Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

turbo manifold cracked

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bobstc
Or just get a cast iron one from turbonetics, I know that wont crack, I wounder why they keep putting maniflods that are known to crack.

ID10T Alert! Wow, I didn't know a Tnetics manifold would fit a ZPI kit. So, I think I'll go with a GReddy manifold in that case...
Old 01-10-2007, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ LOL
Old 01-10-2007, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Or just get a cast iron one from turbonetics, I know that wont crack, I wounder why they keep putting maniflods that are known to crack.
How is it exactly that you "know" that their manifold wont crack??? I mean I know, and I am sure all the engineers at Boeing know that planes wont crash....and yet.....they do.......
Old 01-10-2007, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

ID10T Alert! Wow, I didn't know a Tnetics manifold would fit a ZPI kit. So, I think I'll go with a GReddy manifold in that case...
Old 01-16-2007, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never sayed the tnetics manifold would fit I state Tnetics manifold wouldnt crank and not one has yet! Till one does im wright. O and travis you talk like your car is god, well your car will never be faster than mine, you dont have enough money to be faster than mine. O and your willing you ditch allmighty zpi product for a greddy

p.s. The offer still stands that I gave at nopi! The race you turned down
Old 01-16-2007, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe all the ZPI manifolds that are cracked should get the OBX manifold...

I kid, I kid...
Old 01-16-2007, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by j3st3r
How is it exactly that you "know" that their manifold wont crack??? I mean I know, and I am sure all the engineers at Boeing know that planes wont crash....and yet.....they do.......
yeah thats funny if you consider a plane crashing and a manifold cracking even close to being the same thing wow IDOT ALERT!!!!! please your not even turbo'd get off this forum. Did you read forum section title forced induction!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha bob... you spelt idiot wrong LOL! How ironic is that?

For the record, I've personally NEVER seen a cast iron manifold crack.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by j3st3r
yeah thats funny if you consider a plane crashing and a manifold cracking even close to being the same thing wow IDOT ALERT!!!!! please your not even turbo'd get off this forum. Did you read forum section title forced induction!
I am not even turboed.........then what is this????

and any time you are ready to race say the word....might want to check the threads under my name before you spew the ignorance again....and the point of the analogy was that you cant say that a cast iron manifold will NEVER crack.......you just never know.........
Old 01-16-2007, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never sayed the tnetics manifold would fit I state Tnetics manifold wouldnt crank and not one has yet! Till one does im wright. O and travis you talk like your car is god, well your car will never be faster than mine, you dont have enough money to be faster than mine. O and your willing you ditch allmighty zpi product for a greddy

Are you sure you're not about 13 or 14 years old? You are at the rhetorical, existential, and orthographical skill level of the majority of the members of my little cousin's CS clan. It's uncanny, really.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The Turbonetics manifold is cast steel, not cast iron.

I still dont ever see one cracking. Like stated before, Poor welds and poor materials cause manifolds to crack.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bobstc, u was at nopi? I didnt see any other boosted tC's besides travis, and if I remember right travis you told me you didnt have a clutch i think right? There was something wrong with travis car at nopi cause me and him was talking about it.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

His car wasnt in Nopi. He was there though.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The race I turned down.... Dude I don't turn down any race. No one asked me to race them when I was down at Nopi. As a matter of fact, I only saw one other boosted tC, and that was that silver one. Was that you? Cause from the way you were talking, it sounded like it wasn't in any condition to race. If that wasn't you, then I don't even know you dude, and you sure as hell didn't ask me to race you. By they way, I guess you don't realize when someone is being sarcastic. What I wrote was sarcasim, as your comment before was rather dumb founded.

**edit, Ben just said your car wasn't even at Nopi! Even though you have mistaken me anyway, but how do you race a car that isn't there to race?

By the way, when Jester's car gets done, he will make your car look like it's going in reverse.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
bobstc, u was at nopi? I didnt see any other boosted tC's besides travis, and if I remember right travis you told me you didnt have a clutch i think right? There was something wrong with travis car at nopi cause me and him was talking about it.

Naw, I had a clutch. The only thing that was wrong is I had a map uploaded to the car that was extrememly to rich. It was a 10 PSI map and I was only pushing out 8 PSI, because it was way to rich to see the extra boost. That's about the jist of it.

And again, I don't even know who bobstc is, nor did I see him at Nopi, NOR did he challenge me to a race and I turned him down. **** even with the crappy map on the car during the show, YOU HONESTLY THINK I WOULD BACK DOWN!

Come on dude....You talking to RhythmnSmoke here. Not saying I'm god's gift to racing or anything, just saying that I'll race anything as long as my car goes forward. And you KNOW I would have gotten it on vid.

As a matter of fact, when we were on our way to the stadium to get setup, I had two Scion wheels w/Drag radials attached, about 3 folding chairs, an ice cooler, and about a 60lb Tent for setup in the sun, and we passed a school of Hondas, and this little Civic hatch tried me. I walked him bad even with all that stuff in the car and my not so good tune. PROOF that I'll race regardless of conditions.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The race I turned down.... Dude I don't turn down any race. No one asked me to race them when I was down at Nopi. As a matter of fact, I only saw one other boosted tC, and that was that silver one. Was that you? Cause from the way you were talking, it sounded like it wasn't in any condition to race. If that wasn't you, then I don't even know you dude, and you sure as hell didn't ask me to race you. By they way, I guess you don't realize when someone is being sarcastic. What I wrote was sarcasim, as your comment before was rather dumb founded.

**edit, Ben just said your car wasn't even at Nopi! Even though you have mistaken me anyway, but how do you race a car that isn't there to race?

By the way, when Jester's car gets done, he will make your car look like it's going in reverse.
I was at nopi You saw my turbo tc I just didnt show my car there. It was in the parking lot you talked to me on the way out. I sayed," Hey trav Would you want to run them on the strip tonight. You sayed," no my car's in he show all weekend"
Old 01-16-2007, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I was at nopi You saw my turbo tc I just didnt show my car there. It was in the parking lot you talked to me on the way out. I sayed," Hey trav Would you want to run them on the strip tonight. You sayed," no my car's in he show all weekend"

Wait....you Ben's brother? I don't remember you asking me to run. If Ben recalls, I told him that I was going to Nopi, and he said that you guys would be down there. Then I told him I would like to race you down there. It never happened, but I asure you it wasn't because I turned you down. I don't remember you asking me dog. But being that you are in KY, we can make it happen this Sat. if you want.

PS...if I knew who you were to begin with, I would have sounded a little more friendly in the above post... But yeah, I'll run it this Sat if weather permits. Want to meet in Bowling Green?
Old 01-16-2007, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
O Ben my own brother, you new I was at nopi with my car, you have seen video's of my car street racing there. O and ben I put a car on you everytime we race.lol
Old 01-16-2007, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
O Ben my own brother, you new I was at nopi with my car, you have seen video's of my car street racing there. O and ben I put a car on you everytime we race.lol

where are your vids? youtube? if so, what's the name I need to search for?
Old 01-16-2007, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that full race manifold looks SICK.

the OP's cracked manifold was NOT made by full race. POS cheapo company made that, obviously.

Quick Reply: turbo manifold cracked