Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Which Turbo Kit???

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

o and the motor mounts are a must my friend doesint have them and when he starts up his car the motor just flopps around mine doesint move barly at all and after now the motor mounts have broken in i barly feel and vibration even with the a/c turned on and yea you use a/c alot in FL
Old 09-02-2009, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Long story short, I'm not gonna pull ish apart twice for motor mounts. I'll just wait till the clutch starts having problems. Until then, quiet comfort
Old 09-02-2009, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

lol yea i did mine when i put my clutch in but now i gotta pull my tranny and put a new clutch in again yay for CC stage 4 right?
Old 09-02-2009, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There had to be something terribly wrong with that clutch if it broke already. I'm nearing 10k boosted over 250 WTQ and WHP on my stocker with no problems at all yet.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
My A/C is always on. I live in FL so there's nothing I can do about it. I know what motor mounts do.

In regards to the clutch, you can ask ElevationTC who rode in it last night after 3 hours of street tuning... no slippage yet. No funny smells, nothing. I have just over 22k on the car. I'm waiting for it to go so I can put in a CC street disc in.
My AC is also always on, I live in GA, AL and NC all year long so I know about heat. I never said you did not know what motor mounts did.

Perhaps, you missed the satire in my post. I did not wait for my clutch to start going before I put a new one in. I put mine in when the car was still bone stock for the most part besides intake, header and nitrous.

To each his own, I was just joking with you though, I play it safe than sorry. I would rather have the clutch in than the stock one go and i'm stuck somewhere but I know that won't happen to ya.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At the first sign of any clutch slipping, I'll have the new one ready to go in within a week. Nothing wrong with putting it in before hand but I didn't want to tear everything apart until I had to.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by ecko04
Motor mounts aren't really for racing bro, they're to keep your motor from torquing so much. My tC is the DD and I don't even know I have the Energy Suspension polyurethane motor mounts unless I turn the AC on, a little vibration, but when it's off there is no vibration and have a stock feel..

I agree 100%. Energy Poly Motor mounts should have been an OEM deal from the factory. The car is so much more responsive and stable it's not even funny. Night and day! Couple that with an excellent diff, sticky tires, nice well tuned suspension, wide wheels and HANG ON for one FUN ride. I have been FLOORED recently on the local tC we did. The car had the following:

Dezod S1 kit
Dan G Enkei 17x8.5
Dunlop Direzza 245/40
KW V2 Coilovers
Energy Mounts
OS Giken LSD

I have been in a lot of tC, and few where pushed VERY hard into corners and such, but man this thing grips like a gecko on a wall: STUCK AND PLANTED!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

P-TUNING 100%!

Mospeedtc, how are you liking your P-TUNING kit? Any problems at all?
Old 09-03-2009, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the Direzza's had a big impact on that. They are great tires no matter what you throw them on but the motor mounts do give you a more positive road and throttle feel. Any reason to get a different brand LSD than the TRD since it's just a rebadged Quaife anyway?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I think the Direzza's had a big impact on that. They are great tires no matter what you throw them on but the motor mounts do give you a more positive road and throttle feel. Any reason to get a different brand LSD than the TRD since it's just a rebadged Quaife anyway?

Pretty sure you will be happy with either one. I have the TRD, love it.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by all4degame
P-TUNING 100%!

Mospeedtc, how are you liking your P-TUNING kit? Any problems at all?

LOVE IT and so does everyone else who has seen it. Not 1 problem after almost 3K now. Beat on it plenty of time and so far everything is holding up. Working on a vid to show case it a bit more with how it moves the car sound clips and maybe a few races :D

Last edited by mospeedtc; 09-03-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

i have dunlop direzzas, energy motor mounts, tein ssp coilovers, trd sway bars and handling is great.. very responsive and feels fast, my wife always tells me to slow down even on speed limit lmao.. im only missing this lsd, i can imagine how much more fun it gets
Old 09-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

If you can, drive one TRD car then drive a OS Giken car and see and feel the difference. Night and day. Well worth the extra $200.

Hell just the sweeten the deal, I will offer a discount on an OS to someone whom wants to switch from a Quaife/TRD.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How does it feel different? The only FWD I ever drove with an LSD was a 99 GST and it felt pretty nice. It had a quaife.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I vote Descendant. Haven't ran into any problems, easy install, plug n play, no absolute necessary tuning cuz of the preloaded map (unless you want more power & fine tuning). I beat on the car essentially right off the bat with just the aem f/ic & it makes a huge difference. Lifetime warranty, price drop, easily upgradeable (intake manifold, bov if need be since it's a necessary factor to a lot of people for some odd reason, can get custom pipes made if you don't like the factory airbox, etc). The kit out of the box can easily make 300hp. I seriously don't know how I lived without it for so long. It's no secret, my car's an automatic - I'm making ~250hp on 5 psi.

Name:  enginebaytc.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  81.7 KB

I need more pics but the car's sitting at World-Racing so I don't have access to it right this second.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
I vote Descendant. Haven't ran into any problems, easy install, plug n play, no absolute necessary tuning cuz of the preloaded map (unless you want more power & fine tuning). I beat on the car essentially right off the bat with just the aem f/ic & it makes a huge difference. Lifetime warranty, price drop, easily upgradeable (intake manifold, bov if need be since it's a necessary factor to a lot of people for some odd reason, can get custom pipes made if you don't like the factory airbox, etc). The kit out of the box can easily make 300hp. I seriously don't know how I lived without it for so long. It's no secret, my car's an automatic - I'm making ~250hp on 5 psi.

I need more pics but the car's sitting at World-Racing so I don't have access to it right this second.

There is no such thing as a tune that runs optimal for every geographic location. Should ALWAYS get your car tuned.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
There is no such thing as a tune that runs optimal for every geographic location. Should ALWAYS get your car tuned.
I know this...I didn't say you don't have to tune the car, it's obviously recommended, but it's also possible to drive the car without worrying like you're not on any tune at all.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
I know this...I didn't say you don't have to tune the car, it's obviously recommended, but it's also possible to drive the car without worrying like you're not on any tune at all.
Ok just checking...
Old 09-04-2009, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's an oldie, ScionSpeed ftw! lolz jk jk!

Just research and really figure out if you want to build the car up or just boost it and that's it.