Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

damn jaxtracer when you posted your emanage problem I was online but you posted the reply like an hour after i posted.. I could have linked you to that dezod site while you where at the shop sitting w/ you laptop and you could have been smoking vettes right now like brandon, o well at least you got it figured out.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by HyPn0TiC
Originally Posted by Ace83
hey hypnotic have you got your kit already? how's it running?
Not yet man, my kit should be here sometime this week( ) If it does get here this week we are installing it this weekend. If not then next weekend for sure.

I think Im gonna go the same route Mr. Meaty went. AEM FI/C for me.
Haha me too still waiting for my manifold to finish hopefully by this week it will be shipped.. Yeah aem fic is the right way to go, tune it right and it will be awesome
Old 12-30-2007, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

damn jaxtracer when you posted your emanage problem I was online but you posted the reply like an hour after i posted.. I could have linked you to that dezod site while you where at the shop sitting w/ you laptop and you could have been smoking vettes right now like brandon, o well at least you got it figured out.
true... my whole problem was i didn't have enough time b/c the shop closed early. oh well... tomorrow morning it is!!!!
Old 12-30-2007, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

F/IC ftmfw!

Yeah, don't know why i didn't think of the jumpers when you called, java! I guess cause I didn't have to deal with them on my f/ic...and I think ola got a used one, right? Or was that chris?
Old 12-30-2007, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

regarding your PM...here is a pic of how my gold heat shield is tapped:
Old 12-30-2007, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

thank you, sir! i have to order another one from todd b/c the shop messed mine up yesterday (windy day + adhesive backing = bad). they're buying it, though, so whatever. i won't need it for another week probably... i doubt the engine temps will get hot enough during my clutch break-in period (aka no boost) to cause paint cracking.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, you shold be good for a week, but taht mani gets HOT!
Old 12-30-2007, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha me too still waiting for my manifold to finish hopefully by this week it will be shipped.. Yeah aem fic is the right way to go, tune it right and it will be awesome
I dont have anything to worry about with the fic man. I have a friend that has been certified by AEM to work on any of their products.

I talked to Todd today and was told that mine hasnt shipped due to the mani not coming in. So it looks like we'll probably be getting our kits shipped out about the same time. So I'm hoping its all here by mid next week. If it is I'll be getting it installed next weekend for sure.

Then I just gotta get a new clutch. I wanna get Exedy but not sure if I should. What would you guys recommend?
Old 12-30-2007, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hypnotic, i won't be able to give you a solid opinion of my competition clutch stage 3 until after i drive it a bit tomorrow, but i will tell you this: when i was sitting in my car on friday looking at my gauges, i pushed the clutch in to see how heavy it would be. it's not too heavy but it's got some heft. the real improvement came in the motion. i hate how our stock pedal has what seems like 30 feet of travel. well, not anymore. the new clutch has maybe half the travel of the stock clutch. it felt AWESOME. i'll let you know about smoothness, etc. tomorrow... i'm sure it will take getting used to, but hey it's to be expected
Old 12-30-2007, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

god i need a clutch
its finally started to slip after about 2 months of stock clutch and tires
Old 12-31-2007, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by olaHalo
god i need a clutch
its finally started to slip after about 2 months of stock clutch and tires
i'll let you know how the CClutch stage 3 works out i've noticed more people go with the stage 4, but it really isn't necessary unless you plan on going well over 350whp
Old 12-31-2007, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya i dont think i wanna DD a stage 4 clutch
id stall fricking everywhere and hella over rev all the time
good work out though
Old 12-31-2007, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
F/IC ftmfw!

Yeah, don't know why i didn't think of the jumpers when you called, java! I guess cause I didn't have to deal with them on my f/ic...and I think ola got a used one, right? Or was that chris?
thanks for nothing PHIL!! haha thats what it was! haha nah im just kidding though thanks for all the help bro!
Old 12-31-2007, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was actually considering the stage 4 cause it's like $100 cheaper! and I didn't want to deal with the 500mile break in of the stage 3.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I was actually considering the stage 4 cause it's like $100 cheaper! and I didn't want to deal with the 500mile break in of the stage 3.
welllll... for me the stage 3 was cheaper if i had had to pay almost 500 or w/e retail is, i may well have gone stage 4. the break-in doesn't bother me though.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i think im going to get the stage 4 too.. i dont drive in traffic much.. i dont know about a fly wheel though i dont think its necessary.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by java09
i think im going to get the stage 4 too.. i dont drive in traffic much.. i dont know about a fly wheel though i dont think its necessary.
i don't think a flywheel's necessary either. it'd just be more getting used to with the faster RPM drop between shifts, and if you think about it, the kind of "rotational mass" we'd be freeing up wouldn't benefit us enough to warrant the cost IMO.

here's the thing i have trouble understanding. everyone claims a lightened flywheel = faster turbo spool... well... how? turbo spool is tied to RPMs, correct? that would imply that a lightened flywheel makes your engine rev faster WHILE IN GEAR. of course it will rev faster out of gear, it has no load! but in gear with the car's weight bogging it down, the difference (what.. a few lbs of lost weight??) would be so insignificant i don't see how you would even notice it. plus, if it really did rev in gear noticeably faster, that means you would redline notably faster, which means you'd ultimately be accelerating at a much faster rate disproportional to the few hp you gained with the mod. soooo... that being said, i don't see how it really decreases spool time in the dramatic fashion i've heard claimed in some places. whoa, i kind of ranted there... haha sorry guys!
Old 12-31-2007, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree about all the flywheel comments, which is why i never even considered one. and I think the "dramatic" increase in turbo spool is similar to when NA guys say "you can totally feel the differance after i put the intake on"...which is what...5whp?
Old 12-31-2007, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i agree about all the flywheel comments, which is why i never even considered one. and I think the "dramatic" increase in turbo spool is similar to when NA guys say "you can totally feel the differance after i put the intake on"...which is what...5whp?
lol yeah, if that.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you are "suppose" to get your flywheel resurfaced if you don't get a new flywheel... just like brakes, when you put new pads on you want a smooth, flat surface for it to ride on and if the rotor (or in this case, flywheel) were to have grooves in it then groves would be worn into the new clutch/friction material... that being said, there are many people that get away with not resurfacing the flywheel...

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!