Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

turbo noob need pointers to 300hp

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 03:25 AM

Default turbo noob need pointers to 300hp

Ok..Im new at turbos and ive got the money to spend. really only trying to get atleast 300 hp.ive read the forum explaining all the parts and functions which helps a bit but Im still unsure what to buy.. I was thinking descendant turbo bolt and go but i dont think the 750 injectors are quite needed was gonna get Deatschwerks Plug-N-Play 550cc Injectors- but the program comes mapped to the 750cc......was also thinking return fuel line and walbro255 fuel pump, act clutch kit or clutchmasters stage 2... i was reading a forum just last week that i cant find now but that had good input from others about there setup to get over 300. can anyone help me out.

my list as of right now is:
Item Total
1 Mishimoto Aluminum Racing Radiator
1 Mishimoto Performance Radiator Aluminum Fan Shroud Kit
1 Descendant Turbo Kit Bolt and Go
1 Clutch Masters Stage 2 Clutch Kit
1 Mishimoto Silicone Radiator Hoses
1 Walbro 255lph High Flow Fuel Pump
1 Descendant Exhaust
1 Descendant Intake Manifold

ok so heres my problem. If I get the Descendant bolt and go.. what would i need to buy to go along with the kit as in vac lines,turbo timers,programmers, ect... is there anything not with the kit that i need to purchase?

OR. get the Descendant tuner kit with deatschwerks 550cc injectors, AEM F/IC?? Any help would be appreciated..
Old 09-06-2012, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just copy my set-up. 311 whp on P-Tuning's dyno.

you don't need a turbo timer or the intake manifold (but I think I still have mine if you want to buy it from me). you will need a stronger clutch, at least stage 3

You don't need to upgrade the radiator. the OEM one should be fine, but an air diversion panel never hurts.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:42 AM

ok thanks ill look into it.. i have a radiator diversion panel on my tc already just thought the mishimoto radiator would help some. The intake manifold was last minute thought for some added styling and maybe a bit more power assist... What Clutch are you running?
Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 AM

Ok just read it sounds nice.i dont know much about turbotoyotas though
Old 09-06-2012, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i made 303 on 9 psi with the descendent kit. i have the mishimoto kit, e world boost controller and a 2.5 inch exhaust. it really is in the tune. ive have my kit for 6 months. also i have a 3 inch descendent exhuast and a 300 lph pump not even installed yet. also rolling on as far as i know a stock clutch. it was superchaged before for it may be upgraded but not sure.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by creamyxb2
i made 303 on 9 psi with the descendent kit. i have the mishimoto kit, e world boost controller and a 2.5 inch exhaust. it really is in the tune. ive have my kit for 6 months. also i have a 3 inch descendent exhuast and a 300 lph pump not even installed yet. also rolling on as far as i know a stock clutch. it was superchaged before for it may be upgraded but not sure.
You bought the bolt and go kit?? the only thing about that i was curious was it using 750cc injectors.. are you using those also?
Old 09-06-2012, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

bolt on and go. yep running the rc 750cc. ive heard some stories from my tuner on them so most likly next summer im go 1000cc for a motor build but i have not had one problem with the kit.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:03 AM

are you on a stock fuel line? and did you have to buy vac lines serparetly? if so where and what guages are you using.. i have the money to buy everything at once and go get it tuned just trying to get the right setup... i really appreciate the information thankyou
Old 09-06-2012, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

im running a gold eagle vacuume block. got it from world racing/ descendent. i also have glow shift gauges, oil presure, boost, and oil temp, glow shift oil filter adapter, there 3 pillar gauge pod and a aem eugo( wide band). you dont have to up grade the fuel lines and run a return till you hit like 450 500 hp. kareem a world racing can hook it up i think my whole set up was 5800 with tune.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:31 AM

thanks for the info..its a great deal of help covering the grey areas
Old 09-06-2012, 05:43 AM

oh Im looking up the Golden Eagle vacuum um what all do i need to buy to go with that. the gem manifold,,nylon barb adapter kit but cant seem to find the hoses itself to add to cart..im on goldeneaglemfg.com
Old 09-06-2012, 06:49 AM

clutchmaster stage 2 or stage 3 for this application?
Old 09-06-2012, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, you can't get a turbotoyotas kit anymore. but pretty much any good turbo kit from a reputable company will get you 300 whp. best choices are P-tuning, Dezod or Decendant.

what you really need to add some kind of boost controller so you can increase boost pressure until you're happy with your numbers. otherwise you'll have to keep swapping wastegate springs until you get what you want. I just use a turbo XS boost controller from dezod.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like Drax said earlier most reputable turbo kits can attain 300hp.
Again agree with Drax either a AEM truboost or turbosmart Eboost to control boost.
Also manual boost controllers get the job done.
Exedy stage two or three clutch depending....
Dezod stage1
Ptuning SS kit
Descendant kit.
Any of those kits should have all the parts needed.
Just find a Tuner that knows what they are doing.

Just get a fuel pump and injectors
-Walboro 255
OR
-Dwerks 300 lph

And either 650cc or 700cc

650cc should be right on the money and keep injector duty cycle low so you can increase if you need to.
700cc are for 400hp and up.

Last edited by GUNNIST14; 09-07-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:17 AM

injector duty cycle?? ya lost me on that

ok so already bought the mishimoto radiator,,hoses,,fan shroud,,thermostat last night.. i know it only helps a bit for the engine but i been meaning to get it.

ok this is my setup that probably going with:
Descendant bolt&go kit
Descendant exhaust
walbro255 or dworks300 ((unsure witch is the best choice for this setup))
GEM vacuum manifold (does that come with the hose lines or not???)
AEM wideband air/fuel guage kit
AEM Oil pressure guage
AEM Tru-Boost controller guage.........((.ANYONE TRIED THIS???)
and still unsure of which clutch stage to get for this setup.
weapon r oil catch
and probably a mishimoto oil cooler kit

What about a turbo timer??

this is my daily driver so figure 8.5 to 9 psi and ill be happy
any thoughts on this setup or comments on the question or anything im missing?? i appreciate all your help guys
Old 09-08-2012, 05:47 AM

Bump for answers
Old 09-09-2012, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Personally, I would limit the number of "extra" mods you're doing and just get the basic turbo setup running reliably before you add more parts. That way any issues will be easier to troubleshoot.

I'm running a "stock" PTuning kit at over 300hp. Only other power mod is the 3" PTuning exhaust. No bigger fuel pump or cooling upgrades.

The vac manifold probably doesn't come with lines; just buy those at a local auto parts store. My kit came with some but I've replaced most of them with slightly longer ones to route them the way I prefer.

For clutch, my approach was to figure out how much power I was going to make and just buy the one slightly bigger than that. I planned for 300hp/tq so I got the ACT TC6-HDSS which holds 320tq.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:09 AM

You make good points thankyou.. but because the injectors are so much larger over stock would the oem fuel pump be sufficient or going a step up?
Old 09-09-2012, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Go Dezod or Ptuning, Descendant kits are over priced. You don't need a turbo timer, upgraded radiator never hurts, boost controllers are nice to have, air diversion panel is worth it. Clutch upgrade is a must. The thing about turbos after you are ******* on it before turning the car off, let the engine idle to cool and circulate the oil for a minute or two. I would recommend a 255lph fuel pump and larger injectors are a must. I would get the base maps retuned just cause two cars with identical mods don't always run identical on the same tunes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-09-2012, 09:19 PM

i was looking at the ptunning ss kit it says its 45mm wastegate comes with 7psi spring so a boost controller would change that electronically or need a bigger spring?(still new to this) the PT kit comes with dwerks 550cc injectors.

Quick Reply: turbo noob need pointers to 300hp