Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

"Turbo Kit" BUILD **Updates PG40**

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 06:18 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nevermind, i just noticed that you don't have the intake pipe on

wow im way to drugged up on pain killers =/
Old 10-13-2007, 06:24 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by j3st3r
How is the Hydra working out for you? I am looking at getting the Hydra for myself.

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-13-2007, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
thats so nice. do ou mind if i take some cue's from your build to do mine?

and where is the MAF going?
The MAF will not be used for anything but air temp, since I am using the stand alone.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by equinox2355
How is the Hydra working out for you? I am looking at getting the Hydra for myself.

Thanks for the info!
Hydra is working good, I had one minor glitch yesterday, made the changes to the map it saved fine, uploaded it, and then when the car was turned off it lost all the changes. So still waiting on call back from Hydra to find out what needs to be done, guy on the phone said there was some kind of password or something that was needed. I will let you know how it works in detail, once I can get it out on the road and drive it for a week or so.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
sweett car who has been finishing it up for you,??
Not ZPI......lol....a friend of mine has been working on it, he is a fellow mustanger(my former vehicle obsession) too, but has jumped in to help me out.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Glad to see you up and running. I know it's been a long road but was it worth it? I sometimes think it's not and then I think about what I'll have and get all happy but then I think of all I lost and go sit in the closet crying. j/k no really, no just kidding.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That looks DAMN nice bro!
I was wondering if that mani would be available, or if it's a one off?
Old 10-13-2007, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As I am here to help this community grow...in the right direction, and by no means am I am taking away from this build, it just happens he got a bad deal and a bad design.

By no means does this community want this manifold, yes it looks cool and if thats your only reason for buying a piece like this then so be it, and it works for that purpose.

Will it work...yes your forcing air through it

The hole concept of having an "equal length" design and a collector has been defeated by the extension from the collector to the turbo itself.

We as a group are forutnate enough for ZPI to go the way they did, or they would have been filling numerous enthusiasts heads with miss information and more bad product to just to make a $$$$.

Again, not taking away from this build, just trying to help educate.

I give props to j3st3r for seeing it through especially after everything he has been through.

Enjoy

Regards-

Todd
Old 10-13-2007, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

wow man nice work...liek the job
Old 10-13-2007, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Looks good! Much props
Old 10-13-2007, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You got the Hydra EMS, You have sick set up
Old 10-13-2007, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The setup looks pretty good so far, great pictures!
Old 10-13-2007, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
As I am here to help this community grow...in the right direction, and by no means am I am taking away from this build, it just happens he got a bad deal and a bad design.

By no means does this community want this manifold, yes it looks cool and if thats your only reason for buying a piece like this then so be it, and it works for that purpose.

The hole concept of having an "equal length" design and a collector has been defeated by the extension from the collector to the turbo itself.

We as a group are forutnate enough for ZPI to go the way they did, or they would have been filling numerous enthusiasts heads with miss information and more bad product to just to make a $$$$.

I give props to j3st3r for seeing it through especially after everything he has been through.

Enjoy

Regards-

Todd
ZPI made that mainifold?
i think i remember seeing dyletone with the same collector thingy.
thanks for the info
Old 10-13-2007, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Enjoy

Regards-

Todd
Wow....thanks for the great vote of confidence on the setup.......don't all remote mount turbos have this same configuration?
Old 10-13-2007, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Enjoy

Regards-

Todd
Hey, I have the only manifold I will ever need! And I know ZPI made that one, and there were comments about the length of the runners before. I was just wondering if Jester now had a one-of-a-kind kit, or if ZPI had some other company make these for them.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow....thanks for the great vote of confidence on the setup.......don't all remote mount turbos have this same configuration?
Its not that I dont have confidence in your setup..........its going to work, regardless.

Thats the wonderful thing to turbos, its forcing the air through

Remote mount is one thing.....but trying to make an equal length style manifold with an efficient collector design is defeated with the extension from the collector to the turbo. Everything you gained you lost. You have a "glorified" log style manifold.

Again its not your fault just sub par fabrication and knowledge.

Plus not many manifold designers know, but most of the performance gained by a certain style of manifold is all in the design of the collector. The battle is won or lost here.

Regards-

Todd
Old 10-13-2007, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Enjoy

Regards-

Todd
you wouldnt have that problem with a v8

jk
where did you get your manifold?
Old 10-14-2007, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

The kit is really a one off, its not a production kit, with the piping, routing, turbo, and exhaust setup, its all pretty one off stuff. Now that is not to say that it couldnt be duplicated, but I dont know that anyone has plans to. The mani, as far as I know is not being sold/built by anyone, but I think Full Race makes one similar.

Todd I do appreciate the info on the mani though, now that being said...I am an engineer, and would be very interested in talking with you about the design, and flow characteristics on the collector, and design. PM me , or I also PMd you my phone number. Also thanks to everyone regardless of positive or negative for the comments. I am hoping to have some dyno numbers on it within the next couple of weeks, and then evaluate what, if anything the setup needs. I will honestly just be happy to have it back and able to drive again, and as Paul mentioned sometimes all of this hassle and BS just doesnt seem worth it, I hope that feeling changes after getting it completed, and driveable.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sure your going to fall in love with you tC all over again once you get back in the driver seat! Plus, that $hit looks SICK!
Old 10-14-2007, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I think he only got a chance to drive it for 4 months, and hes owned the car for like 2 years, lol.

Either way, he will have a HUGE smile when he gets to finally DD this thing.

Quick Reply: "Turbo Kit" BUILD **Updates PG40**