Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

turbo manifold cracked

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hey travis, I think Bobby just felt this was the time to tell his story. He doesnt post online ever so I'm sure he didnt know about the SHOP EXPERIENCE threads. I dont think any of what was said was meant to be hurtful to anyone on either side here. IMO I think this thread hit a nerv on Bobby and you. I'm not going to get into who's right and who's wrong. I just have one more thing to say then I'm done posting on this thread......

Please lock this BS. I'm tired of reading all this he said she said crap.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thechick_zpi
Originally Posted by bobstc
Do you even relize how they treat normal customers? I mean someone like you is in thier back pocket. I order 800 buck worth part online.....they dont knwo who i am at the time. I dont see anything for longer then 6 months and it took me driving a hour and half to demand money back because they wouldnt refund me. I know I'm stared to rant so I'll stop now.
Oh trust me Bobby, I knew you were when I processed your order. I spoke with your Mom EVERY day on email or phone. Not to mention we'd met you at the shootout. You ordered a something minor which shipped to you upon order and a carbon fiber hood. You couldn't deal with the wait of the hood. I'm sorry, I can't control carbon fiber. We don't make it. And at the time, you could have called any shop in the nation and verified that carbon fiber was just about impossible to get ahold of.

Six months?? Demanding your money back?? Is that what that was when you walked in the shop, said your name softly, and I handed you a certified check that was already sitting on my desk with your name on it, and then you simply walked out???

Get back on topic already before you guys get kicked off for threatening.

It took 4 months to get a mid pipe that didnt fit, and I called that carbon fiber company and they told me they didnt have a order for a carbon fiber hood in a long time from you. They told me to back out of the order. Thats why I was upset. Some how my brother ordered that same hood 2 weeks later from the same company and ben got his hood in 2 weeks. They told me to stop going threw u and direct with them! Sorry I dont like liars. But its done the money was returned after a trip to your shop. Nothing in my story was a lie, 100% truth. The only reason why I had to drive down to get my money back in person from you (Keisha) was because you kept promising my mother that we would have a check for the refund in the mail, and yet it never came after email after call after email.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member

Not trying to intrude but I've been watching this since I first saw the post. Somebody needs to be the bigger man/woman/whatever and stop responding or make their responses a little less inflammatory and more pointed towards resolving things. If there's nothing to resolve ( which I'm pretty sure the person who started the thread already took care of the problem they had) I'm sure that there's plenty of people who'd like to hear your complaints about certain dealer or buyer in the buyer/seller experiences. But if the same thing that happened on this thread happens on every thread we're all going to have to spend a lot more time sifting through pointless rants, arguments, and otherwise not pertinent info when searching for information. Also want to let you know I'm not pointing fingers or naming names just stating that if everyone keeps responding to things in the same way it's just going to keep going until the thread gets locked and then it will move on to another thread. Not Productive!!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As for the shop experience thread. Please post a link cause I cant find it anywhere. I'd glad to post the whole story on there.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

O buyer/seller....k got it
Old 01-18-2007, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member

Buyer/seller Experience
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=14

Thread Jacking
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=130345
Old 01-18-2007, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by phatpat
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=14
thanks!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member

No problem
Old 01-18-2007, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry I went ranting...I really am. Ive been reading scionlife for about 2 years and I just get tired of hearing these stories about ZPI. Again sorry to everyone. I did get my money back from ZPI..took alittle work and time to get it but I got it. I'm sorry for taking up all this wasted space on these forums. Like I said I'm new to posting on forums and didnt really know where or how to post my story. Sorry to everyone at ZPI and I hope a great future in tuning car for them.....they just wont be tuning mine. I'm a believer in that everyone has the right to a opinion. I was just sharing mine, All in all.....not happy with thier customer service.

PS sorry to anyone I upset. Any and all problems with this manner will be sorted out through buyer/seller threads or PM's and phone. I'm done.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks. Again not saying it's your fault or RhythmnSmoke or anyone else because if it were anyone person it wouldn't continue on for the 2-3 pages that it did. And don't get me wrong I'm not against people airing their opinion just saying sometimes we all need to step back, take a deep breath, and think "is this really worth it" when they keep things going this long. the thread jackers is there as a joke not trying to check anyone just so ya know. I only interjected b/c I love my scion and love being able to share that with other people and we really need to remember why we're on this site in the first place and not let these little things turn into big problems. The last thing I want to see is a story on the news about some people who ____ed each other off on a forum and then beat the living s#!t out of each other when they ran into each other at a car show or a race or something.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:32 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Old 01-18-2007, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For the record, this isn't towards you only Bobby, it's to every customer out there who orders from any company: when a company orders a product from another company, the ordering company's customer cannot call and get info about that order. It is against every company policy to give out info regarding one customer's order to another. This is why when most of you call a company trying to get info they either tell you they cannot give you that information, or they tell you that they do not have it on file. This happens a lot, because you may give the wrong name, or the company may be going through two others to get the product.

Example, in the beginning, before we were direct with Clutch Masters, we bought all of their products through a distributor. The products would drop ship directly from Clutch Masters. I had a customer call Clutch Masters to check on an order once and they told him that we did not have an account there. So of course, irate customer called me. The product had been ordered, and maybe shipped by this time, who knows. But Clutch Masters told him correctly, we didn't have an account. BUT that doesn't mean the product hadn't been ordered. Situation was obviously resolved once I provided the tracking # showing that it was shipped from CM in Cali.

Everyone needs to remember this when calling about products that you know a company drop ships. There are a hundred dist. that we can all order through if we're not prepared to be direct.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

shes married buddy
Old 01-18-2007, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bLaNc0
can i marry the zpi chick
lol
Old 01-18-2007, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bobstc
Do you even relize how they treat normal customers? I mean someone like you is in thier back pocket. I order 800 buck worth part online.....they dont knwo who i am at the time. I dont see anything for longer then 6 months and it took me driving a hour and half to demand money back because they wouldnt refund me. I know I'm stared to rant so I'll stop now.
Oh trust me Bobby, I knew you were when I processed your order. I spoke with your Mom EVERY day on email or phone. Not to mention we'd met you at the shootout. You ordered a something minor which shipped to you upon order and a carbon fiber hood. You couldn't deal with the wait of the hood. I'm sorry, I can't control carbon fiber. We don't make it. And at the time, you could have called any shop in the nation and verified that carbon fiber was just about impossible to get ahold of.

Six months?? Demanding your money back?? Is that what that was when you walked in the shop, said your name softly, and I handed you a certified check that was already sitting on my desk with your name on it, and then you simply walked out???

Get back on topic already before you guys get kicked off for threatening.

Waiting on Carbon Fiber is definitely something I can confirm. Just ask my lady, took about 3-5 months for our CF hood, and CF fenders. I called AIT, and they told me there was a shortage going on, because the Aerospace industry was fighting the Automotive industry for Carbon fiber material.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
shes married buddy
Dang! I'm to late. LOL
Old 01-18-2007, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by phatpat
Thanks. Again not saying it's your fault or RhythmnSmoke or anyone else because if it were anyone person it wouldn't continue on for the 2-3 pages that it did. And don't get me wrong I'm not against people airing their opinion just saying sometimes we all need to step back, take a deep breath, and think "is this really worth it" when they keep things going this long. the thread jackers is there as a joke not trying to check anyone just so ya know. I only interjected b/c I love my scion and love being able to share that with other people and we really need to remember why we're on this site in the first place and not let these little things turn into big problems. The last thing I want to see is a story on the news about some people who ____ed each other off on a forum and then beat the living s#!t out of each other when they ran into each other at a car show or a race or something.

Thank you for being a proper mediator.

For the record, this isn't towards you only Bobby, it's to every customer out there who orders from any company: when a company orders a product from another company, the ordering company's customer cannot call and get info about that order. It is against every company policy to give out info regarding one customer's order to another. This is why when most of you call a company trying to get info they either tell you they cannot give you that information, or they tell you that they do not have it on file. This happens a lot, because you may give the wrong name, or the company may be going through two others to get the product.

Example, in the beginning, before we were direct with Clutch Masters, we bought all of their products through a distributor. The products would drop ship directly from Clutch Masters. I had a customer call Clutch Masters to check on an order once and they told him that we did not have an account there. So of course, irate customer called me. The product had been ordered, and maybe shipped by this time, who knows. But Clutch Masters told him correctly, we didn't have an account. BUT that doesn't mean the product hadn't been ordered. Situation was obviously resolved once I provided the tracking # showing that it was shipped from CM in Cali.

Everyone needs to remember this when calling about products that you know a company drop ships. There are a hundred dist. that we can all order through if we're not prepared to be direct.

Good info to know.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by cessblood
Originally Posted by 318_tC
shes married buddy
Dang! I'm to late. LOL

Oh how late you are...
Old 01-18-2007, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
Hey travis, I think Bobby just felt this was the time to tell his story. He doesnt post online ever so I'm sure he didnt know about the SHOP EXPERIENCE threads. I dont think any of what was said was meant to be hurtful to anyone on either side here. IMO I think this thread hit a nerv on Bobby and you. I'm not going to get into who's right and who's wrong. I just have one more thing to say then I'm done posting on this thread......

It's kool Ben. I don't hold grudges against people. Life is to short to continue hating someone. I think this thread can rest now, as the manifold is/will be taken care of. Bobby (although maybe a little unsatisfied with his Customer service experience) ultimately got his money back which is the important part, and everyone else is just along for the ride.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by yamaha16bw

It's kool Ben. I don't hold grudges against people. Life is to short to continue hating someone. I think this thread can rest now, as the manifold is/will be taken care of. Bobby (although maybe a little unsatisfied with his Customer service experience) ultimately got his money back which is the important part, and everyone else is just along for the ride.

He did get his money back and like you said thats whats important. Hopefuly this thread can die off now.

For the record Travis, I think Bobby would still ike a race.....just for the heck of it no glove needed. Him and me both are HUGE scion guys. We are happy to hear good thing from any turbo tC out there. The more the better. I know I dont care who has the fastest tC in the world. I just like to know that my car can do what some people already are doing. Our father is a Scion sales manager so we have 3 tC's. And all 3 of us love how a 17,000 car with alittle work can spank a 30,000+car anyday of the week. Thats the best part about our Hobby imo. In my mind we are all on the same team....and thats Turbo'd Scion's!!!

Quick Reply: turbo manifold cracked