Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah! and tell them java09 and davedavetC fixed you shiiiieettt!
Old 01-07-2008, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

haha guys... if this is seriously the problem... i will laugh in my own face, too. i really really really hope it is. but brandon, how long could i keep the zipties there? seems like the MAF could fall off at any time haha
Old 01-08-2008, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i zip tied mine on good i actually have pics of it on phils thread!! try dig through a little bit and you'll see how i had it on there! mine stayed on strong for two weeks with no cel!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

matt had to zip tie his too!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get the spare keys and steal your car from the lot hahah... I hope switching it works, although the 8 ignition coil codes doesn't sound good... did you have them clear those codes and see if they came back??? and yes you will need to check your plugs even still... if for some reason your ignition system wasn't firing because of the backwards maf, then your plugs could be fouled from all of the fuel dumping into the cylinders... also I don't see why the dealer can't fix it, the 4 basic principles of fixing a no start issue or drivability concern.
1. Does it have spark
2. Does it have fuel
3. Does it have compression
4. Is timing correct

What does a turbo have anything to do with what I have listed?!?!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah that dealership sounds retarted! haha
Old 01-08-2008, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by t_urbo_C_harged
get the spare keys and steal your car from the lot hahah... I hope switching it works, although the 8 ignition coil codes doesn't sound good... did you have them clear those codes and see if they came back??? and yes you will need to check your plugs even still... if for some reason your ignition system wasn't firing because of the backwards maf, then your plugs could be fouled from all of the fuel dumping into the cylinders... also I don't see why the dealer can't fix it, the 4 basic principles of fixing a no start issue or drivability concern.
1. Does it have spark
2. Does it have fuel
3. Does it have compression
4. Is timing correct

What does a turbo have anything to do with what I have listed?!?!
yeah we cleared the codes and they came back.. we never got a MAF code. a decent amount of fuel has been dumped into the cylinders, so it wouldn't surprise me if the plugs are fouled already.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i'm just hoping the backwards MAF, fouled plugs, or something other than a bad ignition system can cause those coil codes
Old 01-08-2008, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

im not sure about that but im think the maf sensor will fix your problem.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i hope so for your sake man, i want the car running now, im starting to feel bad for you
Old 01-08-2008, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do you know what the codes are? if it is due to the cut harness, someone is going to be paying for the messed up ignition coils, not you...
Old 01-08-2008, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

thats fo sho!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by t_urbo_C_harged
do you know what the codes are? if it is due to the cut harness, someone is going to be paying for the messed up ignition coils, not you...
i'll find out what the codes are today if the MAF sensor doesn't fix the problem. i talked to my service rep this morning and he said that if i come by the dealership after my classes (around 4:30ish) he'll let me go in the garage with my car and one of the master techs to try the MAF thing and various other small things. i'm sure we'll be looking at the codes if the problem persists, so i'll get the numbers for you if it comes to that. also, i don't know for sure what the performance shop did or did not cut; i'm waiting to pass judgement on that until later today when i can actually see it for myself. but yeah, if they did cut something that damaged coils or w/e else, there's a 0 percent chance that i will be satisfied with paying for it myself.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bro,

The backwards MAF IS your issue! Here's whats happening. The MAF is what the car reads to deliver fuel. With it on backwards, the reading is being thrown off while the larger injectors are still delivering fuel. So you have an extrememely rich condition in the combustion chamber causing you to throw coil codes. The coils are unable to cause combution. If you didn't know, its not fuel that burns, but its the fuel vapors that burn. When I had a coupler come off a charge pipe, my car appeared to have died! I was throwing 12 codes with all sorts of problems. I thought for sure I blew something. Turns out it was just a charge pipe. Fix that MAF issue and maybe put in a set of new plugs, and I bet your issues will be gone. As Dave said earlier, its probably something easy and dumb. LOL! Damn I'm sure thats it! Well I hope so!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ahhh my hopes are so high right now haha.. 3 hours of work followed by an hour and fifteen minutes of college before i can potentially be the happiest tC driver in the world!

in regards to the spark plugs: i know one of the techs looked at them yesterday, but i haven't talked to him to see whether or not they were fouled; hopefully not, but hey if all i need is new spark plugs and some zip ties for the MAF to be boosted, i'm all for it. believe me guys.. i will be posting later this afternoon when i get home from the dealership. it's either going to be a really joyous and fanatical post or a frustrated blab haha
Old 01-08-2008, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good luck
Old 01-08-2008, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Zipties should only be a short-time solution. You need that MAF to be installed properly, or you will encounter problems. Like the other TT users, make sure they send you a new intake pipe with the MAF adapter on the correct way. My fingers are crossed for ya buddy
Old 01-08-2008, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn...I thought I had mentioned to you about the maf sensor before? It must have been java that I said it to.

Yeah, mine was backwards...we dremmeled off the nubs and zip tied it on and it helf for a good 2 weeks till I got the new intake pipe from Todd.

When I had a bad map, I would throw 6 different codes all realating to differnt parts becuase that is what the car thinks is the issue. It does not know the f/IC is there controller fuel, so when I got a good map (in your case, got the maf right) none of the codes came back.

Damn, i'm starting ot get excited to! I'll look for a pic.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't beleive you told him to try and look through my thread for a pic!
anyway, here is a pic of what it should look like if the MAF is on CORRECTLY:
Old 01-08-2008, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

haha phil! dont hate because i officially fixed his car and hes going to buy me cookies!! i told him dig through yours because i posted pics of mine when it was zip tied on! then he could get an idea of how to do it! haha but yeah bad idea you cant find ishhh in this thread anymore!

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!