Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

turbo manifold cracked

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah Bobby was at nopi with his car. I meant his car wasnt in the show.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Dont let Bobby fool you guys, His car is faster then mine.

I wouldnt make to much fun here Joe

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
haha bob... you spelt idiot wrong LOL! How ironic is that?

For the record, I've personally NEVER seen a cast iron manifold crack.

Spelt isnt a word hahaha
Old 01-16-2007, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Travis and Bobby should race! it would make a nice vid. Not that piece of crap Turboentics vs ZPI video that they have on thier site.

That guy who owned that turbonetics car(ROB) was running 7 psi and didnt even hit boost in first gear. He didnt even get on it! There were NA tC's the shootout with better times.
Hell Travis, Your girl ran a better time with your tC before it had a turbo. Now if you wanna see a race with Turbonetics vs ZPI with people WHO CAN DRIVE a car correctly then I'm sure Bobby will be game.

Sorry if this post sounds like I'm a dick....I just get tired of this ZPI vs this and that crap.

We all have turbos, cant we all just get along???hahaha
Old 01-16-2007, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

AMEN and if we all use the same damn parts and turbo's what fun would that be, might as well paint them all the same color too then....LOL
Old 01-16-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
Travis and Bobby should race! it would make a nice vid. Not that piece of crap Turboentics vs ZPI video that they have on thier site.

That guy who owned that turbonetics car(ROB) was running 7 psi and didnt even hit boost in first gear. He didnt even get on it! There were NA tC's the shootout with better times.
Hell Travis, Your girl ran a better time with your tC before it had a turbo. Now if you wanna see a race with Turbonetics vs ZPI with people WHO CAN DRIVE a car correctly then I'm sure Bobby will be game.

Sorry if this post sounds like I'm a dick....I just get tired of this ZPI vs this and that crap.

Hey Ben, don't get bent out of shape. Me and bobby racing wouldn't be a ZPI vs Turbonetics thing, I was looking at it as Me vs Bobby.

You do know that Rob with the ZPI tC at the shootout ran a 13.4 right? On Stock Scion tires w/7lbs of boost. I'd say that was pretty damn good driving. Maybe you didn't catch that one though, so no fault, no foul. But yeah, he ran 13.4 not low/mid 15's that everyone N/A was running. ZPI sets the bar pretty high when it comes to track #'s, so it's inevitable that people are going to do a lot of comparo's.

PS...sooooo, are we going to run'em this Sat. Bobby?

PSS....how is it that your brother beats you, and you have water/meth injection? Unless you just didn't list all the mods to his car?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by j3st3r
AMEN and if we all use the same damn parts and turbo's what fun would that be, might as well paint them all the same color too then....LOL

yeah, I'm not one to speak up if I dont like something. Only because I dont want saying something on my car is crap. There is only one type of car/cars that I make fun of and thats the Ebay version Civic's.

Plus we all learn from each other to find what will work best for us in future mods. I mix and match parts all the time. I dont really car what name comes on it.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

it had dawned on me Bobby that when I saw you in the parking lot after the show (Sat.), you said that you guys were leaving and heading back to KY. And I told you that we were in the show, so we had to be there tomorrow too. that's where I think the confusion is. I don't recall you asking me to run that night. if you was hanging around, we definitely would have raced, but we didn't exchange #'s or anything, and from the way you were talking, I thought you guys were heading home right after talking to me.

So, now that we got that straight, how about that race?
Old 01-16-2007, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well to be honest....He a better driver then me. I dont get it. Every time we races he puts at least a car on my. And I do have more mods then he does.

I thought I remembered that Rob put down a 14 something during the take of that vid. O well. You got to understand, its hard to to get ____ed when all you read all day is "my car is better then yours". I think alot of us get tired of hearing how great ZPI is. Not saying they arent good guys or anything. Bobby has more to complain about them cause they did him wrong on a deal so thats where his hate from ZPI comes from. Nothing personal to anyone on these forums.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Well to be honest....He a better driver then me. I dont get it. Every time we races he puts at least a car on my. And I do have more mods then he does.

I thought I remembered that Rob put down a 14 something during the take of that vid. O well. You got to understand, its hard to to get ____ed when all you read all day is "my car is better then yours". I think alot of us get tired of hearing how great ZPI is. Not saying they arent good guys or anything. Bobby has more to complain about them cause they did him wrong on a deal so thats where his hate from ZPI comes from. Nothing personal to anyone on these forums.

Naw, it was a mid 13 run, but that's cool. Whatever happened between him and ZPI is just that, him and ZPI. I don't have anything to do with it. So, a friendly game of chess between him and me, will be just that, between him and me. I'm ready whenever he's ready. How much boost the two of you pushing? Last time I checked you turned it to 10lbs right?
Old 01-16-2007, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I down anytime I returned my car back to 8 for the winter. I took off alot of part for the winter Let me get a to my house in northern kentcuky where I can put my exhaust and everything back on and im so down for that. When we race ill be tuned for 10 pounds. I let you ride in my car and ill hit boost and ill prove it to you im running 10 so theres no confusion after the race or race's are over. So let me get off work on a weekend and put my parts on and im down.

P.S travis Sorry about insult you in anyway im a hothead. While you have a built motor at nopi? If so I will Well have to run again there to!
Old 01-16-2007, 09:30 PM
fox
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
Just out of curiosity, what could of caused it to crack?
The fact that it's ZPI
Old 01-16-2007, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bobstc
I down anytime I returned my car back to 8 for the winter. I took off alot of part for the winter Let me get a to my house in northern kentcuky where I can put my exhaust and everything back on and im so down for that. When we race ill be tuned for 10 pounds. I let you ride in my car and ill hit boost and ill prove it to you im running 10 so theres no confusion after the race or race's are over. So let me get off work on a weekend and put my parts on and im down.

P.S travis Sorry about insult you in anyway im a hothead. While you have a built motor at nopi? If so I will Well have to run again there to!

No problem, just hit me up. I'm about to get with Kenny for some shop time, so I can install some parts on the 350Z, so might as well have some fun while I'm up there.

Not sure if I understood your P.S part, but I don't have a built motor. Jester will have a built motor. I will be looking into that later on, probably next winter. Jordan (new born son) will have my pocket strapped for a while, so I'll do little stuff from here till next winter.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by fox
The fact that it's ZPI
How about an educated answer...

I had a small crack once. Mine was back when they had the old manifolds. Got it sent off to the crew, and ZPI sent it back overnighted, slapped it back on, and was good to go.

It was just one weld spot that had came undone. Then again, you know how I race our car all the time, so heat is a one of the many factors.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fox
The fact that it's ZPI
Really? That's ironic. Actually the manifold is robotically tig welded by Full Race. So did it crack because the ZPI label was placed on it? Or because it was in a ZPI kit?

I <3 haters.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by thechick_zpi
Originally Posted by fox
The fact that it's ZPI
Really? That's ironic. Actually the manifold is robotically tig welded by Full Race. So did it crack because the ZPI label was placed on it? Or because it was in a ZPI kit?

I <3 haters.
Out of utter curiousity, (not trying to start crap), that model depicted in the 1st does not look robotically G.T.A.W., are you sure this one was?
Old 01-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Holy mother of God! Thats insane. Why 2 wastegate ports though?
Boost control. Boost control is hard to ascertain sometimes with these crazy tubular designs, so the only way to prevent creep sometimes is to run dual.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by fox
The fact that it's ZPI

I <3 haters.
Out of utter curiousity, (not trying to start crap), that model depicted in the 1st does not look robotically G.T.A.W., are you sure this one was?

I think she is saying that they are now. I don't think this one was of the new batch.

Nonetheless, his comment was moronic.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Spelt isnt a word hahaha
Damn haha... I guess that's the Sicilian part in me . My dad doesn't speak English too well so I guess some words just stick from what I remember as a kid haha... Instead of saying "crooked", I was taught "crook"... Took a while to fix that habbit lol.

Oh well!
Old 01-17-2007, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fox
The fact that it's ZPI

I <3 haters.
That manifold pictured that cracked was NOT robotically TIG welded. It does not look like that lol. Regardless of who made it, def not making acusations, but that's not robo-welded.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Spelt isnt a word hahaha
Damn haha... I guess that's the Sicilian part in me . My dad doesn't speak English too well so I guess some words just stick from what I remember as a kid haha... Instead of saying "crooked", I was taught "crook"... Took a while to fix that habbit lol.

Oh well!

Everyone is guilty of it. I'm from KY so I know what its like to be taught the wrong way to say something

Quick Reply: turbo manifold cracked