Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

"Turbo Kit" BUILD **Updates PG40**

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what do you mean by still not running right?
Old 10-01-2008, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
The tune is still not right, and you and I both know who I am having to deal with on getting it resolved. I have spoke to other tuners, but they are all hours away, and honestly I want to be done with this, the whole setup really just brings bad memories, and feelings.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by j3st3r
The tune is still not right, and you and I both know who I am having to deal with on getting it resolved. I have spoke to other tuners, but they are all hours away, and honestly I want to be done with this, the whole setup really just brings bad memories, and feelings.
believe it or not, i know the frustration you're going through. my friend dyltone has been waiting almost 3 yrs for his and has a lot of money invested in the car. but he has waited, and been patient. and very soon here his car will be on the streets again.

im not trying to turn you're thread into one about aj's car. just using it as an example, because he is the only other person i know with as much money invested into his car as you. with that in mind, i beg you. PLEASE DON'T PUT IT BACK TO STOCK!!! you will never recoup your expenses buy parting it out.

if all thats wrong is the tune, then calm down. start a thread explaining what is wrong, and finding out if there are any GOOD, KNOWLEDGEABLE tuners that can help you get the car running right. and not some spiky haired kid that's blown up more cars than the I.R.A.

we all know what a carsh and burn disaster zpi was. but your car was kind of like the phoenix rising from its ashes. the one great thing that came out of that whole mess. please reconsider.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

I talked to Albert, and his tuner, I have also spoke to Ptuning. Both have been willing to take a look, and tune the car....but......this is going to cost me EVEN more money, and I just don't have the money to fork out on this anymore. I have spent WAY....way...to much on this, and to be sitting here no better than I was 2 years ago....just not worth it. Trust me if anyone wants to keep it, it would be me, and unfortunately I dont have a sponsor, that can just make it happen.....its quite frustrating.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can you go into a little more detail on what exactly is wrong with the tune?
Old 10-01-2008, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by j3st3r
What kind of problems do you have??? Are u using AEM EMS or Hydra?
Old 10-01-2008, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

believe it or not, i know the frustration you're going through. my friend dyltone has been waiting almost 3 yrs for his and has a lot of money invested in the car. but he has waited, and been patient. and very soon here his car will be on the streets again.

im not trying to turn you're thread into one about aj's car. just using it as an example, because he is the only other person i know with as much money invested into his car as you. with that in mind, i beg you. PLEASE DON'T PUT IT BACK TO STOCK!!! you will never recoup your expenses buy parting it out.

if all thats wrong is the tune, then calm down. start a thread explaining what is wrong, and finding out if there are any GOOD, KNOWLEDGEABLE tuners that can help you get the car running right. and not some spiky haired kid that's blown up more cars than the I.R.A.

we all know what a carsh and burn disaster zpi was. but your car was kind of like the phoenix rising from its ashes. the one great thing that came out of that whole mess. please reconsider.
I think etsnet (paul) car went through a back to stock phase. I think it had something to do with the oil pressure, or a bearing though.

I had thought of putting my car back to stock a lot of times as well.

Sometimes you just have to cut your losses, and move on to something bigger.

But if you feel you can still wait it out a while longer, i'd say keep the setup, and find another tuner.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionGT35R
What kind of problems do you have??? Are u using AEM EMS or Hydra?
He's using a hydra.

I think 1000cc or 1400cc injectors. Don't remember exactly.

His was idling right, and would run great for a few months.

Then all of a sudden he would try and turn on the car and it would die.

I also believe it would lean out on partial throttle.

Something fishyyy.....

I'm sure he can explain better.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

oh man that sucks, this car is almost close to finish.. all you need is a tune.. unless something is wrong with the motor that is costly to fix, what exactly happened?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Ok so here is the situtation...

When I first got it back it idled and ran pretty decent, got to drive it a few places ran fine on interstate, good deal. Then a few weeks went by, and car started running rough, seemed like it was running on only 3 cylinders, and anytime I would get into throttle it would go lean. So that is when I found the smashed oring/isolator on one of the injectors, so replaced that thinking....problem solved! BUT....not the case, car still ran the same way. So I called tuner to find out what was going on, he sent me a new map, I tried several times to upload this into Hydra, it said it was successful, and but when I went in to see the values of the map in Hydra everything showed zeros. So after several hours final a map took, and showed up fine.....BUT....when I tried to start the car it would not start....just turned over. So...I changed the plugs.....no luck, checked for spark....definitely getting spark, car still would not start. SO...did compression test, just to be sure, and all cylinders tested same with good pressure. So I pulled the fuel rail from the block, with injector still attached to the rail I pressurized the fuel system, and bam it blew one of the injectors clean off the rail.....so the rail is getting fuel, and gauge is reading close to 70psi. So...attached the rail back to the block pressurized it again, took the rail back off the block, left the fuel pump off, setup a video camera, and cranked it over.....video showed nothing coming out of injectors. SO....for the heck of it, I dumped some gas in each cylinder and tried to start the car.....it fumbled bad, and then started....but it was running terrible...but running no less, I had the fuel pump on at this time and figured the car was just running on the gas that I poured in....so I shut the fuel pump off.......AND THE CAR DIED....WTF.........So went in and looked at the map and cranked the car back over.......would not start....so that is where it sits right now....turns over....wont start. I have tried every map I have, and still wont start....I have left the fuel pump running several times cranked for 30 sec, then went and pulled the plugs and they are not even wet.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

hmm... so right now all your maps, not even your original map works even to start the car? might be something wrong on the setup and not the map.. sucks man hope youll have it figured out..
Old 10-01-2008, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
hmm... so right now all your maps, not even your original map works even to start the car? might be something wrong on the setup and not the map.. sucks man hope youll have it figured out..
I really dont have an original map, I can seem to get that from the tuner, so he gave me..another map, and at this point, no none of them will start the car, it does not even sound like its firing....but that could because its not getting fuel either. Dont know enough about the Hydra to know where to look.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:23 PM
SL Member

You may be tired of trying MAPs for the Hydra (2.5 is my version) but I have one tuned by Dynamic Auto Sport for 750cc injectors if you would like it to try it to see if it solves any issues. It has been great so far. But you'll have to adjust the settings, closed loop tab, to correspond with your current 02 sensor setup. Then save the file before going online and uploading it.

Let me know.

J~
Old 10-01-2008, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by Jacque766
You may be tired of trying MAPs for the Hydra (2.5 is my version) but I have one tuned by Dynamic Auto Sport for 750cc injectors if you would like it to try it to see if it solves any issues. It has been great so far. But you'll have to adjust the settings, closed loop tab, to correspond with your current 02 sensor setup. Then save the file before going online and uploading it.

Let me know.

J~
Sure why not, at this point what can it hurt, I assume that the 750cc's are peak and hold correct? Also....I know this sounds odd but give me your procedure for loading the maps into the Hydra, really not sure why several times mine showed that it downloaded to ECU, but then all the values were zero's
Old 10-01-2008, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

his setup is alot different.. i doubt your map would work.. he has a fully built engine with huge injector prolly almost twice as the ones you have.. his problem is not on the O2 sensor too
Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

j3st3r, i dont think its you map.. if your orig map didnt work like it did before, looks like somewhere in you fuel system..
Old 10-01-2008, 08:59 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
his setup is alot different.. i doubt your map would work.. he has a fully built engine with huge injector prolly almost twice as the ones you have.. his problem is not on the O2 sensor too

Very true...the other problem I see is that his car wont start. you cant even download to the ECU anyways right unless the car is idling?

J~
Old 10-01-2008, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Talked to Hydra and might have found the issue, apparently my car has been trying to start without a map....has to do with the uploading, and the password my Hydra.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So there is hope....eh, Brian! I hope you get this resolved!
Old 10-02-2008, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Had same problem with my map No biggy hydra can walk you threw it they need to unlock the box then you'll have to put all the right specs in the hydra setup. I was ____ed when i got my hydra and all it did was crank flooded the car, f*cked 2sets of plugs. i was about to give up had 3different maps givin to me LOL gave in sent my box to the tuner said it was good, got it back tune was there but car setup wasn't did the same thing, hydra aka andrew got me running after 5mins. Now tuners for hydra. Phil from element tuning also know as one of the best hydra tuners is in Maryland he has been working with me on some of the hydra things also is going to probley tune my car at a fairly good price. That is unless i don't go to Dan aka Guru on here. really your setup isnt that bad , just some lil problems. The funny thing is sounds just like my problems almost to the "T". PM me for details on some cool hydra stuff.

Quick Reply: "Turbo Kit" BUILD **Updates PG40**