Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hi everyone.. i am jason louis freind....I have on 07 tc with a turbonetics turbo kit, I had to change the whole computer system becasue 07 ecm is different than 05-06...I also had my injen intake welded to the system to make the MAF sensor fit bt as well as convert my turbo to a cold air system...I aslo added a greddy pressure sensor so it had more accurate tunning. so the MAF and the pressure sensor work with eachother, which is better for the motor.. I am the only one out here that has this set-up. I have never seen anybody having the same set-up as me. I'm not being a ***** either just saying it would be cool to so see someone else's 07 set up thats all...I have spent aroun 7g's on my turbo set-up. It is possible to change too an 07 set-up with turbonetics. if you really want it let me know I'll walk you through all the materials you will need, to make it work. Also I could have waited for unichip to make me an 07 harness for my car I just didn't want to wait the 1 month it was going to take them. so I went with the greddy ultimate instead for engine management...any other question?
Old 12-22-2007, 03:59 AM

I put the turbonetics kit on for Mete's 07 and i will tell you it CAN be done. You will have to modify a few things but i already did the legwork for ya's.Turbonetics was not helpfull at all about doing it but Grant from Turbokits brainstormed with me to overcome obsticles and see if we could make it happen. You do not need to replace the factory computer system but....You will need an aftermarket engine management system (Streetstar has a Greddy Blue with Custom plug play harness) piggyback. We welded a plate that was redrilled to properly fit the MAF to the MAF pipe they provide. We also used a cooled turbocharger for longevity and bearing care. The Greddy unit is pretty friendly and when used in conjunction with a wide band 02 can be tuned excellently to the larger 650CC injectors. You can accomplish ANYTHING for your rides if you really want it!

Kris- AllOut
Old 12-22-2007, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SLIVER007
hi everyone.. i am jason louis freind....I have on 07 tc with a turbonetics turbo kit, I had to change the whole computer system becasue 07 ecm is different than 05-06...I also had my injen intake welded to the system to make the MAF sensor fit bt as well as convert my turbo to a cold air system...I aslo added a greddy pressure sensor so it had more accurate tunning. so the MAF and the pressure sensor work with eachother, which is better for the motor.. I am the only one out here that has this set-up. I have never seen anybody having the same set-up as me. I'm not being a ***** either just saying it would be cool to so see someone else's 07 set up thats all...I have spent aroun 7g's on my turbo set-up. It is possible to change too an 07 set-up with turbonetics. if you really want it let me know I'll walk you through all the materials you will need, to make it work. Also I could have waited for unichip to make me an 07 harness for my car I just didn't want to wait the 1 month it was going to take them. so I went with the greddy ultimate instead for engine management...any other question?
NICE CAR i really liked your car at scion night.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[/quote]NICE CAR i really liked your car at scion night. [/quote]

Thanks bro! Were you there at irwindale when I took first place in the drag races? I beat out Garim, pretty exciting considering he has 25,ooo dollars done to his motor..good times...good times...
Old 12-23-2007, 08:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nope wasn't there at both, the irwindale drag race that was like in may i think nor the recent one. oh so you beat Garm badly or so so? too bad i have to wait a long time for a turbo since i'm 07 too and now know what is required for the turbonetics kit or might do greddy since it's cheaper and don't plan on going over 240-260 HP since it's my daily driver to work and so so.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well what if i go with Dezod will there need to be any modifications?? and does anyone know any good looking pillar for the gauges the ones that go on the side??
Old 12-24-2007, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes dezod makes the turbo kits for the 07 models for either auto or manual, here's the link to the 3 gauge pillar pod in grey. i these look better than the ones that glowshift has and autometer has it as well but in black so why have one side black and the other grey, but i these are well worth it. http://www.promotiontuning.com/Merch...Category_Code=
Old 12-24-2007, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i really like the 3 gauge pillar that you showed me with the link i'll most likely get done in black later down the line since i want the interior black same material in the interior but black. anyways so with dezod i checked it out and they have alot of things to choose from whats the best thing or stuff to go with ??
Old 12-26-2007, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
lock this thread please.
HeY!!!! MACORAINA!!!!

What Chris said....
Old 12-27-2007, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well there is lots to choose from!