Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

turbo manifold cracked

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 01:05 AM
fox
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
Originally Posted by thechick_zpi
Originally Posted by fox
Originally Posted by Whocares05050
Just out of curiosity, what could of caused it to crack?
The fact that it's ZPI
Really? That's ironic. Actually the manifold is robotically tig welded by Full Race. So did it crack because the ZPI label was placed on it? Or because it was in a ZPI kit?

I <3 haters.
That manifold pictured that cracked was NOT robotically TIG welded. It does not look like that lol. Regardless of who made it, def not making acusations, but that's not robo-welded.
Agreed..."haters"...i have nothing to hate about, especially with ZPI products. Three different people with three different issues using ZPI products turned me away from it. I'm constantly being told of bad things with ZPI. I shouldn't have said anything because it didn't surprise me and i personally haven't used ZPI products...not a hater
Old 01-17-2007, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by fox
Originally Posted by fox
The fact that it's ZPI
Really? That's ironic. Actually the manifold is robotically tig welded by Full Race. So did it crack because the ZPI label was placed on it? Or because it was in a ZPI kit?

I <3 haters.
That manifold pictured that cracked was NOT robotically TIG welded. It does not look like that lol. Regardless of who made it, def not making acusations, but that's not robo-welded.
Agreed..."haters"...i have nothing to hate about, especially with ZPI products. Three different people with three different issues using ZPI products turned me away from it. I'm constantly being told of bad things with ZPI. I shouldn't have said anything because it didn't surprise me and i personally haven't used ZPI products...not a hater

AND, what's your point. Your comment was stupid. You make a dumb comment like...."because it's ZPI".

Hmm....lets see what would I rather have.

Maybe you should do a little research and make a track record of the problems other people are having.

GReddy = stuck manifolds creating blown engines
TRD S/C = leaking S/C and voided warranty from changing pulleys so your screwed

And the rest, you just don't hear ANYthing about. At least not on here. Yet a small crack in a manifold that could be taken care of in 5 mins is this BIIIIGGGG SHOW STOPPER! that some how magically reflects on every product in their catalog.......Give me a freakin break dude...

I swear if it's not one thing, it's another. If the manifold was green instead of bronze color, you would probably find a way to complain about that. Do you even have a ZPI product on your car?.....Yeah NO...didn't think so.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by fox
The fact that it's ZPI

I <3 haters.
Again, it could have been from the old batch.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah. I wasn't saying who it was from, just that it wasn't robotically tig welded that's all lol.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

edit 1st post read the 2nd lol
Old 01-17-2007, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I <3 haters.
Well "thechick_zpi" If you like people hating your shop, you must love me!!!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

OH yeah ....I bet you are her favorite wait......I am aloud to post here right since I do have turboed car........????!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah your ok now....lol Sorry I didnt relize you were turbo'd at first.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by bobstc
Yeah your ok now....lol Sorry I didnt relize you were turbo'd at first.
Thanks man....I am just giving you crap....LOL.....and now that we know you guys are fairly close to us.....we will all have to go out sometime and........CRUISE!!
Old 01-17-2007, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah man, for sure. I wanna see that built motor.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by fox
Originally Posted by fox
The fact that it's ZPI

I <3 haters.

AND, what's your point. Your comment was stupid. You make a dumb comment like...."because it's ZPI".

Maybe you should do a little research and make a track record of the problems other people are having.

And the rest, you just don't hear ANYthing about. At least not on here. Yet a small crack in a manifold that could be taken care of in 5 mins is this BIIIIGGGG SHOW STOPPER! that some how magically reflects on every product in their catalog.......Give me a freakin break dude...

I swear if it's not one thing, it's another. If the manifold was green instead of bronze color, you would probably find a way to complain about that. Do you even have a ZPI product on your car?.....Yeah NO...didn't think so.
Greddy WGA has nothing to do with cracked manifolds... The greddy manifold is a beautiful piece, inside and out. Just to clarify and keep it on topic.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The greddy manifold is the best looking manifold to come with a kit so far. SEXY!
Old 01-17-2007, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Originally Posted by fox
Originally Posted by fox
The fact that it's ZPI

I <3 haters.
"I yesterday notice that there’s a crack on my zpi turbo manifold. Biting Nails What should I do? I can't remove the manifold this week because it's my daily driver. It will have to wait several weeks to fix it. Do you guys think it's safe to drive the car like this? Or should I fix it right away? Does anyone have had this problem with there zpi manifolds? Do you think zpi warranty there manifolds? "

There is the original message he posted....which he got an answer to...all of the questions.....and yet.....here...we are....still fighting over which company makes what, and what looks better.....

Greddy WGA has nothing to do with cracked manifolds... The greddy manifold is a beautiful piece, inside and out. Just to clarify and keep it on topic.
You mean.....lets get back to the bickering and arguing, thats cool I am out...then....good to talk to you guys...will stay in contact so we can do that cruising!!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Originally Posted by fox
Originally Posted by fox
The fact that it's ZPI

I <3 haters.

You so missed my point Zer0.

And I SERIOUSLY wish people would stop judging a products reliability on the way it "looks". If the WG is a part that you immediately have to look at before you EVER put the kit on.....that's just not a gamble I'm willing to take.

And I was making a comparison of quote-unquote WORRIES that you might have with a ZPI kit (i.e. if you got a manifold from the old batch, you might get a crack that you would have to take 5 mins to get welded up), vs. If you bought some of the other respectable F/I systems out there....the problems they have come across (i.e. blown motors, cars shutting off, oil leaking all over the engine bay...etc.).

And this douche comes in here and makes a big deal about a crack saying "it's because it's ZPI", insinuating that they make Poor quality parts.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
The greddy manifold is the best looking manifold to come with a kit so far. SEXY!
yeah, but imo, the way an engine part "looks" is not a means to recommend it. when it comes to engine mods, "How does it perform" (i.e. will I still have a running car after I install it, and beat on it for a while), should be the basis on recommendations
Old 01-17-2007, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
yeah, but imo, the way an engine part "looks" is not a means to recommend it. when it comes to engine mods, "How does it perform" (i.e. will I still have a running car after I install it, and beat on it for a while), should be the basis on recommendations

I totally agree. Thats why I bought Turbonetics. IMO there kit doesnt look the best. Plus the warrenty thing helped out.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It doesnt matter who makes the manifold, any manifold can crack!!!! Full Race manifold cracks are you gonna say "cause its full race" or what if a dezod manifold cracks, or a tnetics??? Cant blame it totally on where it came from. It doesnt matter long as the issue is taken care of right?
Old 01-17-2007, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Couldnt this been avoided if you woulda called ZPI before posting????
Old 01-17-2007, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
It doesnt matter who makes the manifold, any manifold can crack!!!! Full Race manifold cracks are you gonna say "cause its full race" or what if a dezod manifold cracks, or a tnetics??? Cant blame it totally on where it came from. It doesnt matter long as the issue is taken care of right?

RIGHT! Case close, lock thread, and in the best Cartman voice I can do...."Screw you guys, I'm going home".
Old 01-17-2007, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
Couldnt this been avoided if you woulda called ZPI before posting????

You don't even WANT to know my comment on that.

Quick Reply: turbo manifold cracked