo size, i can see a shop hating on the treadstone kit because it has a small compressor,
and such things like that.

but quality is quality, treadstones manifold is second only to TT manifold, garret turbo greddy BOV T'netics wastegate
what could they be finding as "crap"? you see what i'm saying.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yep totally...
Old 11-19-2007, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

well my opinion on this, is that dezod and turbotoyotas built their reputation due to the quality and customer service.. Satisfied customers speaks up and so they get free advertisement from them.. Sure treadstone can do that to but Question is, where are the happy treadstone owners? why arent they speaking their experience like dezod and TT owners does.. if they do, then its gonna be go dezod, go TT and go treadstone!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
well my opinion on this, is that dezod and turbotoyotas built their reputation due to the quality and customer service.. Satisfied customers speaks up and so they get free advertisement from them.. Sure treadstone can do that to but Question is, where are the happy treadstone owners? why arent they speaking their experience like dezod and TT owners does.. if they do, then its gonna be go dezod, go TT and go treadstone!
Dezod has great everything, customer service, product, you name it, its there.

As of lately, I have heard some people complaining about TT about parts missing and taking forever to get. I don't know personally.

Treadstone makes a great kit, just a little cutting the front bumper and your good to go.

All depends on your budget and power goals.

I personally love my Dezod kit and talk to Paul almost every day. you can ask him.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Treadstone owner here who have used both treadstone and dezod. Yes, believe it or not, they DO work together! :gasp: I had zero issues with my kit. Any time I had questions, I called dezod Look, whether its Dezod, TT, Tread, Greddy or Turbonetics, they each have their own part of the market.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrodTc
Treadstone owner here who have used both treadstone and dezod. Yes, believe it or not, they DO work together! :gasp: I had zero issues with my kit. Any time I had questions, I called dezod Look, whether its Dezod, TT, Tread, Greddy or Turbonetics, they each have their own part of the market.
Indeed they do. Do some research and make your decision. Were here just for advice.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:01 PM
SL Member

I am a Treadstone kit owner, and I have to say I have never come across any of the large problems that others have but I have had my fair share of problems. To be honest Treadstone does not make the kit. Sciontcperformance does. If you go to their website they are also selling it. They market through Treadstone or something like that I forget. When I called Treadstone it was difficult to get anywhere, but in the end they gave me a number to a guy named Andy who was one of the engineers of the kit and works at sciontcperformance. He has sat on the phone with me countless times, helping me through everything I needed. In that sense I will give him a A+ in customer service. BTW I love the kit....
Old 11-19-2007, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Slvr06tC
I am a Treadstone kit owner, and I have to say I have never come across any of the large problems that others have but I have had my fair share of problems. To be honest Treadstone does not make the kit. Sciontcperformance does. If you go to their website they are also selling it. They market through Treadstone or something like that I forget. When I called Treadstone it was difficult to get anywhere, but in the end they gave me a number to a guy named Andy who was one of the engineers of the kit and works at sciontcperformance. He has sat on the phone with me countless times, helping me through everything I needed. In that sense I will give him a A+ in customer service. BTW I love the kit....
The Treadstone kit is a great bang for your buck. You couldn't go wrong with it. I am always hearing bad things about this and that, but JrodtC hasn't had problems with his kit so I dont know.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:07 PM
SL Member

I had small fitment issues and little things that bothered me like no instructions on anything, but I have had an on going problem with my oil pressure sending unit. I kept blowing on me, my dad being a mechanic told me since its a single wire unit just to plug the hole on the t-fitting. Been running great ever since.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

gt35r nuff said

Quick Reply: Which Turbo Charger to chose??