Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

"Turbo Kit" BUILD **Updates PG40**

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
Originally Posted by j3st3r
Well unfortunately orings, sorry I was informed that these are actually called isolators, did not fix the problem, so now I am pretty sure its in the map. I changed plugs and did a compression test just to be sure. Cylinders all checked out fine, and the new plugs are in. Looks like I need to retune, and adjust the map......yippy
i had a similar problem recently. the car got progressively leaner over 2 days. turns out that the yellow plastic clip that holds my walbro 255lph up into the apparatus that houses it, had slipped off a little bit. this caused the fuel pump to fall down slightly, and it would not make sufficient fuel pressure. it was a simple fix that only involved 2 zip ties, to make sure it never happens again.

i dont know your exact fuel system set up off the top of my head brian. so i dont know if you have the same problem. but i dont see how it could be the hydra since the stock ecu no longer has the ability to control the fuel settings.
Fuel is fine, pressure at idle is steady at 70psi, and rises under throttle, I dont run an in tank setup.

There is also no CEL, and I have cleared any OBDII codes that were in the ECU. I am pretty sure the problem is in the map......at least that is where I hope it lies. My concern with this whole incident however is if inconsistency is now going to be a common thing. I know it will change some depending on the weather, but I am not going to be happy having to live with a car that is fine one day, and then all of the sudden tune is off. Obviously if a situation arises, such as the isolaters/orings, then it will be addressed...but I really thought those would have fixed this issue/
Old 08-18-2008, 12:57 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how are you in wot?
Old 08-18-2008, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
how are you in wot?
well the plugs, and isolators helped a little bit but its still is really lean, and the power is no where near what it was. I took the plugs out after I got back from testing it, and they looked really lean.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

j3st3r are you going to gt live? i think i am i hope i get to see you there the car looks sick... nice work
Old 08-18-2008, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by TRDChargedtC
Did not actually get to race this day, I had no tires/rims for it. Should get some race action at VIR, in October though!
Are you going to GT live??? im thinking about going... i live in NC about an hour from VIR.... i will try to be there tho.... i hope i get to see you there[/quote]

Yes I am planning on being there.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Just a couple of ideas i'm throwing out =D

Is the vacuum line to the hydra fine? No pinches? Leaks? Clogged?

Try changing the air temp/coolant trim maps to compensate for the changes in ambient temp? Don't think its this one though, unless it was a reallll drastic change in temps.

Intake manifold gasket? Probably not.....

Try recalibrating the hydra wideband??? After a few month of running rich, I was forced to recalibrate it, because it wasn't reading right at all.

Also, are you running the stock secondary 02 sensor?
If so, I wonder if it went bad, and you have the hydra closed loop setting to

LEFT MODULE SENSOR SOURCE:
14.7 LEFT U/HEGO

RIGHT MODULE SENSOR SOURCE:
14.7 LEFT U/HEGO

It might explain why you're running lean. Maybeeeeee.

I'm trying my bestttttttttt, lol.

>.<
Old 08-18-2008, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by ippskidder

Try changing the air temp/coolant trim maps to compensate for the changes in ambient temp? Don't think its this one though, unless it was a reallll drastic change in temps.

Try recalibrating the hydra wideband??? After a few month of running rich, I was forced to recalibrate it, because it wasn't reading right at all.

Also, are you running the stock secondary 02 sensor?
If so, I wonder if it went bad, and you have the hydra closed loop setting to

LEFT MODULE SENSOR SOURCE:
14.7 LEFT U/HEGO

RIGHT MODULE SENSOR SOURCE:
14.7 LEFT U/HEGO

It might explain why you're running lean. Maybeeeeee.

I'm trying my bestttttttttt, lol.

>.<
Hey I appreciate the help, I will take a look at some of those settings tomorrow, I wanted to take a better look at the line to the Hydra anyway since it was kind of done half ___ the way they routed it through the firewall.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Hey I appreciate the help, I will take a look at some of those settings tomorrow, I wanted to take a better look at the line to the Hydra anyway since it was kind of done half butt the way they routed it through the firewall.
No problem.

I believe in karma =) lol

BTW, I don't use a stock secondary 02 sensor, I have an Inovative Wideband in there instead.

So in the hydra closed loop settings,
I have it set to,

14.7 Wideband Hego

For Left and Right Sensor Sources.

Thats why I was wondering if you're still using the secondary 02 sensor ^^
Old 08-18-2008, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ hey im still using the 2 stock sensors but my initial setup was set to 14.7 WB Hego now i changed it to Left and Right 14.7 it didnt really make much difference.. I never had any idling issues, I simply changed the afrs values with ac on and ac off and everything is smooth.. the only thing that bothers me is that my maf sensor's AIT is reading very low
Old 08-18-2008, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
^^ hey im still using the 2 stock sensors but my initial setup was set to 14.7 WB Hego now i changed it to Left and Right 14.7 it didnt really make much difference.. I never had any idling issues, I simply changed the afrs values with ac on and ac off and everything is smooth.. the only thing that bothers me is that my maf sensor's AIT is reading very low
Hmmm... its probably because you have the Lower Rpm Limit set to 1000+

So your hydra isn't trying to control the idle afr. I'm just theorizing (is that word? lol).

But hey it works for you.

I'm still struggling with mine. I was gonna try to do some playing around with it today, but a hurricane might be headed my way. So I had to setup the hurricane shutters on the exterior of the house.

Btw, what is your AIT temp? Maybe the temp is really low because your intercooler rocks =D
Old 08-18-2008, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Try recalibrating the hydra wideband??? After a few month of running rich, I was forced to recalibrate it, because it wasn't reading right at all.....
Hey I appreciate the help, I will take a look at some of those settings tomorrow, I wanted to take a better look at the line to the Hydra anyway since it was kind of done half butt the way they routed it through the firewall.
Good idea to check all those things. What AIT sensor do you have and where exactly is it located?

Pito
Old 08-19-2008, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any updates on the car brian?
Old 08-19-2008, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mecanica_Pito
Try recalibrating the hydra wideband??? After a few month of running rich, I was forced to recalibrate it, because it wasn't reading right at all.....
Good idea to check all those things. What AIT sensor do you have and where exactly is it located?

Pito
Not 100% but I think he is using the stock one thats built in with the MAF.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyota_scion_tc

Pito
Not 100% but I think he is using the stock one thats built in with the MAF.
I have a an AIT sensor, that taps one of the wires (blue colored I thinked) on the maf (I cut this off, lol).

But the Temp Sensor I got with the hydra.

Is that what you mean???
Old 08-19-2008, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a an AIT sensor, that taps one of the wires (blue colored I thinked) on the maf (I cut this off, lol).
Is that what you mean???
Yes that sensor! Do guys with Hydra all have the same sensor? Where is it installed?

Pito
Old 08-19-2008, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Is that what you mean???
Yes that sensor! Do guys with Hydra all have the same sensor? Where is it installed?

Pito
I'm pretty sure all hydra users have the same AIT sensor.

The only difference that may be different is the Wideband, since early hydra users used a different brand. Thats not the case anymore though, since everyone is confined to the HydraWB. To bad we can't use bosch, since there so cheap >.<

But to answer your question of what kind of sensor the AIT is, i'm not exactly sure, sorry.

The sensor is attached to the chargepipe right before the throttle body. I'd say its about 6-8 inches away from the TB.

Sensor has 2 wires. One is grounded to the side of the cylinder head. The other taps into the blue wire off the maf.

When i'm in the hydra software, it tells me the intake temps, and its also very helpful, when i'm datalogging ^^
Old 08-19-2008, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Hmmm... its probably because you have the Lower Rpm Limit set to 1000+
So your hydra isn't trying to control the idle afr. I'm just theorizing (is that word? lol).
Lower rpm setting you mean the lower rpm closed loop setting? i cant remember exactly where but its set around 900- 1.1K rpms, closed or open hydra controls everything so im sure its controlled by the hydra as I can control my idle afrs easily by altering values about 6 cells in my fuel map at the idle area.. idle is smooth that made me pass tx inspection (no OBD), on the other hand im using a way smaller injectors than you guys which i think it close the preset setting from hydra.. there should be areas that might need to be set for you guys
Btw, what is your AIT temp? Maybe the temp is really low because your intercooler rocks =D
Im using my stock AIT sensor on my maf, i think its messed up.. and its still located on my intake so the IC has nothing to do my IC.. Once I get my hydra AIT, im gonna move it right before the TB.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Lower rpm setting you mean the lower rpm closed loop setting? i cant remember exactly where but its set around 900- 1.1K rpms, closed or open hydra controls everything so im sure its controlled by the hydra as I can control my idle afrs easily by altering values about 6 cells in my fuel map at the idle area.. idle is smooth that made me pass tx inspection (no OBD), on the other hand im using a way smaller injectors than you guys which i think it close the preset setting from hydra.. there should be areas that might need to be set for you guys
Hmm... I do think your right though. Sometimes I do get open/closed loop/tuning confused >.<

On a side not, I spoke to the guys at hydraems, and I spoke to him about my problem. Basically he said, the hydra at the moment, does not fully control the idle.

The stock ecu is still somewhat in control of it.

In a later version of the hydra, he said that we'll be able to set the idle rpm to whatever rpm our heart desires =D

Im using my stock AIT sensor on my maf, i think its messed up.. and its still located on my intake so the IC has nothing to do my IC.. Once I get my hydra AIT, im gonna move it right before the TB.
Ohhhh I see. I thought you have the Hydra AIT thats why.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Hmm... I do think your right though. Sometimes I do get open/closed loop/tuning confused >.<

On a side not, I spoke to the guys at hydraems, and I spoke to him about my problem. Basically he said, the hydra at the moment, does not fully control the idle.

The stock ecu is still somewhat in control of it.

In a later version of the hydra, he said that we'll be able to set the idle rpm to whatever rpm our heart desires =D

Ohhhh I see. I thought you have the Hydra AIT thats why.
Are you guys using the 2.5 or the 2.6?
Old 08-19-2008, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Are you guys using the 2.5 or the 2.6?
I'm using 2.5r12

Quick Reply: "Turbo Kit" BUILD **Updates PG40**