Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo support stuff guages,turbo timer,and other stuff

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 05:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Turbo support stuff guages,turbo timer,and other stuff

Hi I'm planning on going turbo sometime in december.I just dont know what kit I want yet. I was wondering If u know what support stuff I need like what type of gauges and other parts that dont come with a kit. plus what the differance between a wideband air/fuel gauge and a reg air/fuel gauge. And some good brands Thanks
Old 08-06-2006, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for guages you will need an A/f guage, boost guage, and an EGT guage (exhaust gas temp). these will help you out to verify you are running safely and if you are getting the correct amount of boost. A turbo timer is recommended but not needed, it just allows you to leave your car on for a period of time without having to come back and turn it off to let the turbo cool down. depending on the kit you get, some parts that really heat up may be close to parts that dont like heat, so you should invest in some heat wrap and some heat shield to place on the hood. and the difference between a wideband and a regular is that the wideband gives you a better reading of the current ratio where the regular is very sporatic and jumpy. as for brands, the list can go on and on, its pretty much personal opinion from there.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Agreed.

Brand names CAN make a difference in some respects, but for the most part, it's a matter of personal preference. For example, I'll be using Defi gauges in both my vehicles when I get ready to install my interior electronics. But at $200 per gauge, that's out of the budget for most people. But by that same token, while I don't personally like Autometer, many people swear by them because they're affordable, fairly accurate, and easy to get ahold of.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Oh ok I didn't know what guages I needed. I don't want to buy the wrong ones since they're all pretty expensive. I'am thinking of getting all Greddy guages and boost controler and turbo timer.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Do you guys have pics of your gauges and how they look I still havent bought any so would like to see how they look. Oh and Aracheon I love the Defi gauges They look sweet but your right the price is steep.