Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Banned
SL Member

Congrats Jax... Glad to see you are up and running. And to your dealerships... Kudos for helping you and not charging you a dime. Seriously...
Old 01-11-2008, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm glad you got your ride running again. I will never thought about the fuse and the dealer didnt charge you. I wish Dealers in my city was that cool.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I have to say the 2 scion dealerships I've dealt with here have been top notch!

Matt used to work at desert, and they let me put my car up on the lift to fix my busted v'band on my exhasst, no charge.

When I thought I blew my new koni's, Findlay Scion put it on the lift and showed my the play in the shock. I noticed the bolt from teh bottem had fallen off, and they didn't charge me for anything, I went home and fixed it.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well a new problem has arisen. i drove my car to school and work today. everything was fine. well.. got back into the car after work, turned the key to the ON position, and BOOM !!! the residual fuel bang occurred again (is there a way to stop it?? it looks/sounds terrible). i went to start the car, and it started up fine, but alas, it could not idle. this was the same thing that happened to us at the shop when we tried running the car on the stock ECU. i had to give it gas to keep it running; even when i was giving it gas, it would sound like there would be little bits of time where fuel would be cutoff. i dunno what happened... i didn't do anything between the time i started work and got off work. i rechecked my ECU harnesses and they're all in securely along with the emanage wiring. it's not the fuse this time because the car actually started. i'm wondering if the car's running too rich all the time and maybe my spark plugs got re-caked while i was at work? either that or perhaps my MAF ziptie thing is just not working anymore.. the ECU wouldn't be able to "learn" the emanage and stop preventing idle that quickly, would it? *sigh* my car is once again undriveable.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

for that "bang" noise. pop the hood, on the valve cover look to the back of it on the passenger side. there is a hose coming into the valve cover and it runs from there to the intake manifold, make sure that hose is attached and tight. thats where your noise is coming from. as far as the idle issue, i think you need to adjust your fuel map. you have the aem fic? or the greddy blue? if so i can send you my map.. its the shizzzzz!
Old 01-11-2008, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

try unplugging the maf sensor alltogether (leave it in the intake put unplug the wires from it)
Also, it sounds like it's the same issue of dumping to much fuel. One other thing to try it to disconnect your negative terminal on the battery to clear the codes and have the ecu relearn everyting.

good luck.

OH, and one more thing...check all the couplers for your pipeing and make sure none of them popped off. Especially the ones on either side of the IC and the ones on both ends of the turbo.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by java09
for that "bang" noise. pop the hood, on the valve cover look to the back of it on the passenger side. there is a hose coming into the valve cover and it runs from there to the intake manifold, make sure that hose is attached and tight. thats where your noise is coming from. as far as the idle issue, i think you need to adjust your fuel map. you have the aem fic? or the greddy blue? if so i can send you my map.. its the shizzzzz!
i'll check out the hose; as for the idle problem, i dunno if it's the fuel map or not. i have Matt's map and it was idling ok yesterday and this morning.. i just don't see how all of a sudden it stops being able to idle.. i have the emanage blue.

email it to me por favor!
jerseyguitarist05@hotmail.com
Old 01-11-2008, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

ok imma get it and email it to you! might be later today thogh! our idle issue sounds like the coupler on the throttle body came loose. and also check the ones on the ends of the intercooler like phil said! that should solve your problem there!

you have 550cc injectors right?!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ok imma get it and email it to you! might be later today thogh! our idle issue sounds like the coupler on the throttle body came loose. and also check the ones on the ends of the intercooler like phil said! that should solve your problem there!

you have 550cc injectors right?!
yeah, 550s.. i'm going back to work to check all that stuff on the tC and see if i can't get her running again
Old 01-11-2008, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
i'll check out the hose; as for the idle problem, i dunno if it's the fuel map or not. i have Matt's map and it was idling ok yesterday and this morning.. i just don't see how all of a sudden it stops being able to idle.. i have the emanage blue.

email it to me por favor!
jerseyguitarist05@hotmail.com
the whole problem ended up being the hose.. i didn't notice it at first, but it was actually partially disconnected on the intake manifold side. i put it back on, tightened both ends, checked the rest of my couplers just to be safe, and the car started up. i'd still like that map, brandon. matt's map has some idle issues on my car for some reason (RPMs LOVE to bounce and get to around 600, which causes the car to do that whole "i'm-about-to-stall" vibration. lol
Old 01-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Banned
SL Member

this is a whole learning experience jax... you will be good soon. im jealous of your boosting... I got my S/C though, just need to install...
Old 01-11-2008, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i got your back jax! im at work but soon i will get it to you!

so the hose was the problem huh! thats more cookies for me!!!!!! im gonna buy some milk!
Old 01-12-2008, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

hey man i talked with chirs who has my map and he doesnt know how to e-mail it but i told him your problem and he said to check your parameters for your fuel injectors. he says thats your problem. you have have it set for the correct fuel injector size. try that. if that doesnt work i will find a way to get you my map.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hey man i talked with chirs who has my map and he doesnt know how to e-mail it but i told him your problem and he said to check your parameters for your fuel injectors. he says thats your problem. you have have it set for the correct fuel injector size. try that. if that doesnt work i will find a way to get you my map.
i'm pretty sure Matt configured it for 550s before he sent it to me. all you have to do for the map is attach it to an email as a file attachment. it's just a .GSC file, so save it to your computer (or have chris email it to your as an attachment), and then email it to me! if you guys don't have it saved on your computer, hook up the support tool and sync the emanage, clicking on that one communication option that says "import data." doing that will get the data off of your emanage and save it to your computer as a .GSC file
Old 01-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

yeah you gotta be to rich at idle man, hey so how much fuel is being pulled at idle? pretty much for start up and a good idle you can use the formula (stock injector cc/new injector cc)-1 and that should give you the percentage to pull.... and you can tweak from there to get around 14.68AFR
Old 01-12-2008, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

ill get you that map as soon as i can!
Old 01-12-2008, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bryan06tC
yeah you gotta be to rich at idle man, hey so how much fuel is being pulled at idle? pretty much for start up and a good idle you can use the formula (stock injector cc/new injector cc)-1 and that should give you the percentage to pull.... and you can tweak from there to get around 14.68AFR
yeah.. i'm going to start tweaking once i get my wideband up and running.. i didn't get a chance to check it today, but it's on my list for tomorrow
Old 01-12-2008, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you thought about coming down to Orlando and Have CFT or Titan tune it?
Old 01-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

sounds good!.... at least you don't have to rework your intercooler piping! thats my day tomorrow!
Old 01-12-2008, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bryan06tC
sounds good!.... at least you don't have to rework your intercooler piping! thats my day tomorrow!
haha good point. enjoy that bro

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!