Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

"Turbo Kit" BUILD **Updates PG40**

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

yup a zpi stage zero could dyno almost the same on a way smaller turbo, no intercooler, no engine management, stock injectors, 7psi lol.. but what im really interested is getting the hydra configured to make a very consistent tune, j3st3r's #s are pretty good all he has to do is smoothen out everything, and he if changes a lot of values on the boosted side, he might change his numbers
Old 08-22-2008, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would be sad if i made 240 at 10psi on my kit i would cry plain and simple
Old 08-22-2008, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ out kit is almost identical watch out haha.. no man, really its not the kit.. its either something wrong with the car or its really just the tune.. there's a really pig rich part on my tune when you slam on the throttle and to me thats gonna hurt the numbers, in fact i feel more pull doing part throttle
Old 08-22-2008, 12:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ace,

Have you ever tried to do a compression test on your car? Make sure you're around 180-190psi per cylinder. And I'm sure you've checked for boost leaks and exhaust leaks before the turbo right??
Old 08-22-2008, 12:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

compression is around 190s all 4,, no boost leaks and all are clamps are pretty tight.. exhaust leaks on the manifold is questionable though, im not running a gasket on the mani-turbo but i dunno if its gonna cause power loss that much
Old 08-22-2008, 12:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
J3st3r, we have the same tuner but didnt you upload and save your original map before you edited? i do think the guy can tune, i just dont get wtf is wrong with my car.. you are tuned 555hp but mine only got 230 hp/240 tq at 10 psi on a gt30 lol

but yeah my 1st gear is sluggish and goes too rich after 4.5K rpm, once i get my new laptop and gonna start on datalogging and see whats going on.. i've been changing my tune offline which is a pita.. my idle is fine and never stalls but i have some weird afrs issues that i blame on my wrong AIT readings, lol it never ends
I thought that I had saved that map, at least that is what I went in and did when I first got it, but not sure what has happened. When I open that map I saved the spark values are not the same as they were when I first got it, and I know I have not been making any changes to that. Usually I will upload the map from ECU, and then make some changes, however the ONLY changes I have made to the map were with the AC Step values, and the MIN ISC values to get the idle when the AC is on squared away. The only thing I can think that might have happened is that when I was running it once the car died, and the laptop battery was dead, so when the car shut off the laptop shut off, but....since I did not upload(download actually) anything to the ROM of the Hydra, the changes I made should have been lost because they were just in RAM. Like I said, at this point I just want to get the map he used to tune the car on, and go from there.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

compression is around 190s all 4,, no boost leaks and all are clamps are pretty tight.. exhaust leaks on the manifold is questionable though, im not running a gasket on the mani-turbo but i dunno if its gonna cause power loss that much
Exhaust leaks are devistating to power.. before turbo of course..

Why not just double check - remove the turbo, and use some hi-temp RTV sealant or buy a T3 foot gasket? It wouldn't hurt..
Old 08-22-2008, 12:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

im pretty sure kenny still has your tune,..he should keep the tune since your number is good.. did you try calling or aim him?
Old 08-22-2008, 12:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

im pretty sure kenny still has your tune,..he should keep the tune since your number is good.. did you try calling or aim him?
Man I have tried every which way you can think of.....hell I even tried Keisha....hell I still cant even get all my dyno charts from him, I keep hearing he has tons of them, and yet I have like 2.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by j3st3r
Man I have tried every which way you can think of.....hell I even tried Keisha....hell I still cant even get all my dyno charts from him, I keep hearing he has tons of them, and yet I have like 2.
if you ever get them, post them up. im curious to see the power curve by rpm insted of speed. would also like to see the torque it makes and when, and how well the port and polish of the head helps spool that big gtk. this is assuming you can get kenny to play ball, and we all know how that can be.

...by the way. any chance of cams in the near future?
Old 08-22-2008, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMFG nice setup bro..
Old 08-22-2008, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
if you ever get them, post them up. im curious to see the power curve by rpm insted of speed. would also like to see the torque it makes and when, and how well the port and polish of the head helps spool that big gtk. this is assuming you can get kenny to play ball, and we all know how that can be.

...by the way. any chance of cams in the near future?
No cams in the near future, I want to get a consistent tune first on 15psi so when I do take it time attack racing, I am not having to play with it to much. I am working on the map right now to see what I can get worked out. Also when I pulled the injectors they are NOT 1400cc they are 1200cc, so not sure if I will try running the 1000cc or not.

I am as curious as you are on the torque curves, and I would like to have all of the dyno charts from my damn car, just to have them, good or bad
Old 08-23-2008, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Call his lawyer, that always seemed to work for me.lol
Old 08-23-2008, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

omg that so wrong paul, hahahhahahhaha.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Just an FYI, all of my stuff is for sale now, after 2+ years of dealing with this, and the BS going to put tC back to stock motor wise.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just an FYI, all of my stuff is for sale now, after 2+ years of dealing with this, and the BS going to put tC back to stock motor wise.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow. why?
Old 10-01-2008, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is this serious? wtf?
Old 10-01-2008, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
wow. why?
2+ years without the car, and its STILL not tuned or running right.....I have lost all interest, and excitement over this. I need a car I can drive, not to mention I am the head of Music City Scions, and I am tired of not being able to participate with the crew.

This was a HUGE...very tough decision, but at this point , and I am sure those that know most of the story wondered why I did not do this earlier. Letting someone else work on my car was probably one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made, and if the past BS was different then probably would keep the setup, but....enough is enough.

The plan is to put a stock motor back in it, and maybe look at the Ptuning setup later down the line.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i feel ya. theres no way i would have waited 2+ years. ive been out of action for only a month and sometimes i wonder wtf im doing.

im behind ur decision. ptuning street kit would be a nice bolt on alternative.

Quick Reply: "Turbo Kit" BUILD **Updates PG40**