Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NICE! so are you still getting the BOOM with java's map?
Old 03-25-2008, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
haha this thing is the ____tttt!!! lol thanks for the map jax, finally hit boost!!

i think that's why it wouldnt idle its because the coupler before the throttle body popped off! im guessing it was from the boom! lol
throw a hose clamp on that and it wont pop off but that fricken boom will still be there!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
haha this thing is the ____tttt!!! lol thanks for the map jax, finally hit boost!!

i think that's why it wouldnt idle its because the coupler before the throttle body popped off! im guessing it was from the boom! lol
which map did you end up using, and how does it feel in terms of power?
Old 03-26-2008, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

I tried using all the maps and it still wouldnt idle, i was using the dezod map last before resetting the ecu and after resetting it now starts and idle better so i left the dezod one for now. It just running lean for me

and java, i never popped my vac hoses.. during the boom its the coupler on charge pipe before the throttle that came off
Old 03-26-2008, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

ohhh i see.. you probably didnt put it back on well during install or something..
Old 03-26-2008, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

yea prolly not tightened enough.. but that boom caused some pretty big pressure to pop it... anyweiz i have been hitting boost and this thing is pulls hard, spools around 3.3 K.. but do you guys smell fuel or some burnt exhaust inside the car?
Old 03-26-2008, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

occasionally.. nothing out of the ordinary for aftermarket boosted cars and cars that are tuned rich.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

so that smell is normal when you go boost right especially when the wastegate opens? my dumptube is really short right now and its actually just 4 inches from the wastegate
Old 03-26-2008, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

thats your issue as well especially if you have your air con on. your going to want to fix that because your engine bay is going to get filthy too! and yes especially when the wastegate opens! no worries! thats straight exhaust fumes coming out of that..
Old 03-26-2008, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah no cat.. smells like poop even from the back lol. i havent noticed any soot yet on the engine bay though.. it still dumps under but not all the way close to the ground.. go to get those pics to todd so it can be fixed
Old 03-26-2008, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

mine smells like gas when my TT is on as i walk away from my car! haha one guy actually didnt know it was my car and was like...

ho this tc is ____ing turbo... but smells like ____! haha i unlocked it and said thanks! haha

yeah you may be good for abit but once you boost a lot it will get bad!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

yep, the fuel smell is normal. i spell fuel when i get on the accelerator as well!
Old 03-26-2008, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait...are both of you running catless exhausts?
mine didn't smell do bad till I got that new 2.5 midpipe with the last cat removed. Now it smells kinda gassy.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
Originally Posted by op07tc
Hey jax, I saw your setup in the parking lot at the shop back when you were having all those issues with getting the car to start. I was having my springs put in, and I told one of the guys the MAF was backwards at the time, and he "assured" me it was fine. Would of told you sooner, but just got around to joining the forum. It's cool to see someone in the local area get boosted, congrats dude.
hey man! yeah, in all honesty i wasn't very happy with some of the work they did there... it did end up being a blown fuse, but when i asked them about the MAF, they told me that was the only way it could go (as if they didn't know MAFs facing backwards were, in fact, backwards!) hahaha

there are a couple other boosted tCs around jax now, too. one dude on here is running an upgraded Turbonetics kit.. he's pushing 300whp/320wtq at 11psi, and i think at around 16psi he was pushing out 367whp/383wtq.. his car's a beast. i doubt i'll push mine that far. for now i'll be happy when i get my 8.9psi WG spring and can push around 325ish whp.

wad up man. long time. i talk to op07tc the other day. sound like a cool guy we gotta meet. car is still down gasket wont come in till next friday. thinking about selling the turbonetic kit and get the turbo toyotas. really wanting to get more power lol
Old 03-26-2008, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
wait...are both of you running catless exhausts?
mine didn't smell do bad till I got that new 2.5 midpipe with the last cat removed. Now it smells kinda gassy.
yeah i have no cats. my TT pipes are hooked up to my Tsudo catback, which has a resonator but no secondary cat.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by azntct
Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
Originally Posted by op07tc
Hey jax, I saw your setup in the parking lot at the shop back when you were having all those issues with getting the car to start. I was having my springs put in, and I told one of the guys the MAF was backwards at the time, and he "assured" me it was fine. Would of told you sooner, but just got around to joining the forum. It's cool to see someone in the local area get boosted, congrats dude.
hey man! yeah, in all honesty i wasn't very happy with some of the work they did there... it did end up being a blown fuse, but when i asked them about the MAF, they told me that was the only way it could go (as if they didn't know MAFs facing backwards were, in fact, backwards!) hahaha

there are a couple other boosted tCs around jax now, too. one dude on here is running an upgraded Turbonetics kit.. he's pushing 300whp/320wtq at 11psi, and i think at around 16psi he was pushing out 367whp/383wtq.. his car's a beast. i doubt i'll push mine that far. for now i'll be happy when i get my 8.9psi WG spring and can push around 325ish whp.

wad up man. long time. i talk to op07tc the other day. sound like a cool guy we gotta meet. car is still down gasket wont come in till next friday. thinking about selling the turbonetic kit and get the turbo toyotas. really wanting to get more power lol
yeah man. i don't want to really go up to sonic until my car's tuned

if you need any info on TT i'd be happy to help; if you were at 11psi on my TT kit.... oh sweet jesu... that would be a nice amount of WHP
Old 03-26-2008, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

yea no cats too, I have a tsudo n1 spipe back too but i placed another resonator so it wouldnt be too loud
Old 03-26-2008, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, I had my Tokico struts installed along with my TRD lowering springs today, but there was a complication. The fronts are fine, but the rear struts are having issues. I was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on the situation. There is a rod in the middle of the each rear Tokico that is moving up and down when the shock compresses and decompresses. That means that when we were test driving it after they finished the install, even on a soft road, the top of the rods would hit the sheet metal of the car above and cause loud, worrisome clunking sounds. There is NO way this is normal; the body of the car was actually restricting the movement of the rear struts. The installer said he installed everything correctly and even double checked things. I can't imagine it would be that difficult to install a strut (this shop does these sorts of things all the time). He said the struts are mounted correctly to the bolt-in points. It just doesn't make any sense; the stock rear struts didn't have this rod movement problem, so I can't fathom why the Tokicos would be doing this. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Matt

P.S.- The car is still at the shop; there was no way in heck I was driving it home with that sort of problem. I could really use some help resolving this; I'll be back at the shop tomorrow morning (hopefully with an idea of what's wrong). I need the car for school/work, so any help is awesome!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

im catless as well.. dezod s-pipe back exhaust with resonator. straight pipe FTW!
Old 03-27-2008, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow...I guess I was the last one to go catless (waited till after smog check)

Anyway, I think aen had that issue when he did his brothers springs...ended up they forgot to put one of the washers back in, or something like that.

Did you post this up in the suspension forums?

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!