Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

The turbo is HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
Originally Posted by SO-CAL_TC
Is this turbonetics kit better than the zpi stage 1 kit?
That answer is easy. Just look at the parts included with both systems and your answer will hit you in the face like a ton of bricks . I'll help you alittle bit. T3/T04E Ball bearing turbo is superior to the 16G . Keep comparing and make your own choice. It shpuld be easy now .
By better....the tables would tilt if you would clarify by the term "better". I would assume you meant better as in faster. To which case it is not.

Stage 1 = 290-300whp

Turbonetics = 244whp
Old 02-08-2006, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by SO-CAL_TC
Is this turbonetics kit better than the zpi stage 1 kit?
That answer is easy. Just look at the parts included with both systems and your answer will hit you in the face like a ton of bricks . I'll help you alittle bit. T3/T04E Ball bearing turbo is superior to the 16G . Keep comparing and make your own choice. It shpuld be easy now .
By better....the tables would tilt if you would clarify by the term "better". I would assume you meant better as in faster. To which case it is not.

Stage 1 = 290-300whp

Turbonetics = 244whp
Old 02-08-2006, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wanna see these dynos vs sc dynos
Old 02-08-2006, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

More hp based on what PSI and what AFR. What tune. You need to be apples to apples to compare HP numbers.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member

I'll have a dyno w/ the turbonetics kit posted within a week or two for everyone to look at. If you think that the kit is going to be anywhere near the same as the s/c you are crazy. I checked out my kit before it went into the shop to get installed and there is only one thing I can say about it.........WOW. This is a serious turbo and it will blow the s/c'r away with a quickness.

Randy
Old 02-09-2006, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
More hp based on what PSI and what AFR. What tune. You need to be apples to apples to compare HP numbers.

Stage 1 = 10psi

Turbonetics = 8psi

I answered the question with a fact, not a biased opinion. Everyone on this board knows that you have been on the ZPI hate wagon. So, your opinion is just that an opinion.

All I'm trying to do is shed a few technical specs. So, there is no need for your immaturity. Did I post a at your comments? No, I did not. I just asked the guy to clarify what he meant by "better".

The answer to that question is subjective anyway. You can turn up the boost on the ZPI kit, and you can turn up the Boost on the Turbonetics kit. It's a matter of preference in who/what you want. So, again, I don't care to start with you on this.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alll this is correct. Not to mention tunining is a big factor. Turbonetics delivers its kit at 8 PSI with an overly safe and rich tune. A trip to the dyno shop could easily net you more power. Turbonetics chooses to ship the kit with a tune that is so safe no factory car (stock exhasut, motor, etc) should ever have trouble.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stage 1 = 10psi

Turbonetics = 8psi

I answered the question with a fact, not a biased opinion. Everyone on this board knows that you have been on the ZPI hate wagon. So, your opinion is just that an opinion.

All I'm trying to do is shed a few technical specs. So, there is no need for your immaturity. Did I post a at your comments? No, I did not. I just asked the guy to clarify what he meant by "better".

The answer to that question is subjective anyway. You can turn up the boost on the ZPI kit, and you can turn up the Boost on the Turbonetics kit. It's a matter of preference in who/what you want. So, again, I don't care to start with you on this.
You're a joke Hate wagon..........now that's funny. You don't even own a boosted car I have two
Old 02-09-2006, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK guys lets keep the war off the thread please..
Old 02-09-2006, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK guys lets keep the war off the thread please..
Trust me there is no war here
Old 02-09-2006, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good enough..
Old 02-09-2006, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ladys...Ladys calm down. Every one has their own opinion, and is entitled to it. Now lets all get in a circle, hold hands, and sing kumbiya.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

You're a joke Hate wagon..........now that's funny. You don't even own a boosted car I have two

What does that have to do with anything? All I did was state some technical facts.

I hope I never see you at a show, or meet you in person.... The only thing between us would be air.

PS...last time I checked, I didn't see a requirement that I had to have a personal computer to get my degree in Management Information Systems. Hence I don't need to own a turbo to look up freakin information.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now everyone just calm down MMMMKAAAAYYY.....
Old 02-09-2006, 11:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What does that have to do with anything? All I did was state some technical facts.

I hope I never see you at a show, or meet you in person.... The only thing between us would be air.
Technical facts you say............... I never knew a 16G turbo was better than a T3/T04E ball bearing unit. You must know something that the rest of the turbo world doesn't know. The Turbonetics kit is far more superior than the ZPI kit , in apperance,saftey, and over all performance. You can throw numbers out there all day long. But last time I checked the stage 1 kit only made close to the 290 at over 11psi, not the 10psi you are claiming. Also that wasn't done with a full stock car with just the kit bolted on like the Turbonetics kit. Put and exhaust system on the Turbonetics car and the numbers wil go up rather quickly without raising the boost. I refuse to argue with you because its pointless and so are you.
I love the internet. Everyones a tough guy until they are comfronted in the real world, then they have nothing to say. I've dealt with poodles like you before and the results are always the same .
Old 02-09-2006, 11:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now back on topic. Congrats ideapimp for buying one hell of a turbo kit, from a company that has been building kits for many many years. It will perform just as good as it looks. They use only high quaility parts on their kits. They don't even skimp out on the fasteners either. The use T-clamps instead of the cheapo ones that you can't even crank down on without breaking them and having to worry about boost leaks because of inferior parts. They also back up the whole kit with a kick@$$ warranty. The kit is geared for show and go. Its one thing to be fast, and its another thing to be fast and pretty at the same time. Now that takes skill
Old 02-09-2006, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Technical facts you say............... I never knew a 16G turbo was better than a T3/T04E ball bearing unit. You must know something that the rest of the turbo world doesn't know. The Turbonetics kit is far more superior than the ZPI kit , in apperance,saftey, and over all performance. You can throw numbers out there all day long.
If the 16g can make the desired whp #'s that you are seeking, then what's the big deal? That's like comparing Gold and Platinum. If the T3/T04E is better, that's not saying the 16g is crap. It does what it does, and it's proven.

But last time I checked the stage 1 kit only made close to the 290 at over 11psi, not the 10psi you are claiming. Also that wasn't done with a full stock car with just the kit bolted on like the Turbonetics kit. Put and exhaust system on the Turbonetics car and the numbers wil go up rather quickly without raising the boost. I refuse to argue with you because its pointless and so are you.
I love the internet.
Get your facts straight before posting stuff you don't know about. 10.5 was the boost level you saw at 290whp. Last time I check 10.5 < "over 11psi".

Proof is in the Pudding sir... http://www.supload.com/vid_confirm.p...Dyno_Movie.wmv

290whp & 331wtq @ 10.5 psi.

And you were saying?

Everyones a tough guy until they are comfronted in the real world, then they have nothing to say. I've dealt with poodles like you before and the results are always the same .
I've been fighting for 13yrs. There would be no way on this green earth I would back down from a cockAroach like you. I would have plenty to say.

Back on topic..as I said before, it's all a matter of preference.

Turbonetics = long established company with their brand name to back it up. Therefore there is a Precieved thought of good quality.

ZPI = the longest running turbo tC's on the streets, with some of the sickest kills using their systems. Therefore there is a proven thought of good quality. They don't have the leniage company wise that Turbonetics has.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I love the fact that if you crash up the car turbonetics will replace your kit for free...now that is sick!!
I would jump on the turbonetics kit if I didnt already have the blower thats for sure
Old 02-09-2006, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="rhythmnsmoke"]
Back on topic..as I said before, it's all a matter of preference.

Turbonetics = long established company with their brand name to back it up. Therefore there is a Precieved thought of good quality.

ZPI = the longest running turbo tC's on the streets, with some of the sickest kills using their systems. Therefore there is a proven thought of good quality. They don't have the leniage company wise that Turbonetics has.
Precieved thought of good quality you say??????? I won't even touch that one We all know that you are freinds with the ZPI crew and that's why you are pushing their stuff. I don't knock you for it, but there are far better kits in the scion community then their kits. People can't even get their orders filled after over 6+ months waiting for them after they place their orders. They always have excuses of why things don't get shipped. Trust me I've heard them all. I was in that boat and I'm glad that I no longer have to deal with them period. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. This is America . I have alot of PM's from people to prove that one too. They are just scared to say anything for fear of not getting their kits any sooner. But that's not what this thread is about now is it? I like the Parts Pimp kit better than all of them, because it has a REAL fuel system. I just hate the fact that it uses a SAFC to deal with the ECU side of things. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Which kit would you rather see under your hood. The choice is easy when it's kicking you in the face

ZPI

TURBONETICS

[/img][/b]
Old 02-09-2006, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Turbonetics officially made it a wrap...thats that hot fire right there

Quick Reply: The turbo is HERE!