Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo Checklist

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh...I thought they were saying get everything ELSE from dezod...I got everything except my F/IC from todd, and, yeah, he gave me good prices...but i DOUBT todd would get you glowshift gauges!
Anyway, I could have gotten the f/ic from him as well, but it was when they first came out, and dezod got the first batch, and I needed a tune!

If your set on the tt kit, talk to todd and tell him everything you need and he should be able to get it for you.

I still recomend AEM, autometer or Defi gauges.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
x1000
Old 01-19-2008, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Aha so discounts available ? ( that what i should ask for when ordering, similar great products TT or Dezod i guess it will come down to the price )
Old 01-19-2008, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
x1000
I couldnt agree more.. Defi gauges to me looks best, but I went with AEM because of their famous wideband and their truboost
Old 01-19-2008, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

what eve ryou got them because you stole them from whocares05050 ****! haha nah!
Old 01-19-2008, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by java09
what eve ryou got them because you stole them from whocares05050 ****! haha nah!
haha that too, I got it at very good price. 450 for truboost, wideband, oil pressure plus emanage pressure sensor.. I also have a good defi deal that time but cant find a cheaper defi oil pressure and pressure sensor...

Anyweiz I think you're good to go, TT or dezod you cant go wrong.. but the reasons I went with TT is it cost lesser from the qoute I got.. My TT is 4K w/ GT3076R turbo, polished EL manifold and all the coating on pipes. If I went dezod might have cost more but not by much but I wont have that manifold that I like.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83

Anyweiz I think you're good to go, TT or dezod you cant go wrong.. but the reasons I went with TT is it cost lesser from the qoute I got.. My TT is 4K w/ GT3076R turbo, polished EL manifold and all the coating on pipes. If I went dezod might have cost more but not by much but I wont have that manifold that I like.
Truth be told, unless your making decent power on decent boost and/or revving past 6300 RPMS, you will not see the true benefits of a manifold like Todds. On the street a log manifold is great for throttle response and spool up of most turbos offered. I am sure many will attempt to argue this, but for mild boost, a log is great. This is why it is offered in our S1 kit, and not something like this:

This is used on our D17 Stage II kit, which is set to run 14+ PSI and has acheived results like this on 23 PSI. These cars start their lives as 100whp on 5 Speed EX models.

We did EXTENSIVE testing on this car between our LOG and this manifold, and on boost up to about 14 PSI the LOG makes more power. On 5-8 PSI, the gains from the log makes 10-15whp and TQ to match over the race manifold on that APP with all else being the same. Around 14-17 PSI, the result difference is MUCH better on the race manifold. Just some food for thought.

End note: Unless your planning on running some decent boost with a built motor down the road, there is minimal need for a tubular on lower boost levels.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
Originally Posted by bruceg
I'm not aiming for being cheap...I want the Turbo Toyotas Kit for sure..just not completely set on whether or not I'll get my engine management from there or not.
I do not see why you won't get everything from one company...

I don't see the reason in spending excess money when the results will be similar.
similar how? i'm pretty sure todd's kits put out more power PSI for PSI than dezods. of course there are variables that factor into that such as manifolds, etc... but hey, there's the extra price. both kits are great, don't get me wrong.

as for engine management, i would say go AEM.. i don't like my emanage setup too much.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go with the AEM F/IC or AEM EMS!
Old 01-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaxtcracer

similar how? i'm pretty sure todd's kits put out more power PSI for PSI than dezods. of course there are variables that factor into that such as manifolds, etc... but hey, there's the extra price. both kits are great, don't get me wrong.

as for engine management, i would say go AEM.. i don't like my emanage setup too much.
Without 2 identical cars, running on the same dyno and tuned identical, there is no means of comparison.