Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo or supercharger problems...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 09:23 PM

Default Turbo or supercharger problems...?

Possibly getting into a 2007 Tc (automatic)... from a used car dealer. They've mentioned something that I'm having trouble finding any info on... a TRD Turbo recall? I don't know anything about the turbo or superchargers...but from what I can tell from research on the internet, it looks like a supercharger, not turbo? I had an '06 that was stock, so driving this I expected a little more "throw back in your seat" than it has. On another note, there is some kind of black water (?) spatter on the whole left side of the engine, like its being thrown by the belt? Any advice for me?? I've gotten a Carfax and its been regularly maint. no accidents, and there is nothing regarding any upgrades the engine has... it runs fine, no noises, but just doesn't GO... ANYTHING WOULD HELP, THANKS!
Old 03-25-2012, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CaliTc07
Possibly getting into a 2007 Tc (automatic)... from a used car dealer. They've mentioned something that I'm having trouble finding any info on... a TRD Turbo recall? I don't know anything about the turbo or superchargers...but from what I can tell from research on the internet, it looks like a supercharger, not turbo? I had an '06 that was stock, so driving this I expected a little more "throw back in your seat" than it has. On another note, there is some kind of black water (?) spatter on the whole left side of the engine, like its being thrown by the belt? Any advice for me?? I've gotten a Carfax and its been regularly maint. no accidents, and there is nothing regarding any upgrades the engine has... it runs fine, no noises, but just doesn't GO... ANYTHING WOULD HELP, THANKS!
dont get it, no more s/c either, so i doubt dealer could help new issues.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You dont want the automatic, they are absolute rubbish, bro. It's like driving a Prius without the good gas mileage.....And they never made a TRD turbo for the tc....it's a supercharger, which from your description of the car you test drove, isnt on it, so dont worry about that either.....either get a manual version (if you value your driving sanity), or wait and get a Scion FR-S that is coming out in a couple months
Old 03-26-2012, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also, not sure about the "black water spatter", but not a good sign....this dealership sounds shady if they are throwing around phrases like "trd turbo"....i would go elsewhere.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^agreed....forget that car and move on!