Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by t_urbo_C_harged
you are "suppose" to get your flywheel resurfaced if you don't get a new flywheel... just like brakes, when you put new pads on you want a smooth, flat surface for it to ride on and if the rotor (or in this case, flywheel) where to have grooves in it then groves would be worn into the new clutch material... that being said, there are many people that get away with not resurfacing the flywheel...
hopefully my flywheel is still new enough to not make much of a difference at 13k miles
Old 12-31-2007, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, but if you have a shop do the install, they resurface the old flywheel. This is the one reason why I may not be doing the clutch install myself.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

jax you should be fine... and as long as the shop is well respected of doing what they say they will do then yes take it to a shop... I just know there are a few bad ones around here that will charge you for a resurface and not do it...
Old 12-31-2007, 08:17 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i soo have to put my ____ in haha

my clutch hasn't slipped at all.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

my clutch is good too! haha second day with boost! but boy she sure has been seeing boost a lot!
Old 12-31-2007, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

matt, brandon, or anyone else with an emanage blue w/ cocrrect jumper settings can i have your phone #'s.. im still having emanage problem and dezods tech notes jumper settings are confusing me a tad.. i'm still at the shop... thanks
Old 12-31-2007, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

actually i dunno how long i'll have internet access in here so when you guys see this, give me a call if you can help me out with the jumper settings: 904-451-6549
thanks i reeeeeaaaalllly wanna drive the tC home today haha
Old 12-31-2007, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good luck man. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

thanks man.. it's so frustrating that this whole issue is just a couple small pieces of plastic haha... now i just need to wait until an emanage bluer signs on SL and calls me
Old 12-31-2007, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im glad Im going with AEM.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
thanks man.. it's so frustrating that this whole issue is just a couple small pieces of plastic haha... now i just need to wait until an emanage bluer signs on SL and calls me
hey dude what's going on? the emanage setting are set and stillnot working? if the everything is setup on the emanage and still doesnt start, are you sure the maf sensor is not backwards on the intake pipe? matt got a wrong intake pipe so did brandon so a good chance withyou getting a wrong one.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
hey dude what's going on? the emanage setting are set and stillnot working? if the everything is setup on the emanage and still doesnt start, are you sure the maf sensor is not backwards on the intake pipe? matt got a wrong intake pipe so did brandon so a good chance withyou getting a wrong one.
well see i dont know if the emanage settings are right are wrong.. i'm having a stupid moment and i can't figure out dezod's diagram on their site... that's why i was hoping someone with a blue setup could give me a call and tell me their jumper settings so i could make sure mine's correct. the tech at the shop said he re-checked the MAF and it was in the right position... how would i know if the piping's right or wrong? the car starts on the ECU but runs too rich to drive.. so it's only when the emanage is hooked up that it won't start.. i guess if the emanage ends up getting set correctly but still doesn't start the car, the problem is with the harness? i dunno. i'll think about other problems once i'm positive the emanage is set correctly.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if it starts and runs without the emanage but not with it, then its probably a jumper like the other guys. sorry i don't have the emanage to help you out.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well i'm home from the shop.. i have a day and a half to figure this out before i head back in on wednesday morning.. i'll post pics of my emanage circuit board later on and hopefully you guys will be able to tell me what jumpers to switch
Old 12-31-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

ill take a pic of mine to.. and im not going to lie its probably going to be tomorrow.. ill be drunk here in a bit.. HAPPY NEW YEAR! ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL!!! GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its tomorrow and im stoked already.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by java09
ill take a pic of mine to.. and im not going to lie its probably going to be tomorrow.. ill be drunk here in a bit.. HAPPY NEW YEAR! ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL!!! GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its tomorrow and im stoked already.
alright sounds good man
Old 12-31-2007, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

actually ill do it today see if we can get you up and running! we went off the dezod tech notes too and one was off i swear.. we could have been reding it wrong but it seemed that way to me.. ill call you when i do it.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by java09
actually ill do it today see if we can get you up and running! we went off the dezod tech notes too and one was off i swear.. we could have been reding it wrong but it seemed that way to me.. ill call you when i do it.
alright brandon. i got your voicemail btw; i was eating lunch. i'm not at the shop anymore, so i won't be able to get the car running until wednesday, but i do have the emanage on my desk at home.. i got in contact with Todd and he is calling me back within the hour, so i'll let you know if it gets straightened out.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

alright bro!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool before video. Hope you can get things figured out before wed. so you can be up and running. I'm looking into getting a TT kit in a few months. Good to know that another FL tC has a TT kit and I'll be able to get some advice or tips when it comes down to installing the kit. Good luck and looking forward to the after video and pics when you get your car back in your own driveway.

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Jacksonville Style!