Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo in a daily driver-- can I hit 300?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rancur3p1c
What about emissions? State of GA.
We have DESCENDANT customers in ATL daily driving them no problem.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rob_DESCENDANT
We have DESCENDANT customers in ATL daily driving them no problem.

For how long? Your response certainly didn't answer his question.

You may not be familiar with GA's emissions laws and the fact that any car made after 2007 has to be inspected yearly to pass emissions. However, I am sure that the Descendant system will pass GA's emissions requirements as long as both O2 sensors are installed and functioning properly, which they are, and the secondary catalytic converter is not removed. Also if there are no exhaust leaks but the fact that the Descendant kit also retains the factory airbox also helps. I passed emissions in GA, Fulton County, Atlanta with my Dezod system so i'm sure he'll be fine.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

300hp is a good number but u have to remember that 140 more hp than stock, soo with that said if ur somebody that gonna beat on the car every time u get in it might blew a stock motor. im boosted but i push it maybe once a month. also depends on ur tune and if ur the type to notice a small problems before the turn in to big problems.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bigG2148
300hp is a good number but u have to remember that 140 more hp than stock, soo with that said if ur somebody that gonna beat on the car every time u get in it might blew a stock motor. im boosted but i push it maybe once a month. also depends on ur tune and if ur the type to notice a small problems before the turn in to big problems.
If I know what to look for then yes, otherwise no, heh. I'm not going to be flooring it every time I get in. I don't think, at least.
Besides watching your mixture and detonation timings what is there to "notice"? This will be my first car that I work on myself so pardon my ignorance ;)

I guess worst case blow an engine just buy another one and spend a week installing it and then turbo the hell out of it. Commuting to work with coworker I live with so I could make it work.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Turbonetics kit discontinued???? Better not be!!! I just purchased one...

Originally Posted by B_Real45
Hey there.. most kits will net you about the same power at around 8-9 psi. They all put down anywhere from 270-300whp. Even though that 10% spread seems like a lot, it's actually nothing considering all the variables between vehicles, exhaust setups, temps, etc.

Pick a company to purchase from based on their reputation and their customer service. If you think you'll be the type to constantly modify your car, look for a kit that offers good upgradability.

I have the T'netics kit but they've discontinued it. I find it to be a great starter kit - but at the time I didn't think I would mod as much as I am doing. PTuning and Dezod has some great kits out there - however I would probably lean more to the PTuning kit right now. Fit and finish seems stellar compared to others.

You should definitely consider upgrading your clutch. I would probably suggest in engine mounts although it's not necessary. Anyhow - good luck, I hope this forum ends up helping you out some.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There's still stock out there.. and they still do support it. They're just not making more of them.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

About your question the two changes that will help you the most are injectors and clutch and flywheel. Start with 550cc and after you max those out upgrade to larger sizes. As for a clutch you want one that will hold 300% more than stock. And the flywheel will let you rev quicker compared to stock although you can use the stock flywheel just fine for daily. Your tune and engine management will dictate the power/reliability of your kit.

Also things to check for are any fluid leaks, any escaping air, loose hoses or lines, loose intercooler couplers, make sure there is no oil in turbine either the compressor side or turbine side, other than that you should be ok. Any other problem you have like stumbles or misfires will be an internal issue or a tuning problem. You should be fine there's plenty of help here on the SL forum so happy boosting my friend.