Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo Sound?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by clayisland485
Oh im sorry, i should just let people F#ck me over. It doesnt really matter that for the past week and a half ive been told everyday that my ENTIRE kit was leaving THAT DAY, no biggie. and if its shipped already, great, ill give it to someone and ill get a dezod kit. because after the way I've been treated by them, The last thing I wanna do is advertise for them.
I dont personally own any kits, but i will be going boost and i am considering either the Dezod or the Greddy, as i dont want to deal with shipping problems and bad customer service.

Anyways, hopefully you can get your problems resolved man, sucks that ZPI hasnt fixed their shipping problems 100% yet. But their kits are good no doubt.

Good luck.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I could scream right now. After getting excited because i got a shipping invoice from zpi, I just got an email saying that only PARTS of my kit were coming tomorrow. And that pieces would be arriving over the next week.....WTF Anyone want a zpi kit? Screw this I'm going dezod, I can probably get an ENTIRE Dezod kit here before the pieces of the zpi kit get here.
I don't know how much ZPI paid off the admins here to cheerlead for them (and let's face it... they have)... but no amount of advertising dollars is going to make up for their complete lack of service. Admins take note - selling your soul for a free or reduced price turbo kit is far from worth it if you value the scion community.

I don't know what the deal is with ZPI - but I can say this much - their interest is to make money first, deal with the complaints later. From what I've read, this their modus operandii.

It's a shame, really... They could have a pretty decent product, but their business ethic completely trash any value they might have as a company.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ Agreed

Go with Dezod's exhaust though, going back to the original post. I doubt they'll let you down in any way.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And I'm really not bi#hin cause its late, Things happen thats fine. My beef is that when I ordered it, they told me a date of october 26th, when that rolled around instead of just saying, we're behind or whatever, they started with this run around crap. For two weeks straight EVERY day, my kit was " leaving today, all packed up and ready to go" Even one da " I'm looking at the box right now waiting for the fedex guy" and yet today they are only shipping parts of it because the entire kit isn't ready!? The turbo is coming tomorrow, wastegate maybe friday or so, gauges maybe saturday, and the intercooler isnt even supposed to leave until wednesday! I mean when I called after it was first late, I was polite and understanding when I found out that packed up shop and headed to sema. I was even polite and understanding when it was another week late after that! Then when the run around started thats when i got upset. I'm really not trying to bash anybody, just trying to get some answers as to why this is happening and what ZPI plans to do to fix it....
Old 11-16-2006, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand what you're saying about the run around but I think you're going to really like the kit. Try not to let their people skills get in the way of a good product. That is what set me off with TRD. I blew my 2nd s/c and they waited forever and a day even after pictures were sent to send word back to the dealer to pull the blower and crack open the short block. While in the mean time I was stuck with no transprotation. Live and learn, ZPI has lost another costumer referring to you that is. I know my shop can make faulse promises to costumers, that's how we lose contracts.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ahh leave it to the Cute gf( also drives a tC...I have good taste) to calm me down lol. Shes right though, me getting pi$$ed off and going nuts isn't going to get my turbo kit on my car any quicker. I mean if you look at it like she is...My TURBO is coming tomorrow, last time I checked it was en route from Ky. Just means I can take my sweet time installing everything and drive around with no front bumper cause im cool like that.....sooooooo back to the ORIGINAL topic....Whats a good exhaust Just sound wise, The megan I have is just too quiet, The cops around here don't give a damn so as long as its not rice-r-roni loud.....
Old 11-16-2006, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are very few s-pipe back exhausts for our car. Dezod, Magnaflow, Draxas, DC sports (I think is s-pipe back), and of course... ZPI

None of them are that ricy or that loud but like Joe said, you can take the resonator out of the exhaust for that extra little bit of power and sound (dezod). Can't do that with my Magnaflow... even I wish it was louder.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well if I have to keep my Megan Mids I will, or I could just get some custom straight pipes I'm looking at the greddy evo2 just because its the basis of what im looking for. The megan OE series like have looks TOO stock almost, but on the other end of the spectrum the HKS with the angled exhaust is too obvious. I just want people to walk by my car and be like " ooh he has exhaust" then i smoke their asses lol
Old 11-16-2006, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My friend has a setup kind of like that. He has the Megan s and midpipe with custom piping and tips, duel exhaust. No muffler or resonators anywhere. It's loud and it does backfire when he opens it up in first gear. His turbonetics kit is running with the supplied base map so I can imagine it's pretty rich.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

god damn your signature is annoying, it takes up like half my browser just scrolling through your crappy mods.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kenshin
god damn your signature is annoying, it takes up like half my browser just scrolling through your crappy mods.
that wasnt nice.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kenshin
Then don't look at it.....
Old 11-16-2006, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LMFAO! it is quite large....
Old 11-16-2006, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea zpi always have a problem shippin stuff out like my tein s tech that took them a mouth to ship out but yea i not byass to any company i go for the price and product..if you spend that much on a turbo kit waiting is not a big problem trust me you dont want to rush with it
Old 11-16-2006, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The turbo will substatially make your exhaust quieter. We have a full custom built turbo back ZPI exhaust with a Blitz Nur spec muffler on the end. Before the turbo, I had to always put the silencer in the pipe when we hit the interstate, other wise it was so loud (raspy at certain RPMS as well), that it would drive you into a headache. But the minute the turbo kit went in, no more raspy RPM levels, and I have not once put the silencer in the muffler. The turbo made the exhaust as quiet if not quieter than it was with the silencer.

PS...I have no cat's or resonators in the exhaust either.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I have to say, Keisha is talking to me right now and they really are busting ___ to get stuff here. And she kinda straightened everything out, just some big time misinformation from the receptionist and such. I have the stage 0 kit minus the turbo and wastegate on a truck on its way to my house today, and i think the turbo and wastegate are on their way from Texas. The only really late thing I believe is going to be the Intercooler Kit, its not supposed to leave until Wednesday.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Well I have to say, Keisha is talking to me right now and they really are busting butt to get stuff here. And she kinda straightened everything out, just some big time misinformation from the receptionist and such. I have the stage 0 kit minus the turbo and wastegate on a truck on its way to my house today, and i think the turbo and wastegate are on their way from Texas. The only really late thing I believe is going to be the Intercooler Kit, its not supposed to leave until Wednesday.

Two words....Drop Shippment.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ZPIracing has hella customer service. How do I know? Because I am your customer service. All I do all day long is sit on AIM and on the phone and talk to customers. Getting things figured out, finding out what they need, what they want, smoothing out any issues. If your issue hasn't been resolved, then you haven't talked to me.

In a small business, stuff happens, not intentionally, but stuff happens. Kenny and Sean, they can't handle the customer service side of the business really-there is way too much on both of their plates. And some may say that you should turn down business opportunities to take care of the customers you have...but that's insane!?! Each business dealing intertwines with one another-you can't tell me that if Kenny and Sean are out at SEMA meeting with Unichip, Fujita, Nissan, TRD, Scion, and hitting up all of those outlets that that won't benefit our customers? Of course it will, better pricing, more exclusivity, all for our customers.

So yea, at the end of the day our shipping is still slow *sometimes*. Sometimes it is our fault, but others it's manufacturer issues. How about TEINS eight week backorder on S-techs about six months ago? Or QUAIFE'S limited # of LSDs? Were those companies scamming customers? Were they frauds? No, they just couldn't get the stuff built quick enough.

ZPI is currently hooking up with new manufacturers and new dealers every week so that we have more people producing for us to get things done faster. It's about time that everyone realize how the world goes around and everyone is counting on everyone else.

As for Clay, I think we're settled. If anyone else has questions, call me.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I am personally going with a Magnaflow muffler on a custom 2.5" exhaust, probably from a ZPI s-pipe back. There is a shop here who's doing a special on custom exhausts for $250 (minus $40 or whatever for the muffler if you want to use a different one). Boost Factory FTW!

Now if I can round up the $$... I'm excited though. After getting that I can finally go dyno my ZPI S1.

IceNine - there just happens to be a lot of mods that are customers, that's all. That "Moderator" tag is just more noticeable than other customers who don't have one by their screenname.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Streeter how do plan on keeping the Miami sand out of your hair do?

Quick Reply: Turbo Sound?