Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo Mafia Exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 09:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Turbo Mafia Exhaust questions

Hey guys I've been a member here for quite some time now. I mostly just lurk, but today it's post time!

I've got a few questions about the turbo mafia exhaust. From what I've seen/read, you can't beat this exhaust for the price they're selling it for. I've also heard no issues about fitments, etc. I also love the look of the slanted tail pipe.

I'm working on a custom turbo project and am starting by building up the supporting mods such as freeing up the exhaust flow, working on the fuel delivery system, etc etc.

I have a few questions about the 3" turbo mafia exhaust system for the tC.

I will be bolting this on as N/A for quite a while as I piece together the rest of the system. I plan on running a t3/t4 hybrid. Not sure of the exact specs yet as I'm still planning that all out. I want to put the 3" on as I am aiming for the 300-350whp range. The exhaust system will be 3" from the turbo back.

I'm running the stock header for now as there's no point in upgrading that if it will be replaced with the turbo. Will the 3" pipe sound awful without a resonator?

Also, I'm debating between two mufflers. The N1 and the EVO2. Which will I get the best sound/performance out of?

Will it be a mistake to put this pipe one while running N/A? From what I hear 3" pipes can bog down an N/A motor a lot more than help.

Additionally, is there a 3" S-Pipe that will bolt up cleanly with the turbo mafia system? I sent an email to them earlier this week and they said they did not have a 3" s-pipe.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and I eagerly await responses so I can place my order 8-)
Old 11-18-2007, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

bump - There's got to be someone out there who has this exhaust who would be able to answer a few of these questions
Old 11-18-2007, 03:00 PM

Don't waste your time. I ordered mine on Oct. 15, didn't hear a thing till Nov. 5th when they said they would ship that week, and still nothing now on the 18th. I'm not the only person in this situation either, there a few other members who have had the same issues. Don't waste your time, after shipping and all, the price came out to ~$500. A couple hundred more and you could just get the Dezod exhaust who so far have the best rep of any sponsored company on this site.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Does anyone have a second opinion on this? I don't want to give up on it that easily. This is so far the only exhaust I've been able to find without going custom that has what I want. 3", slanted muffler, good fitment, etc.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member

I ordered a 2.5 in midpipe with 2 resonators and a cat, it took approximately 3 weeks to get it, was told because of a delay in the cats that they received. However once i got it was very impressed with the quality of the product.
About fitment, I felt like it was a little smaller than the stock one, so it seemed not to mate PERFECTLY but fit fine with a little play just like many after market parts. The rubber hangers that the original mid pipe fits into was a not going to happen with the mid pipe i got, but wasn't too concerned with that. It doesn't rattle and its a great add to my set of mods. Hope it helps. Here is a link to my post when I got the mid

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=asc&&start=80

Hope it helps.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:56 AM

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=asc&&start=60