Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

"Turbo Kit" BUILD **Updates PG40**

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did it make 500?
Old 04-08-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Seeing as how Brian is probably out enjoying this Sunny Easter morning with his car, I figured I would give his thread a bump for you.

YES boys.....IT'S ALIVE!

Kenny called me and told me that he was on his way to the dyno with Brian (Jester's) car. On his way, he ran up on a New Viper. The car was on 17lbs of boost, so Kenny gave him a little WG, and the Viper ensued.

First Kill.....Dodge Viper (by 1 car length).

It's still on the 16G turbo for right now. This is just Phase 1.

Brian was telling me that at only 2700 RPM! It was making 383ftlbs. AT ONLY 2700 RPM! Talk about FAST spooling. Redline has been raised to 7 Grand. In Phase 2, he mentioned RedLine will be bumped to 8K rpm!

The only slight problem he is having (If you want to call it a problem that is), is that He has TOO much Motor for his Modified 16G....heheee. Once he gets to 14 PSI, the motor is just pumping to much for the 16G to handle, therefore, no more power can be made on the turbine no matter if you set it at 14 PSI or 19 PSI. Still Viper Killing power, but remember, the goal is 500+whp. So, I believe he said in 2 weeks, Phase 2 will kick off.

Saddly, I'm no longer #1 fastest tC in TN. Now #2, oh well. At least #1 is still a ZPI Powered tC so it's all good.....HAHAAAA.

When he is done playing, I'm sure he will come in and Chime in on some more little tid bits of "learning experience" we are all getting from his car.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so he made 383whp cause you say ftlbs so you may be talking about torque??
Old 04-08-2007, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NICE... so gues next step will be a bigger Turbo right ? 20G or even bigger.
since u said it was set at 17 PSI so it was running with the viper on 3 PSI in vain ?
Old 04-08-2007, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCFROEZEL
since u said it was set at 17 PSI so it was running with the viper on 3 PSI in vain ?
i think hes gonna run a garret 3070? something like that. also EL manifold
Old 04-08-2007, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yep He is talking about Tq.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so how much whp did he make??????
Old 04-08-2007, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC

No, I said it was 383 TQ at 2700 rpms. You have a Crap load of RPMS left after 2700...lol

I forget what the HP ratings were. But Brian I'm sure will chime in on the details and the specs of the car.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
Originally Posted by TCFROEZEL
i think hes gonna run a garret 3070? something like that. also EL manifold

Yep EL manifold (Full Race I believe), and talk is centered around the GT 3076R.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice worthy Project. Worth the wait i guess...
Old 04-09-2007, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Is he running an LSD?
Old 04-09-2007, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Is he running an LSD?

Phase 2
Old 04-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Kenny called me and told me that he was on his way to the dyno with Brian (Jester's) car. On his way, he ran up on a New Viper. The car was on 17lbs of boost, so Kenny gave him a little WG, and the Viper ensued.

Brian was telling me that at only 2700 RPM! It was making 383ftlbs. AT ONLY 2700 RPM! Talk about FAST spooling. Redline has been raised to 7 Grand. In Phase 2, he mentioned RedLine will be bumped to 8K rpm!

The only slight problem he is having (If you want to call it a problem that is), is that He has TOO much Motor for his Modified 16G....heheee. Once he gets to 14 PSI, the motor is just pumping to much for the 16G to handle, therefore, no more power can be made on the turbine no matter if you set it at 14 PSI or 19 PSI. Still Viper Killing power, but remember, the goal is 500+whp. So, I believe he said in 2 weeks, Phase 2 will kick off.

Saddly, I'm no longer #1 fastest tC in TN. Now #2, oh well. At least #1 is still a ZPI Powered tC so it's all good.....HAHAAAA.

When he is done playing, I'm sure he will come in and Chime in on some more little tid bits of "learning experience" we are all getting from his car.
Video? Dyno sheet?

That is simply a maxed out turbo. Either a larger turbine must be used or a different comp wheel and housing.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

Video? Dyno sheet?

That is simply a maxed out turbo. Either a larger turbine must be used or a different comp wheel and housing.

Yeah....we are aware of that Paul.

Even for maxing it out...thing Hauls AZZ..
Old 04-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Just so that we are all on the same page. It's tough to assume anything now-a-days.

Also, did you ride in the car?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

Just so that we are all on the same page. It's tough to assume anything now-a-days.

Also, did you ride in the car?

Oh, yeah we are all on the same page.

And not yet. He owz me one. Sat. was it's first night out, so I'm sure he wants his quality time with his baby. They went up Sat. morning to pick it up, while I was busy installing a transmission all day, so I didn't get to come out till later than night when we hit up or usual car spot. I have seen and heard the car, just not ridin in it yet. And just hearing it....makes you drool...But he has been describing drivability to me with it. And OMG is all I can ever say to what he tells me about it's performance. I am going to do a little better than just get vids of me riding shotgun. We are going to race. Kenny said his predictions are that Brian will put 10 cars on me at minimum....

That's ok, though, he's my boy so you know I'm going to be right behind him to follow up with another Beastly creation.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Ok I guess I will chime in on my own thread here....ok so Kenny dynoed it last Thursday and he tried running 13psi all the way up to 19, and the turbo is simply maxed out...it would not make anymore power no matter where you set the boost. Looks like the make whp was 367, the rev limiter is set at 7200 right now and the dyno chart never drops off we simply hit the limiter before power ever begins to drop. The car like several of you probably know is either granny or WOT, part throttle tuning with this combination really does not exist so, at this point I am really trying to just get miles on the new motor before going phase 2. Kenny anticipates that the 16g that is on it will be completely shot by the time I take it back up there. Since the manifold is not tubular or equal length there is a lot of temperature variation in that manifold. The intial plan was to see what we could push the 16G too and see what kind of numbers we could pull at the track...well that just is not going to happen, A) we do not have an LSD in it, and to say there is torque steer is an HUGE understatement B) Not going to risk doing something stupid on this motor before it has the right combination of parts on it. The phase 2 plan includes basically yanking the turbo system thats on there and going with, bigger turbo(3076R), bigger intercooler, complete external fuel system, LSD, losing the MAF sensor, and several other things that I will leave undisclosed until they are finished. The car is fast...it pulls.....well it just keeps pulling and hard. Kenny got the thing tuned on this combination and that was a feat in itself, I mean the thing has 750cc injectors and the stock regulator, on a completely built motor, and head and he got it tuned to a point were it could be daily driven, so hats off to everyone at ZPI for their efforts, it has been a long road but man after driving the car...it was well worth it. I will work on getting some vidoes of it in action soon, driving by and a couple of pulls...I did put one video out there already .....just for those who believe in Unicorns!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI-G_15OchU
Old 04-09-2007, 08:45 PM
SL Member

B DIALIN!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
B DIALIN!!!!!!!!
LMAO....!!!!! So you made it.......fuel pump held together.....how does she run down there man???
Old 04-09-2007, 09:15 PM
SL Member

i'll be getting it tuned next week it looks like. hows the big black stiffy workin?? when are u going to the track??

Quick Reply: "Turbo Kit" BUILD **Updates PG40**