Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo Kit HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Turbo Kit HELP PLEASE

hello fellow scion memebers; i have 3 questions

1. i was wondering what turbo kit would you guys suggest getting, im debating between the GReddy Bolt-On Turbo kit (does not come with injectors or e-manage) and promises a gain of 100+ hp. Or should i get the ZPI Stage 0 Turbo Kit? Which ever one please say why would you choose that one.

2. Does the zpi turbo kit come with the emanage and/or injectors? and could u make the boost higher to increase hp output?

3. How much whp would i get total with both kits?

sorry if this was discussed already THANKS!!
Old 03-16-2007, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This Link should help u out.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=130799
Old 03-16-2007, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

that helped but i am still wondering if the zpi stage 0 can be boosted for a higher whp gain, using the boost controller. and the stage 0 says nothing about injectors but the stage 1 has 550 injectors.
but i thought u need injectors to use the turbo
Old 03-16-2007, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

With the stage 0 it does not come with injectors, but the stock one's will be good enough for 6 psi, as the kit recommends.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

does the stage 0 come with the e-manage or is that not needed as well; can i get bigger injectors and all that other stuff to increase whp; including boost controller to increase boost?

thanks alot for the help =)!
Old 03-16-2007, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The stage 0 does not come with an emanage, but one is always usefull, the stage 1 comes with one though.... well with turning up the boost, what i was planning to do, because im also buying a zpi stage 0, was when i got some more cash purchase the 550cc injectors and an emanage and then go from there. i wont feel comfortable turning the boost up with my stock injectors and no management.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...does sciontc07 know how to read? everything is pretty clearly listed with all the kits...i mean, seriously...
Old 03-16-2007, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea thats true still everything you need to know is there
Old 03-16-2007, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

must be poor reading comprehension skills.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so basically this is a good plan?:

get the zpi stage 0; then in the future increase the injectors to 550cc and get a e-manage or unichip, then increase boost with boost controller for better whp gain; is that good? =)

thanks fellow scion members u guys have been GREAT!
Old 03-16-2007, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah... also, i would recommend an intercooler. somewhere along the line.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no, not a good plan. because then you'll need a new clutch. you should also use a a/f and boost gauge. besides, your engine can't take more than 8 psi stock. and probably isn't a good idea without an intercooler.

since you won't search, here is my old thread

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ight=plan++aka
Old 03-16-2007, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Which kit did you eventually go with?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...sadly i'm not that far yet...

just did the suspension, next week is exhaust, then...early summer is trd lsd, stage 3 clutch, and flywheel...then lastly, god willing...a turbonetics kit with a cat...
Old 03-16-2007, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmm very nice
Old 03-16-2007, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well obviously not all scionlife people are kind and respectful, some just think they are the best at everything and others r reasonable and understand that a turbo kit is a serious commitment to some people and they just want to get it clear, instead of judging so much and talking so much trash, just dont message if u got such a large problem
Old 03-16-2007, 02:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol yeah i know what you mean, hopefully i get my stage 0 next month, then slowly get all my other turbo accessories.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks brammi u have been a great help, i will hopefully be getting my turbo kit within the next couple of weeks, been saving up and i was debating greddy or zpi 0 cause i cant afford to high; but with your help i may just choose the zpi thanks!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No problem man, post some videos and pics when its all done and running.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc07
well obviously not all scionlife people are kind and respectful, some just think they are the best at everything and others r reasonable and understand that a turbo kit is a serious commitment to some people and they just want to get it clear, instead of judging so much and talking so much trash, just dont message if u got such a large problem
commitment? i have been working on this for a while now. i took the time, and searched and tapped the greatest turbo minds scionlife has to offer. i've even called and asked zpi and dezod directly to explain what i'm looking for and ask what turbo kit would be best for my applications. i've spent thousands of dollars and i don't even have a turbo on my tc because in my opinion that is the last part of the process.

power without control is chaos

first i did brakes, this week i did suspension, next week is exhaust, early summer is going to be a torque differential, clutch, and flywheel (good to install them all at once and save on labor. had to pick out a gauge cluster that doesn't use the a-pillar because i have side airbags. i decided that i want an intercooled, tuned turbo that doesn't replace my factory crashbar.

you are supposed to search before you post a question, if you did, you would have noticed that i and several others have already done all this and clearly gotten all these questions answered.

also, all these kits clearly list EVERYTHING that they come with and come with reccomendations for peripheral equipment. if it isn't listed, its not included.

the moral of the story is you gotta pay to play, and trust me you get what you paid for. but if you try to cut corners and save money you'll regret it.

as far as my commitment...you should see how freakin spartan my life is. i spend my money literally on only the essentials, gas, car insurance, raman noodles and disgustingly cheap coffee, and i even tried brewing a second pot of coffee with the same grounds (it doesn't taste very good). i am a full time college student and i work 30 hours in 3 days having absolutely NO social life whatsoever. guess what i'm doing for spring break? working my @$$ off to earn more money for my ideal tc build. yeah, this turbo build means the world to me. don't ever say i'm not commited to it. if anything, you are not commited since you want to do everything all half@$$ed but make mouthwatering numbers. take the time and thing this through. and don't say i'm not commited to my turbo project

Quick Reply: Turbo Kit HELP PLEASE