Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh, yeah! you should look for that! I thought Ihad one but I don't. I think ola has one too.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just to prove that I have full controll over my thread, no matter how convoluted it gets...here ya go:

NOW who's the man!?
Old 01-08-2008, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Come on guys, lets keep this on topic You guys (Mr. Meaty and the LV TT crew) are the kings of off-topic.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

that was on topic! phil was finding a pic of my intake mani with the maf on the correct way and how i zip tied it so that matt can follow this and get his car up and running! that pic is VITAL!!! hahaha

Matt, if yo zip tie it like that i had no problems with it for almost 3 weeks. make sure you have todd ship you a new one asap though!

phil, you are all knowing..... i never should have doubted you... will you ever forgive me?????
Old 01-08-2008, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

matt if it was your maf backwards, that shop should refund you towing expenses and expenses frpom the dealer, you suggested it was the MAF sensor backwards from the intake pipe and they didnt listen.. or at least they tune your car free
Old 01-08-2008, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You are forgiven! Now share those cookies!

Man, I hope that is ALL it ends up being. Where the hell are you, man! Did you go to the shop yet?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its like we're all sitting waiting for santa to come on Christmas night. LOL
Old 01-08-2008, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

hes probably out driving it now
Old 01-08-2008, 08:44 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey phil, those holes in hte intake, are they drilled all the way down to the pipe itself?

.....that would explain quite a bit for me. haha
Old 01-08-2008, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No...at least I dont' think so. the hole is cut out for the sensor, but then the flange is welded ontop of it. but I could be wrong. You got my pipe, so you'd have to look at it. I dont' have none of my old stuff anymore.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

thanks phil! ill share the cookies! haha i hope it does fix his problem!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

phil that ziptie job is absolutely ghetto-fabulous. i hope mine ends up looking as clean as that

okay okay before everyone gets excited, the service department at the dealership had an absolute shockwave of traffic for whatever reason this afternoon, so i couldn't do anything today. HOWEVER! I have a personal appointment tomorrow morning at 7:45AM EST with the Toyota dealership's master technician. He's going to talk to me one-on-one with my car present. He's going to walk me through the problems my performance shop had with the install (not problems per se, shortcuts is a better term... missing bolts, things of that nature). After that, we're going to do what Brandon and Phil did with their MAFs (turn it 180 degrees and mount it using zipties). We're also going to check the spark plugs to see if all the fuel I've been dumping has fouled them (even though they have 0 miles). Then we'll try to start the car on the EManage. If it works, awesome! Problem solved. If not, we'll try to start it on the stock ECU. If it still doesn't start, I'll have to consider putting stock parts (or at least injectors) back on and try to start the car. The problem is I'm a full-time student and I will only be able to use my dad's car for the rest of this week. After that, I'll need a rental, which = more $$$. That's why I can't really wait around to put stock parts back in if the MAF rotation doesn't fix the problem. I'll know a lot more tomorrow morning after my meeting with the master tech. Depending on if I need a reinstall, I might consider flying Todd in from AZ as opposed to spending another 1k+ at a performance shop. Speaking of which, if my performance shop caused this whole problem, I'll be taking action against them to get a refund. I'll keep you all updated when I have more information. I'll also have pictures as visual evidence of the shop's install issues along with a picture of the MAF piping so you can see that it's welded backwards. say some prayers or do some tribal dances... whatever works. i need some luck right now!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

brandon what if i actually mailed you cookies if this works? haha
Old 01-08-2008, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

OH! and as for holding the perf. shop liable for that MAF thing... i can't really do it because yes i asked them to double check that the MAF was in the right position, but i doubt i can hold them liable for not knowing that i received piping with a backwards weld, you know? i'll probably have enough ammunition after i take pictures tomorrow to get some stuff from them, be it installing my TRD springs for free (something they've actually done on a tC!) and/or getting some free dyno sessions or w/e the case may be.

P.S.- i really can't wait to show you all how my CC a-pillar gauge pod looks currently. the fitment is $hitty. another bad job by the performance shop i'm guessing. i had to tell the guy how to install it he literally looked at the DIY guide from ScionLife that i showed him b/c he didn't understand how to do it! the first time he did it, he simply laid the pod over the stock pillar and surrounding area without taking the stock pillar out to drill it. so the end result was him confused, telling me i had a bad gauge pod b/c half of the damn thing was sticking out the window instead of being behind the stock felt lines haha... he redid it semi-correctly, but it's still not that great of fitment, so i'm sure i'll be redoing that ASAP when i get the car back as well
Old 01-08-2008, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

haha i would eat those cookeis and in turn mail some to phil!! haha that pic of the zip ties is actually from my car! haha
Old 01-08-2008, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

yea man take pics, lots of them.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

oh yeah that reminds me, dave needs some cookies too! haha good luck with all that yes do take many photos!
Old 01-08-2008, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

haha thanks java!@
Old 01-08-2008, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i got your back!
Old 01-08-2008, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

haha i will take a multitude of photos! and there will be a multitude of cookie sharing if the MAF thing gets me into boost

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!